PDA

View Full Version : Leveling suppose to be this slow?

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 06:57 PM
Ok I guess you can kinda say i'm new to Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2. I am playing it on the Xbox. Anyways, is it just me or is gaining levels very slow and hard? Is the game seriously suppose to be like this?

my HUcast is level 56, and on single player I am on the hard difficulty still, I cant even beat the ruins, its to hard. I feel like I am doing something wrong here. I have a level 200 mag, and doing on average 300 damage.

Am I on the right track? where should I be about now? I feel like i'm suppose to be kicking ass by now on Very hard , but I cant even handle the forest on Very hard online unless I am with other players.

Some help and tips would be great, thank you.

polishedweasel
Jul 23, 2003, 07:01 PM
You should be well into V hard with that lv man. Beat falz and watch the levels come. Most people have characters into Ultimate by that lv. So go beat falz!

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 07:02 PM
o_O I dind't get to ultiamte til about 80. then i restarted now i'm at 11 and in mines ino normal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:03 PM
yeah, you should be able to do it...

where is the hang up? Not enough life to last falz's grants attack? running out of mates? need armor that reflects your high level with lots of slots full of goodies?

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:03 PM
I dont understand what I am doing wrong though. I am getting my ass kicked in the ruins on hard. How much damage should I be doing and what weapon should I have?

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 07:05 PM
Hmm, can't get my Dark Falz Hard at the level you're at? You must be doing something horribly wrong. Maybe you're just not attacking efficiently. What are you doing in the battle? How does it normally go for you?

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:05 PM
I'm getting knocked down on my ass by the monsters in the ruins. I can barely even make it to the boss on Ruins at all. Its to hard. Perhaps it is my armor that is causing the problems, I would assume so. What should my evade be?

as far as damage goes, like I said, im doing around 300 damage, which is enough to kill the monsters in 2 or 3 hits, which is just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toolfan on 2003-07-23 17:07 ]</font>

jediknight007
Jul 23, 2003, 07:06 PM
Keep playing V.Hard online! You need all that EXP. Use the maps in the guides here to see estimate how much EXP you can expect to get in one run. Once you get to Ultimate, you can get tons of EXP. Even one or two runs through V.Hard Ruins can get you up a few levels. I'm a Level 84 HUmar and was about Level 50 I think when I got to Ultimate. And that was 2 weeks ago. I levelled up most from Ultimate Forest but I also enjoy playing Ruins on V.Hard online as well.

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 07:07 PM
What armor and and barrier do you have?

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:09 PM
If you're killing everything in a single combo, then you're doing enough damage.

List your equipement for us, 'cause it sounds like you don't have enough defense and hit points and all that nice protective stuff.

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 07:12 PM
Maybe it's your weapon, what type of character and what weapon are you using? You could always rethink your strategy for attacking the enemy if it's not working out so well.

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:13 PM
ok here is what I got.

weapon: Justy-23ST +15
Armor: Protect Frame (level 51)
God/Arm++
God/Arm++
God/Arm++
Shield: Protect Barrier (level 47)
Mag: Level 200 Dreamcast

The Barrier is probably the problem, but the NPCs never seem to be selling anything around my level range, I guess I just gotta keep checking.

as for my stats...

ATP: 1019 (669)
DFP: 190 (88)
MST: 0
ATA: 225 (167)
EVP: 382 (212)
LCK: 10 (10)

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:16 PM
Well, what's your mag's stats?

I personally would drop a couple of god arms in favor of some nice stuff like metal body (god body if you could get) and a dragon hp if you're having trouble having enough hp. do you really need that much accuracy?

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 07:17 PM
YOu haven't found a luck material? o_O

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:21 PM
on my mag, POW is 195 and DEF is 5.

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-07-23 17:21, Toolfan wrote:
on my mag, POW is 195 and DEF is 5.

I thought as much. People want all whomp, and never think to do anything about preventing their own death with a bit of defense.

Yes, a good defense is a good offense... but if you can't take a hit, then you can't be offensive either...

anyway, my advice is to remove two god arms. put on defense boosters like god body and the like. give it another run and see if you can't stand up to some of those monsters.

