PDA

View Full Version : No point to the game if there is cheating.

vanhalendlrband
Jul 23, 2003, 06:53 PM
IF you're cheating there really is no point to play and the game must get really dull really fast. Cuz if they unlock all that then they might as well sell all the "rares" (in quotes thanks to hackers) at the weapons shop cuz finding them is pointless.

Micah
Jul 23, 2003, 07:31 PM
to hackers/cheaters/dupers/lamers, there is still a point to the game.

for some PSO is an item hunt

for some PSO is a game to have fun in
(mainly what hackers do since no point in hunting rares)

for some PSO is getting old
(this applies to me, KOTOR time)

jediknight007
Jul 23, 2003, 07:33 PM
Well, games developers usually put cheats into games to make it a bit easier for those who are stuck and need help. It has always been like that. I don't see how cheating really ruins the game. IMHO, people feel strongly against cheating on PSO because it is an online game and this allows for other people to ruin your game. With offline games, this can't happen.

In a way, it's a bit like Pokemon. Everyone used to get infinite Rare Candies all the time and beefed up their Pokemon when playing by themselves. I loved my Level 100 Dragonite (it was so cute!) and beat the crap out of the Pokemon Leaders. However, since everyone was doing it, Pokemon battles soon got boring.

You just have to have strong will-power that's all. If someone says you can cheat, it doesn't mean you have to.

Here comes the flaming as usual with all posts related to cheating...

Blade21
Jul 23, 2003, 09:29 PM
The point is. . . Phantasy Star is, in the end,. .at the end of the day. . .when the monitor goes off. . ect. A GAME. Yes, cheats will cheat, legits will play legitly, blah blah. But what I find is that cheats have the advantage. Newbies who just want to get stronger and stronger, will do anything for more power, so they turn to cheating. It should be called the Eternal war, because their is nothing any of us mortals can do about it.

David_Ikari
Jul 24, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-07-23 19:29, Blade21 wrote:
The point is. . . Phantasy Star is, in the end,. .at the end of the day. . .when the monitor goes off. . ect. A GAME. Yes, cheats will cheat, legits will play legitly, blah blah. But what I find is that cheats have the advantage. Newbies who just want to get stronger and stronger, will do anything for more power, so they turn to cheating. It should be called the Eternal war, because their is nothing any of us mortals can do about it.

Yes. At the end of the day, PSO is a game. As with all games, there are rules that must be obeyed.
The minute you cheat is the same minute you cease to play a game.

Why do you think game developers made it so hard to find items? Why did they make all of the fun items so rare?
Why? So that you have the fun of finding the item. It's a challenge. In PSO, the challenge is to have the patience to find a rare item or monster; to have the skill to defeat said monster once it appears.
Cheating is for the impatient and skill-less few who want to escape difficulty.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

AUTO_
Jul 24, 2003, 03:05 AM
On 2003-07-24 00:00, David_Ikari wrote:

On 2003-07-23 19:29, Blade21 wrote:

Yes. At the end of the day, PSO is a game. As with all games, there are rules that must be obeyed.
The minute you cheat is the same minute you cease to play a game.

Why do you think game developers made it so hard to find items? Why did they make all of the fun items so rare?
Why? So that you have the fun of finding the item. It's a challenge. In PSO, the challenge is to have the patience to find a rare item or monster; to have the skill to defeat said monster once it appears.
Cheating is for the impatient and skill-less few who want to escape difficulty.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Can I get an AAAAAMMMMEEN?!

RuneScapeMan
Jul 24, 2003, 06:10 AM
Well, I think the point of this(and ALL the other games) is to have fun.
I have loads of fun although I'm using dupes.
But I THINK that the game would be more fun if it was impossible to dupe.
But I have only found four good things and three of them was before I corrupted so...
If you corrupt with dupes you just don't need to care...
But if you have loads of stuff and you're legit, and you corrupt.
It's very very very hard and very very very boring to get it all back.
Plus that people who only play this game for 2-3 hours a day will have ten times weaker weapons.

Fojar
Jul 24, 2003, 08:42 AM
when i think of van helen, i think of how much they sucked.

David_Ikari
Jul 24, 2003, 09:46 AM
Do you have to collect every item immediately? PSO is a long term game. You don't just load it up and expect to finish it by the end of the week.

Also, most of this game's enjoyment is supposed to be found in on-line play. Going on quests with people of different section ID's and finding items you would normally never see; working as a team to meet common goals; understanding the societal groups that form.

