PDA

View Full Version : What is proper FO usage?

TR3NT
Jul 23, 2003, 08:24 PM
Or is it "what are"? Oh well...

Having gotten slightly tired of my RAcast, I decided to make a FOmar just to see how you magic users enjoy the game. I want to play online as soon as I hit 20, but I don't want to be one of those n00b FO's that everyone complains about. So, what things should I keep in mind when playing my FOmar online?

Any help would be appreciated, not just by me, but with the people I play with as well.

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 08:32 PM
Ok, above all else, when you're playing online, if someone starts giving you crap about how you're using your character you tell them: "Kiss my ass" You can add to that or use variations of it as well. In fact, this phrase can help you in a variety of situations!
For instance, if anyone says to you:
-"Hey, you stole my item!"
-"Quit hogging all the exp!"
-"You've a Force, you have to S/D me!"
-"You're a n00b." (or any insult similar to this)
-"Your character is weak."

If you're not satisfied with your results after a few uses, you may stop using this phrase, no worries, no hassle. And this catchy little slogan can be yours for absolutly free! No contract, no money down! Free 30 day trial, cancel anytime!

Kupi
Jul 23, 2003, 08:53 PM
It is typically proper for a Force to keep everyone under the effects of Shifta and Deband, and every enemy affected by Jellen and Zalure. This is less important until Ultimate mode, but it might be a good idea to practice. And if you want to go for a melee Force, make sure you get a weapon with good Hit% on it first. Missing is the chief killer of melee characters, and Forces have a terribly low margin for error.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
Ok,FOmars.

DO NOT MAKE HIM PURE TECH BASED,The FOmar has the most ATP in the Force class not to just look pretty.
They Have Kinda even Mixed stats ,3rd place of the FO's to have lowest MST.They get the Gi spell Boost,A Grants boost and 2x S/D range.

if you want to be destruction happy with magic choose FOnewearl(normal magic boost) or FOnewm(Gi & Ra spell boosts).

In the earlier levels of FOmars use guns and Spells to kill enemies,Then when you have decent HP and DEF try Melee.

Don't listen to people that say "Your a FO and are not ment to melee",Cause I didn't and just look at my FOmar now,He Melee's just as good as a HU class sometimes.Being a pure magic FOmar will make you a n00b.

I guess that would be it from me...Oh yeah,Don't forget to S/D yourself,Jellen when your in trouble.
Best weapon for a FOmar would be a Angry Fist,Great Ata and ATP bonus!(I miss but its not common at all really).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -RickRenziku- on 2003-07-23 18:56 ]</font>

Sham
Jul 23, 2003, 09:09 PM
Other than the things already stated, an easy way to think of it is: how would you like a force to play when you use your RAcast? That should pretty much give all the answers.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 09:13 PM
Can a RAcast cast spells AND S/D itself AND resta AND j/z,Besides just bopping somethnig with a sword until it dies,Or blasting it with guns?

xovinu
Jul 23, 2003, 09:35 PM
Learn enemy technique weaknesses, remember that every force has bonuses to certain spells, and do try to support the other players. People that try to Rafoie or Gizonde EVERYTHING are just wasting TP. Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure all go a long way in Ultimate, and casting resta here and there helps mantain the flow of the game. Support is a big part of playing a force and so is using using your attack techniques provided it's the right one at the moment.

BUT!!! you don't have to take people's crap either. It's not your job to chase people down to cast support spells on them, and if they bitch about you not supporting them enough even when you do make a reasonable effort, then they probably don't deserve your help and I'd suggest leaving the team.

I'm not to sure about the melee comment posted above though. While a FOmar that had his fair share of power mats and has a respectable level of POW on his mag can do very reasonable damage with s/d/j/z, the low HP and ATA still makes it seem like a scary idea. But if you can make it work out, then a force with respectable melee abilities would be a very cool thing indeed.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2003, 11:12 PM
when in ult have a high shifta and deband as well as jellen and zalure and get an eislyon and use those techs and youll be a good force by ur self that is online u should just use gifoie to damage and then let the HUs take care of it

aving21
Jul 23, 2003, 11:20 PM
use jellen makes em weak and you get exp for using it..

