PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 :The Fight For Earth

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 07:10 PM
I was thinking of a whole new installment and not just a addon.Here;s is a story line:
Pioneer 2 completes its mission on finding pioneer 1.
In the rescue of pioneer something very wrong happened.When pioneer 1 ways being resuced, the lifeforms of ragol detonated the planet and causing pioneer 1 to be destoryed and pioneer 2 extremly damaged.The Mission was aborted and the nearly destoryed ship returned back to earth.But pioneer 2 did not know it was being followed by the remaining life forms of ragol.The life forms used high tech ships to follow pioneer 2 back to earth.Though pioneer 2 lands safely back on earth,The enemy crashs on the earth.Pioneer 2 sends out the news.Little did the humans know that the enemy was mutating into more powerful forms.Now earth must prepare to fight to counter the invasion and save earth

Toruxxx
Jul 23, 2003, 07:14 PM
damn those lifeforms must be damn brainy to fly high tech ships who would thought a booma would be able to fly a ship ^_^ lol

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
If not a booma a robot

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 07:18 PM
I like it! but it would be sweet if they did kinda like a resident evil thing and made the monsters board the p2 ship and then creat a hive in which they started mutating within p2. And then have all these cool levels with creepy enviroments and then the they land on earth to kick their ass and then the final level is the HIIIIVE!

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 23, 2003, 07:24 PM
I thought that PSO wasn't related to Earth... I seem to remember it being called something else...

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
Ooo!Phantasy Star Online:SPACE INAVDERS!

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 07:36 PM
LOL LMAO man everything Rick says makes me luagh behind this screen.

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 07:50 PM
Am I the only frickin' person in the world that realizes that Survival Horror genre games SUCK EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNTS OF ASS! I'm actually kinda partial to the Resident Evil Series though, not saying that some survival horror games aren't acceptable, but I would be content to never witness the creation of another survival horror style game. For saying that PSO should "...it would be sweet if they did kinda like a resident evil thing..." you are now deemed a blasphemer. Too bad I really have no say in anything, so I'll be the only one that thinks so. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:52 PM
Only survivor horror games I like have to be the Resident Evil and Silent Hill Series.

OniTatsujin
Jul 23, 2003, 07:54 PM
Didn't you know the reason there going to Ragol because the Earth blew up or something because of pollution and war and crap...

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in the future.

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 08:12 PM
In the end that is what probably will happen with all this war crap, why were there so many nukes created jesus , they should have treated them like joints roll them up one at a time.

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 08:46 PM
With a little research you will find that a nuclear weapon of mass destruction is a lot harder to take apart than it is to put together. Besides, Earth's countrys' militarys still have the insane notion that whoever has the most nuclear weapons is the dominant superpower.
The five Superpowers of the world, USA, Great Britain, Russia, France, and China, are the only countries who are "supposed" to have nuclear bombs, but when the Soviet Union fell Russia had massive debt and was selling military secrets and thier top scientists were working for the highest bidder. So now many smaller countries and groups are acquiring nukes. Some of these countries and groups may not be so educated in the consequences to the use of one of these weapons. One poorly detonated nuclear weapon anywhere on the planet has the potential to have harmful effects on the entire planet. Humans have a hard time surviving under high levels of radiation.

I doubt that we have the technology or manpower to construct large intergallactic ships capable of carrying the Earth's population across millions of Lightyears of space to a new planet with a suitable habitat. However, necessity is the mother of invention, and the race has had a decent time surviving up til now...

But if I were a betting man, I'd say we'd all die if this planet craps out on us.

Arutha
Jul 23, 2003, 10:45 PM
Three things very wroong with this.

1.Their homeplanet was Coral, not earth.

2.Coral was deteriorating rapidly, therefore they cannot fly back to Coral.

3.I don't think boomas can fly spaceships.

St_Botchua
Jul 23, 2003, 10:51 PM
about where p2 chrashes after a mysterious thing hits it and you search the ship to kill the culprit

Arutha
Jul 23, 2003, 10:54 PM
On 2003-07-23 20:51, St_Botchua wrote:
about where p2 chrashes after a mysterious thing hits it and you search the ship to kill the culprit

What? I don't understand. Can you explain this?

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:39 PM
He means the new storyline.