Bonus items are good to get. They're a good goal to reach for. But have fun along the way. Play the game. Meet people. Talk. Laugh. But above all, enjoy yourself.

happyalloy
Jul 24, 2003, 11:29 AM
[quotPosted: 2003-07-23 16:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF you're cheating there really is no point to play and the game must get really dull really fast. Cuz if they unlock all that then they might as well sell all the "rares" (in quotes thanks to hackers) at the weapons shop cuz finding them is pointless.
_________________e]

I guess I'm what you consider to be a cheater. I've been playing this game non-stop since I bought it in November. And guess what? It's still fun! The reason why is I play this game for the cooperative play with friends. I HATED having to trade with others, or race for the stupid red boxes. I think being a duper has made this game a lot more fun for me, and has also made me a lot more generous. I'm not worrying about whether or not I'm next to the enemy so I can get the red box it might drop. I don't have to play offline for hours on end trying to find a rare, or do the telepipe trick for rare monsters. Being able to have the items I want in the game has allowed me to focus on what I enjoy- mag raising, meeting and playing with friends, and just plain having fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragon_Knight
Jul 24, 2003, 02:35 PM
Granted it would help if I didn't have to race for money or rares everytime my all-but-one android team plays, but I still do just in case its that sting tip that the RAcast sold off.

vanhalendlrband
Jul 24, 2003, 05:58 PM
To Micah: If PSO is getting old stop ruining the game for people like me who enjoy it. I mean lets face it hackers are in the minority and if you're cheating in the game you can complain to XBOX Live about it, gee i wonder why? Hmm.................. maybe cuz its not the way the game is supposed to be played, just look at EPIII and what it says about User Agreements and hacking, you'll get banned. Even Sonic Team doesn't want it. What does that tell u?

To Blade21: No shit cheats have an advantage. Whose arguing with that? It doesn't prove whose the better player. Go and cheat in the NFL and say what you said, this is no different. Its a game just as much except we PAY to play not get PAYED to play. "Oh commish of NFL I was only cheating cuz i'm a newbie." Come on gimme a break.

David_Ikari: Your opinion is shared by Sonic Team and all major Sports.

Auto_: AMen

RuneScapeMan: Didn't somebody already say this? We get the point about cheating, it gets you ahead. Just like if you take illegal drugs at the olympics except if you get found out you are BANNED!

Fojar: Is Van Halen that hard to spell? It is on my user name.

HappyAlloy: Sorry to burst your bubble but those red boxes that are dropped are there for a reason, so you play the frickin' game and find the frickin' item. Thats the main point of the game. What don't you ppl get CHeatin is CHEATING!!!! Thats all it is.

And I pray for the day Sonic Team can crack down. They were almost there on the DC and I think they can get there on XBOX. I mean there is a reason why they were fighting with Gameshark way back on DC. I mean they didn't make the game to put you guys way ahead of everyone else. Espescially items they haven't even unlocked yet.

Blade21
Jul 24, 2003, 06:13 PM
Van Halen: I wasnt arguing at all my young apprentice. I was simply stating that new people joining the game (newbies) will see the, bkb for example, and adore it. I like to call it the gateway drug, it has that ring to it! Anyways, they will continuing hacking, duping, corrupting to odds on end untill they are a mindless half alive being of darkness ACK!!

Rudoku
Jul 24, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-07-23 17:33, jediknight007 wrote:

In a way, it's a bit like Pokemon. Everyone used to get infinite Rare Candies all the time and beefed up their Pokemon when playing by themselves. I loved my Level 100 Dragonite (it was so cute!) and beat the crap out of the Pokemon Leaders. However, since everyone was doing it, Pokemon battles soon got boring.

Uh...but Rare Candied pokemon suck stat-wise...and l.100 battles are the best part of the game. But I say who cares what other people do? I won't whine until the first time I get PK'd. (Then its on!)

Solidus_Snake
Jul 24, 2003, 08:40 PM
Listen my friend....IT IS NOT FUN SEARCHING FOR RARES WHEN ALL YOU HAVE FOUND IS 35 GAE BOLGS AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!! it is not fun when you have never ever ever seen a rare monster on ultimate during the entire time you have gained more than 56 levels on ultimate only which is more than 130 hours and being level 136 i know that for a fact. This kind of thing such as duping helps us people who were once patient enough to spend time looking and ive grown overly tired of doing so. Cry about us not looking for items when most of us have prolly done more searching than you have