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:26 PM
Wow, it seems the Force class has outnumbered the Hunter class

Obscenity
Jul 23, 2003, 11:41 PM
On 2003-07-23 18:54, -RickRenziku- wrote:
Ok,FOmars.

DO NOT MAKE HIM PURE TECH BASED,The FOmar has the most ATP in the Force class not to just look pretty.
They Have Kinda even Mixed stats ,3rd place of the FO's to have lowest MST.They get the Gi spell Boost,A Grants boost and 2x S/D range.

if you want to be destruction happy with magic choose FOnewearl(normal magic boost) or FOnewm(Gi & Ra spell boosts).

Don't listen to people that say "Your a FO and are not ment to melee",Cause I didn't and just look at my FOmar now,He Melee's just as good as a HU class sometimes.Being a pure magic FOmar will make you a n00b.

I don't buy any of that. I picked a force so I could use techniques. If I want to swing a sword, I'll use my HUcaseal. And I picked a FOmar because I didn't like the way the other Forces looked. I don't care about stats. Letting someone else tell you how to play your character will make you a "n00b".

TR3NT
Jul 24, 2003, 12:36 AM
Hey thanks for the advice people. I'll keep that all in mind. Heh. Only 10 levels to go before I try online. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Letting someone else tell you how to play your character will make you a "n00b".

I'm not looking for people to tell me "how to play" a FOmar, I just want to make sure I'm not making an arse of myself. Anyways, a final question before I stop bugging everyone...

Any good mechguns/or guns in general that work well with a FO? This melee FO-thing is little difficult for me (God, I miss my RAcast's defense).

Kent
Jul 24, 2003, 01:50 AM
The FOmar, like the HUnewearl and the RAmarl, were designed as hybrid classes, meaning they can do pretty much anything well. Because of this, it's not your best bet to completely focus on technique usage, but to put a focus on your character's other attacking options as well.

You've got your ATP and ATA for a reason, and if you put them to good use, you can be much more efficient in battle.

Here's what I do with my FOmar, which is very effective: Always keep Shifta and Deband on your allies, and try to tag every monster with at least Zalure (Jellen can be handy at times, but it doesn't get the enemy killed faster in most cases). Have yourself a nice, powerful weapon, something like a Soul Eater or high-powered Saber weapon for low levels, and Grass Assassin Sabers, an Angry Fist, or an Elysion for later levels. For certain bosses, it is better to use techniques on them, like De Rol Le, Dal Ra Lie, Barba Ray, and on Vol Opt/v2's first form, where you can hit many targets at once, so have a high-level Gizonde or Gi/Rafoie for them.

In short, keep your mind open, assess the situation, and decide what course of action is best. A big part of playing a FOmar effectively and efficiently relies in tactical decision making, you'll also want to examine the map to determine the positions of enemies before you go into a room, so you'll know what to do to clean them all out efficiently.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 24, 2003, 02:17 AM
Alright, first of all, as a FO, u have an advantage at the start, u get Foie in the begining. 2 shots own them, and a handgun will be useful when your able to use them, but your techs will ALWAYS be more affective. unless you S/D yourself, cuz a handgun of course will save you some TP, and as you play thru the game, its a no-brainer to not over-look fluids and mates along the way. and whatEVER you do, DONT do ANYTHING with your ATP, only a DUMBAZZ would bother with ATP with a FO, MST is the ONLY important asset, the only other would b DEF.

When you first start you can just go thru the forest, if your feeling bold, or you can do the quests b4 then, cuz you WILL need a Barta technique before then. youll also need 2 b good at avoid getting hit by the dragon, cuz 1 hit and your OWNZED, youd only be around lv 5 when u get to it. youll also NEED to raise your mags MIND of course, raises your MST and your max TP, and dont forget to snatch any wands you find, they also boost your MST. canes and rods will also be good if you dont get your hands on a wand for a while.

while playing, you need to memorize whats weak against what, and if you fight a combo of monsters with controdicting weakness. use a technique that the strongest foe is weak against that ATLEAST does damage to the weaker foe, so that after u kill the stronger foe, you wont have 2 uae as much TP when using the tech its weak against. keep in mind that all the SIMPLE techs are the strongest, normal techs are the mid strongest, and the HARD techs are weak as shyt. the tech youl be using the LEAST if not at ALL is Razonde.