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:30 PM
I'm actually going through ruins right now and with my current set up im not getting knoced down anymore when I get hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was last level to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif all it took was one more level for that to stop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thank you guys for your help though, im going to take the advice you gave and use it to improve my character. Gonna go online right now and do some trading for some of the items you guys mentioned.

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:33 PM
glad to hear that. good luck

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:36 PM
Kill that mag and get something with like...

50 pow/dex or dex/def and 100 POW or def.

OniTatsujin
Jul 23, 2003, 07:50 PM
WOW...i was lv like 48 when i beat DF on Hard..and V. Hard was slow, but more EXP, and im lv 90 now with this equiptions, BTW im a HUmar

TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD +50
PARAITE WEAR: Nelgal
God/Power
God/Power
Master/Ability
Master/Ability
SECRET GEAR
Sato
stats for sato: 30/108/34/10

and i die from bombs in Mines(Ultimate), but the monster suffer from my blade, but i die from a friken bomb..WTF? and my defense is well around 500

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
You need a nice Deband..with level 30 deband I have well over 1035 def with all my equipment and a deband :|

Saigan
Jul 23, 2003, 08:02 PM
Generally one should learn the game before taking illegitimate (sp?) items. Simply for the sake of learning the basics, it sounds like you may have missed out on those. I'm not flaming or anything but I would recommend maybe starting another legit-only character and only play him offline to learn the ropes and gain some PSO zen. That should help.

Mash
Jul 23, 2003, 08:27 PM
A HUcast, with that mag? You should be at the end of VHard by now, ready to launch into Ultimate. HUcast have the highest attack and with that Mag your stats should be thru the roof!

Maybe try getting your hands on a powerful saber or sword?

And the above defense suggestions would help.

JDHayes
Jul 23, 2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah man you should keep running through mines until you get some good stuff

Toolfan
Jul 23, 2003, 09:10 PM
haha, I beat the boss on ruins, it took three tries though but i did it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

now I can play on very hard on offline mode.

St_Botchua
Jul 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
you guys have monstorus atp and stats

im a ramar offline and my atp with my delsabers buster is only 856 and im already in ult at level 69

you guys should be rolling through hard and vhard no sweat

Mixfortune
Jul 24, 2003, 01:12 AM
This may sound like a stupid question but you are using three hit combos right? O_o

SubstanceD
Jul 24, 2003, 02:57 AM
There are momnets when it feels like it is impossible to level up any more, I am having one of these momnets right now. My leveling strategy usually consists of doing Forest runs over and over again ( with it's shortness, it's density of enemies and the EXP you get from the boss it is one the fastest ways to gain exp ) untill Forest becomes effortless and the EXP trade off no longer becomes acceptable. I was able to implement this strategy on Hard and Very Hard because I was also looking rares that were speciffic to that level so I was killing two birds with 1 stone but no that I am on Ultimate the Rares that I NEED ( and getting them will make doing my Ultimate Forest runs that much easier and quicker ) are available in Caves and they are refusing to drop and as such I am not getting as much exp as I would have hoped. I refuse to do any other level untill I get what I am looking for.

Toolfan
Jul 24, 2003, 04:04 AM
ooh yeah of course, I am getting off the 3 hit combos everytime. I'm not that clueless as to how to play the game. I just ran into problems with my character that I didnt know how to handle, but I got it under control now thanks to your guys help. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yoda86
Jul 24, 2003, 06:15 AM
Be careful against falz's last form. He can cream my LVL 53 RAcast's butt with no problem (damn falz). Anyway, Hunters I've noticed (if you play for a while) will level up considerably faster than any other class.

People say Rangers are the faster of the three classes to level but I disagree. My friend had a level 90 some Hunter while I was 116 with my Ranger. A few days later my friend's Hunter was 114 and my Ranger only 118.