Reenee
Jul 24, 2003, 08:49 PM
On 2003-07-24 18:40, Solidus_Snake wrote:
Listen my friend....IT IS NOT FUN SEARCHING FOR RARES WHEN ALL YOU HAVE FOUND IS 35 GAE BOLGS AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!! it is not fun when you have never ever ever seen a rare monster on ultimate during the entire time you have gained more than 56 levels on ultimate only which is more than 130 hours and being level 136 i know that for a fact. This kind of thing such as duping helps us people who were once patient enough to spend time looking and ive grown overly tired of doing so. Cry about us not looking for items when most of us have prolly done more searching than you have

Then dust off and get back on that horse again.

happyalloy
Jul 25, 2003, 03:55 PM
*shakes head* I'm sorry that you can only enjoy the game your way and cannot understand that not everyone feels the same way you do, Van Halen. By the way, when you can hold down 30 hours of work a week, double-major in two disciplines in college, work on a thesis, maintain a 4.0 GPA in Honors, take care of an apartment and a fiancee, AND have the time to find decent weapons- then I will consider that you can understand my situation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Different people have different reasons for playing this game. I stand by my belief that playing with friends in a cooperative setting and not fighting over items is a valid reason for playing the game.

In addition, I never said I wasn't a cheater http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But I do not engage in those behaviors that hurt others (I do not hack, I do not bring twinked chars online til lvl 80, and I do not spread anything I dupe other than to replace what my friends lose to FSOD and FSOD-X).

Oh, and your flame against Micah is laughable. If you've spent any time at all on these boards, you'd know that Micah is one of the most rabid anti-hackers there are on this board.

gallaugher
Jul 25, 2003, 04:24 PM
On 2003-07-24 06:42, Fojar wrote:
when i think of van helen, i think of how much they sucked.

You're just trolling. Van Halen does not suck.

Blade666
Jul 25, 2003, 04:33 PM
I dont know why people cry about other people useing hacked stuff or whateva.

It aint are fault the weapons are good and hey i was legit for at least a 100 levels till i seen someone and gave me alot of good stuff.

I know i shouldnt be useing it but its kinda patehtic if someone little dude comes along and kicks the S**T out of u and he is hacked up with items so if they want to do it hey ill do it myself.

~Blade Master~

tank1
Jul 26, 2003, 02:12 PM
duping clogs up the game and causes corruption (for those of u who live in england read ngc and youll see and also if youve got a knowledge of stuff like this youll know)and anyway dupes ruin the game and if u played a 100 hours to get a bit of data in a game then your pretty sad tell u wot open your curtains and let the sunlight touch your skin and if ya feeling really brave open ya front door and go outside!!!
AND QUIT RUINING THE GAME FOR OVERS!

vanhalendlrband
Jul 26, 2003, 05:09 PM
I hardly play the game at all and i've seen rare monsters. Feel sorry if you haven't seen any.

vanhalendlrband
Jul 26, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-07-25 13:55, happyalloy wrote:
*shakes head* I'm sorry that you can only enjoy the game your way and cannot understand that not everyone feels the same way you do, Van Halen. By the way, when you can hold down 30 hours of work a week, double-major in two disciplines in college, work on a thesis, maintain a 4.0 GPA in Honors, take care of an apartment and a fiancee, AND have the time to find decent weapons- then I will consider that you can understand my situation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Different people have different reasons for playing this game. I stand by my belief that playing with friends in a cooperative setting and not fighting over items is a valid reason for playing the game.

In addition, I never said I wasn't a cheater http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But I do not engage in those behaviors that hurt others (I do not hack, I do not bring twinked chars online til lvl 80, and I do not spread anything I dupe other than to replace what my friends lose to FSOD and FSOD-X).

Oh, and your flame against Micah is laughable. If you've spent any time at all on these boards, you'd know that Micah is one of the most rabid anti-hackers there are on this board.

I said it once earlier. There are rules in a game. You can follow them or you can not follow them. Its up to you. I'm just saying that people get out of control and it shouldn't be allowed. And it won't be forever. Cuz in the feedback there is a complaint for hacking or cheating and its there for a reason. SO those ppl get BANNED!
An example: Sammy Sosa uses a corked bat. He gets suspended. Why? Cuz he broke the rules of the game giving him an unfair advantage over other players.
As you have read in my example, even though Sammy Sosa may or may not have intended to use the corked bat which has nothing to do with what i'm trying to explain, cheating is cheating. And you are making the game unfair to the REAL ppl. The people that may work a lot harder than you and still try to play by the rules. Cheating in every form is cheating. Giving an unfair advantage to other people.
And seein' as i don't have time to read every thing in this forum or even have much time to go on the internet i'm sorry if Micah is anti-hack but i just responded to his comment. That is all.