gibarta wont be used that often either, Rabarta may not be as effective, but it has a WAY better range to freeze foes. Gifoie and Foie are your best friends, they will be the most frequently. when and if u get your hands on a Red Merge, a Twinkle star, and a Magical Piece, Mpiece powers up your most useful NORMAL techniques. MAINLY gifoie, combined with a Red merge, it powers up your Gifoie hella, and twinkle star is good cuz it powers up your SIMPLE techs so it boosts foie. it also raises your MST alot higher which also adds damage and a bit more to your max TP of course.

not that these will be that neccasary, its just a crucial combo of items. the ONLY time youll need to use Rafoie is when fighting De Rol Le when its not beside that platform to do Gifoie. the ONLY mats youll NEED to worry about using r DEF mats, DONT use ANY other mats, NOT even MST, cuz MST goes up fast anyway, its best to give mind, and power mats to RAs, and evade mats to HUs. when playing with a group, dont bother trying to kill anything, just weaken with maybe one blast or 2 then just sit back till they slay them all, and ALWAYS S/D and J/Z.

units u will need r def, mind, resists for holy or ALL elements for falz, as WELL as HP units, they will be VERY useful, and scapes r MOST useful for falz. and thats about it that i can think of.

remeber:

-try 2 raise MIND as much as u can on mind, NO power, power is a WASTE.

-wands r BEST for boosting mind

-try 2 make MIND the highest stat on mag, and NOT to raise power AT all

-dont waste TP on the RA except on RAbarta to freeze foes around you or to attack those weak against ice cuz GIbartas range isnt that great at times

-Gizonde is more useful than Razonde, even if your JUST trying 2 get a hit, J/Z is all you need 2 get the exp and a few shots in afterwards with some techs

-GIfoie is WAY more useful that RAfoie, cuz its way stronger, tho its slower, but still more worth it.

-ONLY use DEF mats

-handguns can be useful to finish off foes uve weakend with a tech blast, and also ones that steal TP

-ALWAYS S/D it benefits u just as much, even if peeps r azzholes, just tell them to stfu

-ALWAYS J/Z

-get mind, def, HP, and holy/super resist units, you will need 2 alternate between all these later, ESPECIALLY at falz

-Carry on the legacy of F0WN463!!!

Shimarisu
Jul 24, 2003, 09:32 AM
The only advice I have to give is...

Do not listen to a SINGLE word the person above said.

- Shimarisu (No ATA? On a FOMAR???)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shimarisu on 2003-07-24 07:45 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Jul 24, 2003, 09:44 AM
OK, their advice on techs was sound, but as to the other stuff... jesus.

Some REAL advice on a FOmar.

Use the guide to maxing your stats. This says you have to use 100 or so pow mats. This is INSANELY useful and will make your attack throughout the game almost as good as a HU's.

Use 30-40 mind mats. They are rare, so don't worry about finding a ton of them. Mind on your mag is best. Forget the DEF mats, or just use a few. Use HP mats instead - your DEF stats will max out eventually on their own. If you follow this person's advice and use def only, this will WRECK your FOmar. Trust me. You have RESTA, so you can cure yourself anyway. Higher HP will mean you can take the hits.
You probably won't need to boost your TP either, it's high enough anyway.

Use a mag with Dex on it. You NEED the ATA if you want to be able to hit anything. The best route is mix and match - use a mind mag with 45-50 Dex and a Pow mag with same. I can tell you want to hit stuff, so here are some good weaps:

Red Saber - it has ATA boost, so you can even hit stuff in ULT

Geist/Charge Vulcans - Better than L+Ks, good guns for a FOmar.

Double Saber - Extremely useful for TP leech.

Hildebear Cane/Hildeblue Cane/Elysion

Good weaps which shoot techs. The former boost your MST too.

- Shimarisu

Artemidorus
Jul 24, 2003, 09:47 AM
On 2003-07-24 07:32, Shimarisu wrote:

- Shimarisu (No ATP? On a FOMAR???)