Mixfortune
Jul 24, 2003, 01:25 AM
Dark Falz resurrects Zio and you use Psycho Wand on Rune to get a Lutz Doll, then in the second chapter Nei runs off to !!Super Mega Team Hyper Combo Finish!! and then a king rappy falls on Montague's head, which a hildebear takes and created a Montague's Head weapon with... then Donoph runs circles around H.R. PuffnStuff dancing Maxx Unlimited on the Hyrule Castle Stage of Marvel vs. Capcom. Captain Commando looks on, and Jin shakes his fist.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 24, 2003, 02:44 AM
also pioneer 1 was DESTROYED or some shyt, so like, EVERYONE is dead, except for MAYBE Rico and Flowen, and flowen, that storyline is very half-baked, if anything, it would take place a few years later after inhabiting the planet, maybe 10 years later, with a plot like that, u can turn PSO int a MASSIVE online game, so they could implement jobs, such as peeps to look for photon deposists, like drops and spheres, weapon smiths, with a crucially in depth weapon editor, not just being able 2 change enemy parts, or generate new prerendered parts that u have 2 meet prerequisites for, i mean all out ORIGINAL weapon designing, and scientists od sorts that do some prerendered research of things that are updated in the game based on foundings and discoveries by the players, like new monsters or mutations for samples found by those on expeditions the show signs of undescovered lifeforms that get uploaded into the game as they get discovered and even item developement can be their abilities with extensive testing of the items to see if they work right, or have shortcomins that should be noted, as well as mutations, and then pioneers that go out into ragol to establish new towns and cities and such in selected areas and regions and such, even a zoo keeper would be interesting lol going around ragol looking for creatures to put on exhibit, thats all i have the mental power to think of right now lol

Zolpner
Jul 24, 2003, 02:58 AM

Thats what they told us http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif , maybe Coral was being taken over by something/one, so thats why they had to leave, also the Pioneer ships could only carry aroun 30,000 people each, surely that can't have been the entire population of Coral can it?

dropslash
Jul 24, 2003, 03:03 AM
Mix, that's the funniest thing i've ever read.

Arutha
Jul 24, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-07-24 00:58, Zolpner wrote:

Thats what they told us http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif , maybe Coral was being taken over by something/one, so thats why they had to leave, also the Pioneer ships could only carry aroun 30,000 people each, surely that can't have been the entire population of Coral can it?

1. It tells you in the begining what happened to the planet on something, I forget and
2. Have you seen those ships??? They can fit way more then 30,000. More like 30,000,000. And their was two ships so thats a lot of people.

_brainchild
Jul 24, 2003, 03:55 PM
In response to Blackwaltz-R's statement:

I like that idea so much that it's scary. Scary in the way that I'm going to lose any notion of social behavior if I do end up playing it. Like Everquest/EverCrack.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 24, 2003, 06:48 PM
lol yeah, it would b exptremely aaddictive if it had more depth definatly lol

ChokingVictim
Jul 24, 2003, 11:54 PM
didn't the spaceship in PS3 land on earth in one of the multiple endings? it was one of the suckier endings...from a sucky game but i digress.... i could dig out my OG strategy guide i still have from that game and see if it has plot spoilers... as i doubt i could bear sitting through that piece of crap again... and on that survival horror tangent...(combat control problems aside) Fatal Frame kicks ass...

Arutha
Jul 25, 2003, 11:06 AM
It would have so much more depth if you could go somewhere else on Ragol...

DolmolmKing
Jul 25, 2003, 11:41 AM
Thats what they told us , maybe Coral was being taken over by something/one, so thats why they had to leave, also the Pioneer ships could only carry aroun 30,000 people each, surely that can't have been the entire population of Coral can it?Pioneer 2 was the MAIN wave of refugees. There must be another wave of refugees after Pioneer 2.

noob-of-fury
Jul 25, 2003, 03:33 PM
Maybe they could take the game a whole step further and create a whole new secenario that has nothing to do with Ragol or Coral. Think with me for a moment on this one. Lets just go along the lines that Ragol does get detonated...
1) The next ship, probably Pioneer3 hears of this and decides that the best way to survive is to seek refuge elsewhere.
2) They make their way to a planet that is uninhabited by other humanoid species and decide to settle there.
3) Unknown to the colonists someone on the original crew of this vessel has was possesed by the Profound Darkness and led them there.
4) The colonies start to run out of resources so they send out teams to excavate the local caves and mountains.
5) Reports come back of findings of mysterious relics and sightings of strange things inside the caves.
6) A ranting nut babbles about the Profound Darkness being housed here for millenia and that it is going to be released by the new government... they have him killed.
7) Scientists decide that they should study the relics and they end up unlocking them through a series of events.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif The Profound Darkness reaquires it's body that has been lost to it for countless ages.
9) Demonic creatures start to appear and take people alive or dead all muttering something about a sacrifice.
10) The new hunters guild is formed by the remnants to battle this evil the best that they can.

How's that idea for being though up in around 10 minutes?

Spider
Jul 25, 2003, 05:58 PM
Hey noob-of-fury, it seems you want to play in a time zone before Pioneer 2 arrived.

Anyways, arnt there only a few dark forces or something, does anyone know how many or were they are or anything? Any of you harder core Phantasy Star fans? and what happend to the Algol system?
I think PSO is just going to be a collection of games based on Pioneer 1 and 2, once it goes to something else, then its not really PSO, and all the PSOs would really be the fifth part in the story.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 28, 2003, 03:11 AM
lol dude, PSO is JUST PSO, how can it NOT be? things will just be a bit simpler in eps3 since they swept most of the monsters away, so their wont be much for thousands of Hunters to be doing, so why not sit back and play some black jack? lol