Anyway, just one man's opinion and good luck with Dark Falz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoda86 on 2003-07-24 06:44 ]</font>

Helvetia
Jul 24, 2003, 07:06 AM
My friend have a level 90 some Hunter while I was 116 with my Ranger. A few days later my friend's Hunter was 114 and my Ranger only 118.
The player makes the difference, not the class.
Anyway the easiest class to Lv Up IMO are Forces whit a good equipment provided by your main char, a good Force can do Ult Mines Offline runs in 20/25 Minutes for 75'000 Exp points. They also are the class whit less problem when they enter Ultimate mode, since Hunter usually have ATA problems.

Yoda86
Jul 24, 2003, 08:46 AM
On 2003-07-24 05:06, Helvetia wrote:
The player makes the difference, not the class...

True, we played about the same number of hours a day but you must take into account that Hunters can blast through a room in no time with their great amount of damage they deal to enemies. That's really the only reason I believe they can level up pretty fast.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 24, 2003, 11:00 AM
On 2003-07-23 17:02, Lucas2k4 wrote:
o_O I dind't get to ultiamte til about 80. then i restarted now i'm at 11 and in mines ino normal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

that sounds like a nice safe level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OniTatsujin
Jul 24, 2003, 11:52 AM
i dont have ATA problems and im a Hunter..and my mag only has 34 DEX and i have no god/arms or elf/arms..

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 11:57 AM
I'm raising a Sato so my MAG's Dex will be at least 45. But I'm going to try to get it's power to 125. w00t

AxemPunanny
Jul 24, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-07-23 17:13, Toolfan wrote:
ok here is what I got.

God/Arm++
God/Arm++
God/Arm++

The Barrier is probably the problem, but the NPCs never seem to be selling anything around my level range, I guess I just gotta keep checking.

as for my stats...

wait a minute, anybody catch that he said his char is a HUcast, but what's his weapon? Unless I'm wrong, but when can HUcasts use rifles, let alone non-rangers? Maybe it was a typo, and meant a RAcast. And I thought, you couldn't raise a mag with a POW of 195. If it was raised properly, there would be no way that DEF would stay at 5. Even if you fed it just monomates the whole way, DEF would still raise by 5 up til (at least) the 2nd evolution (for any class). And I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being a Dreamcast mag, since you need a lvl 101 mag, and by that time DEF would be over 5. I'm not saying the issue is if it's a legit player, it's more a question of the "legitness" of the item(s).

I agree with most here, at that level and equipment you should be able to handle Hard fairly well.

Nei3rd
Jul 24, 2003, 12:41 PM
PA-BINGA! Thats your prob. To much emphasis on ass whompage and not enough emphasis on Defense. Hmmmm. Tell you what, I got a black SATO mag that has good defense and offense. Plus it has 10 extra (I think levels on it before it maxes out. I'll give that mofo to ya for free. My GT is Rizzo83. PM me if your interested.

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 12:45 PM
On 2003-07-24 10:40, AxemPunanny wrote:

On 2003-07-23 17:13, Toolfan wrote:
ok here is what I got.

God/Arm++
God/Arm++
God/Arm++

as for my stats...

wait a minute, anybody catch that he said his char is a HUcast, but what's his weapon? Unless I'm wrong, but when can HUcasts use rifles, let alone non-rangers? Maybe it was a typo, and meant a RAcast. And I thought, you couldn't raise a mag with a POW of 195. If it was raised properly, there would be no way that DEF would stay at 5. Even if you fed it just monomates the whole way, DEF would still raise by 5 up til (at least) the 2nd evolution (for any class). And I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being a Dreamcast mag, since you need a lvl 101 mag, and by that time DEF would be over 5. I'm not saying the issue is if it's a legit player, it's more a question of the "legitness" of the item(s).

I agree with most here, at that level and equipment you should be able to handle Hard fairly well.

Wow! O_o. I never noticed that! I totally agree with you there.

Agito
Jul 24, 2003, 01:33 PM
I find that impossible. My first character was a HUcast. At level 42 I beat Falz hard. You MAG is a godompared to mine. (I UPGRADED MIND TO 29 FOR CRYING OUTLOUD) I thought that mind would the MAg but it was a waste of 29 levels. I had no idea. Anyway i have basic armour and a basic barrier. I beat falz with just a Vulcans+4.