Totally agreed. (black lady bitch-mode) I'd say Blackwaltz-R has no earthly clue as to how to raise a REAL Fomar!
Anyways, My friend is like the greatest FOmar ever! And seeing how he does everything, I've got this to say...

The Double sword is absolutely excellent. I also recommend a gun here and there. But anyways, as many people have been saying, the FOmar is the melee god of the forces. SO TREAT HIM THAT WAY! There is a divinely totally awesome-ular guide on GameFAQS.com under PSO labeled 'Max Stats Guide' That will show you what your mag and materials should be. Of course, you can change the guide to your own liking.
I think thats all... So ... Enjoy your FOmar~yay!

s.TiNgEr
Jul 24, 2003, 10:44 AM
Yeah. You have to have some ATP on a Fomar

happyalloy
Jul 24, 2003, 10:50 AM
Based on my few experiements with my own FOmar, and watching other people's FOmars, here is my advice:

-Support your team with techs, hurt enemies with weps. That saves your meager TP (relative to other FOs) for support spells. (The only exception is for enemies and bosses that are easier to damage with techs than weps, such as Falz on Ult and VolOpt part 1)

-Split support duties with other FOs in the room. It saves your TP (again), plus it means 2 people are watching to make sure the team is covered)

The only things that will annoy people about melee FOmars are:
-Forgetting to use support techs
-Using the same tech over and over without regard to enemy weakness

Have fun with your FOmar; I'm having lots of fun with mine! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 24, 2003, 06:55 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shimarisu on 2003-07-24 07:45 ]</font>

i said nothing about ATA, tho its not that important anyway, itll b one of the stats that maxes out on its own, since techs DONT need ATA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i bet u raise really shytty FOs lol and get ownzed ALOT for trying to confront enemies on ULT with melee weps lmao, man thatd be idiotic to do. my FOs would definatly own you in R1 BA.*nods*

Wufei
Jul 24, 2003, 09:08 PM
i said nothing about ATA, tho its not that important anyway, itll b one of the stats that maxes out on its own, since techs DONT need ATA i bet u raise really shytty FOs lol and get ownzed ALOT for trying to confront enemies on ULT with melee weps lmao, man thatd be idiotic to do. my FOs would definatly own you in R1 BA.*nods*
It's a FOmar. Melee is what FOmars do. If someone wants to only cast spells, they would pick a FOnewm or FOnewearl. What you're suggesting is about as rediculous as asking the FOmar to ignore techniques and only use weapons. FOmars are mixed.

Blade21
Jul 24, 2003, 09:18 PM
That's true, A FOmar is not a solid spell character. Their mixed and if you wanted a spell character pick another character. . .It's funny you even tried to defend yourself. . .hehehe

monkeyfist
Jul 24, 2003, 09:32 PM
just cuz you're a force does not mean you have to babysit everybody else. you paid for the game, you paid for the hl, you paid for the bba/xbl. SO PLAY THE GAME HOW YOU WANT!!! FOmars can stand up for themselves in a fight. let FOmarls and FOnewearls be the support forces. FOnewms are if you want to be all attack techs. whatever you do, have fun!!!

-RickRenziku-
Jul 24, 2003, 09:42 PM
On 2003-07-24 16:55, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

i said nothing about ATA, tho its not that important anyway, itll b one of the stats that maxes out on its own, since techs DONT need ATA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i bet u raise really shytty FOs lol and get ownzed ALOT for trying to confront enemies on ULT with melee weps lmao, man thatd be idiotic to do. my FOs would definatly own you in R1 BA.*nods*

I feel like hitting you with a metal pipe for saying THAT!In ULT Ruins my FOmar is level 123,With all his equipment and Proper S/D/J/Z he can hit near 200-600 damage in one hit and take very little damage from non-beam attacks. >_>

ChokingVictim
Jul 24, 2003, 10:23 PM
if you are ever going to use a wand on a fomar... it's all about the magical piece... in most levels gifoie and gizonde will be godsend for tech damage...

gibarta is the one gi- spell i don't much care for, sure gifoie and gibarta are equally slow.. but gifoie doesn't need to be targeted... i still prefer barta and rabarta situationally... speaking for ultimate only here weapons for a fomar, or prolly any fo really but my experience is limited to an xbox 300 hour fomar and a 200 hour v.2 fomarl...it's all about the hit percent...most weapons aren't gonna do jack without a mag devoting at least 40 or 50 to dex and maybe a god/arm on top of that, unless you can nab a high hit anything..elsyion, red saber, soul eater, red handgun, charge mechs (although kinda expensive for a force already) huge plantain fan isn't too bad, and good % rainbow batons can be great in boss fights.......
of course should you be a melee force in ultimate you're should really only have one extra spot open for spells if you're being smart and j/z'ing and that's assuming you don't have the special on the weapon up....

but then this may all be nullified if your group is just doing way too much damage (140s generally and up) for you to make so much as a dent...

make a few mags, a mind mag, a melee mag, and a balanced mag....ep 1 is very tech friendly, whereas places like VR spaceship generally suck when it comes to magic...

experience and experimenting to what works for you is ultimately the best way to go... everyone has their fave weapon types and styles of game play... one of the great things about being a force is that later on high level shifta/deband/jellen/zalure keep your error of margin pretty wide and you can afford to screw around with weapons and playing techniques to suit group dynamics and your own style of play

you start using j/z in 90% of groups and believe me you'll never be called 'noob'- you keep s/d up when it runs out- you won't get called noob... don't be a resta whore for everyone but do make exceptions...

play up to ultimate without twinking and you'll most likely get it down just by experience...

-RickRenziku-
Jul 24, 2003, 10:43 PM
My equipment boosted my FOmars ATA to over 225

-Mag with 64 DEX
-Angry Fist (Think it is one of the BEST weapons to use for FOmar becuase its high ATP and ATA)
-1 God/Arm

Right now he's level 123.

To have good stats in everything,For a Mag try and devide it up to 61-2-3-4's for Dex,Pow and Mind,and about 20 DEF cause deband covers it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -RickRenziku- on 2003-07-24 20:43 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Jul 24, 2003, 10:58 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

My god, you're a sanctimonious irritating little git, aren't you?

Also completely clueless about FOmars. Like I say, my lvl 117 FOmar can do 500+damage on ULT Ruins using melee. And hits 95% of the time too.

- Shimarisu

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 25, 2003, 12:27 AM
y the fukk would you want 2 make the weakest fukking melee char in the game? hwo here is the idiot? obviously not me, they gave them those attributes so that theyarent just cookie cutter foes that just look diffrent, who gives a shyt if he attacks faster, hes still WEAK SAUCE, u can work on those other stats after u max MST, hes a fukking FO, NOT a HU, dont tell ME how to raise a FO, regardless if his type, get a FOmar to ULT mode at lv 48 in 3 days then come talk 2 me about raising a ANY FO, I OWN F0WN463, actually i own ALL chars, i can get all my chars to ULT b4 lv 50 in 3 days*2 if i dont get bored so much), cause i have the game mechanics down, enemy attack speed and range down for better menuvering when evading attacks, im HELLA resourceful, i find a bunch of average weps under 8 stars ALOT more useful than weps with 9+ stars, I OWN PSO, ESPECIALLY leveling a FO, id like to see ANY of you get a FO into ULT mode bothering ATP UNDER lv 50 and in ATLEAST 3 days, THEN you can nay-say, otherwise, you can stfu, cuz you suck, and i ownz you, apparently NONE of you have the capacity to rival me, otherwise you would just say,"man, theirs nothing wrong with making a SHYTTY FO, i mean, he has fast attacks, so u might as well put that to use, most people that have common sense will say that thats the stupidest thing u can do, but oh well, its my prob if I like to prove that FOmars ARE weak sauce, other than make them SUPER WICKED PEST SWEEPERS, and making my mind strong enough to boost the defense and attack strength of my alies ALOT more than it WOULD be if i didnt raise my HU/FOmar like a douche, and the same goes for when i want to weaken the enemies, i dont think its important to make them as weak as possible so that my allies dont have a hard time, i like to TRY 2 fight along side them, even if FOmars WERE as strong as HUmars, it wouldnt make much of a diffrence cuz i wont get anymore EXP than i usually would since my allies will destroy MOST of them, tho i might get the last hit on maybe 1 or 2 of them and get a DROP more EXP, oh no, that would make TOO much sense if i didnt raise a FO like a noob, i like to show how inexperienced i am at raising FOs, i cant help it, im just a lame-o, its not my fault, im just very close-minded and like to do things the way that people like me like to do things, HALF-AZZED, tho i COULD just bother with the ATP LATER but no, i like to make a weak azz FO from the start so that it isnt TOO convenient for me, no siree, i just LOVE using grituitist FO strategies just for the heck of it" ur methods r just repugnant... ESPECIALLY that LOSER that sais MELEE is what FOMARS DO, thats a fukking oximoron you MORON, FO and MELEE do NOT go in the same sentence u froot, who gives a shyt if they have fast attack? the ONLY time that would REALLY matter is in BA, thats ACTAULLY WHY they have that shyt in the first place, or they truly WOULD be WEAK SAUCE u dumbazzes, its a SHYTTY attempt 2 give them an edge in BA, DUH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2003-07-24 22:32 ]</font>

ChokingVictim
Jul 25, 2003, 12:42 AM
yikes, y'know i'm not much to talk when it comes to punctuation but i would like to think my over-zealous use of periods serves to seperate my ideas from each other... yeah just like that... oh there goes another set...

that last post just made my eyes bleed trying to read it

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 25, 2003, 12:58 AM
you i went kinda crazy, had alot to say, too much to care about puntuation, its worse when i speak, i talk before imthink out an intire sentence cuz in my head im on the next paragraph but verbally im still on the first sentence lol
>.>
<.<

Milky
Jul 25, 2003, 05:41 AM
"hwo here is the idiot?"

I think you answered that one nicely.
(what's that smell?)

People probably melee with a Fomar because it's fun, which is what it's all about. Personally, I melee with mine because he does more damage that way than he does with most techs, it's fun, and through the miracle that is a double saber, I dont have to buy millions offluids, leaving me more money to spend on other stuff, like armour and mag food.
He's only little still, about 40 I think, and his techs ARE kinda low levels, havent got a stash of disks, just using what I find, but melee is just more fun anyway.
Anyone who played much D2 will know that hybrids tend to be more powerful/adaptable/fun than a "straight" class. Hybrid barbs rule!
Completely lost my train of thought, that'll do for now.

Shimarisu
Jul 25, 2003, 07:18 AM
On 2003-07-24 22:27, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
y the fukk would you want 2 make the weakest fukking melee char in the game? hwo here is the idiot? obviously not me, they gave them those attributes so that theyarent just cookie cutter foes that just look diffrent, who gives a shyt if he attacks faster, hes still WEAK SAUCE, u can work on those other stats after u max MST, hes a fukking FO, NOT a HU, dont tell ME how to raise a FO, regardless if his type, get a FOmar to ULT mode at lv 48 in 3 days then come talk 2 me about raising a ANY FO, I OWN F0WN463, actually i own ALL chars, i can get all my chars to ULT b4 lv 50 in 3 days*2 if i dont get bored so much), cause i have the game mechanics down, enemy attack speed and range down for better menuvering when evading attacks, im HELLA resourceful, i find a bunch of average weps under 8 stars ALOT more useful than weps with 9+ stars, I OWN PSO, ESPECIALLY leveling a FO, id like to see ANY of you get a FO into ULT mode bothering ATP UNDER lv 50 and in ATLEAST 3 days, THEN you can nay-say, otherwise, you can stfu, cuz you suck, and i ownz you, apparently NONE of you have the capacity to rival me, otherwise you would just say,"man, theirs nothing wrong with making a SHYTTY FO, i mean, he has fast attacks, so u might as well put that to use, most people that have common sense will say that thats the stupidest thing u can do, but oh well, its my prob if I like to prove that FOmars ARE weak sauce, other than make them SUPER WICKED PEST SWEEPERS, and making my mind strong enough to boost the defense and attack strength of my alies ALOT more than it WOULD be if i didnt raise my HU/FOmar like a douche, and the same goes for when i want to weaken the enemies, i dont think its important to make them as weak as possible so that my allies dont have a hard time, i like to TRY 2 fight along side them, even if FOmars WERE as strong as HUmars, it wouldnt make much of a diffrence cuz i wont get anymore EXP than i usually would since my allies will destroy MOST of them, tho i might get the last hit on maybe 1 or 2 of them and get a DROP more EXP, oh no, that would make TOO much sense if i didnt raise a FO like a noob, i like to show how inexperienced i am at raising FOs, i cant help it, im just a lame-o, its not my fault, im just very close-minded and like to do things the way that people like me like to do things, HALF-AZZED, tho i COULD just bother with the ATP LATER but no, i like to make a weak azz FO from the start so that it isnt TOO convenient for me, no siree, i just LOVE using grituitist FO strategies just for the heck of it" ur methods r just repugnant... ESPECIALLY that LOSER that sais MELEE is what FOMARS DO, thats a fukking oximoron you MORON, FO and MELEE do NOT go in the same sentence u froot, who gives a shyt if they have fast attack? the ONLY time that would REALLY matter is in BA, thats ACTAULLY WHY they have that shyt in the first place, or they truly WOULD be WEAK SAUCE u dumbazzes, its a SHYTTY attempt 2 give them an edge in BA, DUH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2003-07-24 22:32 ]</font>

Like I say, and I will reiterate, you are a sanctimonious irritating little git.

- Shimarisu

_Sinue_
Jul 26, 2003, 01:04 AM
Blackwaltz, when you can make a lvl 120 FOnewearl do 3,000 dmg per combo, in Ultimate no less, without tweaked items or dupes - then come back and tell me Melee FO's suck.

Granted, my FOnewearl will never be as powerful as a HUnter - however she is very good at what she does. Dispatching enemies. Weither it be through using techs or using weapons. Offline (where I do my rare hunting) she owns everything, including Ult Seabed. Online, she does have to rely on HUs and RAs to kick in the additional damage, but is fully capable of dealing out her own brand of vicious fury and support techs to help get the job done.

Granted, it's harder to play her than my HU, but it's also by far more interesting and intense. I wouldn't choose any other character over her. She keeps the game alive for me.

Reenee
Jul 26, 2003, 01:12 AM
As a cautious FO user, lemme say:

Use the right technique, on the right enemy, with the right technique of that series of techniques.

And don't waste your TP. Please, it's unorthodox to use Rafoie in Normal mode Ruins if you're doing things legitimately. You're going to clean out your Meseta.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 28, 2003, 03:00 AM
peh, hybrids r so lame, I raise chars 2 specialize at their strengths, that way the equipment made FOR them SON'T go to WASTE, giving FOs pride to their OWN right, NOT by trying 2 become part HUMAR, thats SO fukking lame, FOs should be FOs, otherwise their JUST weak azz HUs thta have higher MIND that do S/D and J/Z, it may be smart BUT, they're sell-outs, but once all your stats max, it wont matter, cuz I planned on having My FO/FOs sport Soul Eater

The methods I use for FOs are to gather weps for my weaker/future RAs and HUs, I bet all u hybrid users waste your FO weps by tossing them or trading them off, but, "oh no, my FO is sporting a double bladed wep, oh well, I'll see if i can get a better HU wep for my FORCE," thats so grituitist, that takes away from the pride of being a FO, emulating HUs, Id ralk diffrent IF HUS and RAs could emulate FOs, but u know what, NOTHING would be LAMER than a HU-force, or a
RA-force

RAmarls, and HUnewearls may be close to doing so, but NOT near enough to prove any points for those who would mention them, anyways, how would any of you feel about HU-forces or RA-forces? sounds repugnant doesnt it? well you CANT feel that way about them and NOT feel that way about FO-hunters, then their isnt ANY point in having classes at ALL, every char should be given EXTREMELY similiar stats, wouldnt that be fun? oh i bet it would be for u hybrids out their

for those of you who r thinking "hey! if anything, holding them to YOUR way of leveling would show LESS pride for FOs who dont NEED to only use techs, and want to get out of that way of thinking for FOs!"
you can do that LATER, no matter which path u take, all your stats will max the same, and we'll all end up using HU weps by then, so theirs no point in doing all that TILL then, raise chars to their class related strenghts, no need to jump the gun early in the game, its INEVITABLE for all chars to use HU weps.

_Sinue_
Jul 28, 2003, 05:37 AM
As a matter of fact, my HUmar does play a bit of a FO role. Similar to my FOnewearl, he has Jellen/Zelure on shortcut - as well as resta and RAbarta. Other useful techs are placed at the top and bottom of my quick select menu for easy access. GiZonde is great for knocking groups of Canadines out of the air and put them within range of my Oriagito. Too many HUmars forget their techs.. and though they aren't as useful as FO techs, they are meant to be there for strategic use rather than pure offence. Similar to how my FOnewearl is first, and formost, a FO.. and a Melee character secondary.

Personally, I've always prefered to cover a weakness rather than exploit a strength. It makes for much more independant characters who are extremely versitile and can switch between roles when they need to. As I like to say - it doesn't matter how you play your character, provided you play them well.

You talk about "Fo Pride".. well I have pride in my Melee FOnewearl. It's an increadible experience to go into a game with people who have never seen such a character before start dogging me and calling me stupid for not playing her right - and then by the end of them game have them spamming me with their guild cards because they need more people like that in their teams.

AndyPandy
Jul 28, 2003, 06:45 AM
Ok, lets make this simple....this is what you do when your a Force.

1.Cast S/D for your team mates.
2.Cast J/Z for your team mates.
3.Do what the hell you like until its wears off.
4.When it wears off, go to step 1

Easy eh.

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 07:00 AM
You play the game as you like it.

In a team, it's better to boost everyone's abilities and support the group. After all, it is a team.

You play solo? Then do whatever you want. Burn TPs, go in for melee, or shoot everything from afar, that's your choice.

Shimarisu
Jul 28, 2003, 08:43 AM
On 2003-07-28 01:00, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
peh, hybrids r so lame, I raise chars 2 specialize at their strengths, that way the equipment made FOR them SON'T go to WASTE, giving FOs pride to their OWN right, NOT by trying 2 become part HUMAR, thats SO fukking lame, FOs should be FOs, otherwise their JUST weak azz HUs thta have higher MIND that do S/D and J/Z, it may be smart BUT, they're sell-outs, but once all your stats max, it wont matter, cuz I planned on having My FO/FOs sport Soul Eater

You suck. *points and laughs at the button masher*.

Is it fun standing in a corner cheesing the room by hitting a few buttons? No dodging? No fending off attacks for other players? No strategic use of weaps with attributes? Is it good casting S/D/J/Z and not being able to benefit from it? You just carry on standing in the corner sucking your thumb and cheesing the room. (Waves at the coward in the corner).

FO newmans are the easiest characters in the game. Period. The only challenge involved is getting past DF so you can get up to the next difficulty - and that's hardly a challenge if you've got God HP units.
Even a dupey HUmar has to run into battle.
I have a FOnewearl and let me tell you, she makes the game too easy. I play mainly offline with her because most people online tick me off and I don't like to support people who tick me off (ALL SHE IS GOOD FOR) if I'm not going to benefit from it myself. I'll only play as her with people I know who don't yell "S/D/J/Z PLZ!" while I'm surrounded by monsters who are knocking me down.

Insult my chara and I'll insult yours. Except I bothered to make that char before I made my decision.
All my FOne is for is cheesing the game through every difficulty so I can pipe for stuff for all my characters. All she can do online is support then cheese - no challenge whatsoever. She's Yellowboze so I use her as a good source of weaps for every class. And no, I don't throw away weaps, are you soft in the head?

Oh and by the way. Please refrain from the use of idiotic net slang. People might take you a little more seriously.

- Shimarisu (When's the FO pride march, BTW?)

satoshi1
Jul 28, 2003, 10:51 AM
The methods I use for FOs are to gather weps for my weaker/future RAs and HUs, I bet all u hybrid users waste your FO weps by tossing them or trading them off, but, "oh no, my FO is sporting a double bladed wep, oh well, I'll see if i can get a better HU wep for my FORCE," thats so grituitist, that takes away from the pride of being a FO, emulating HUs, Id ralk diffrent IF HUS and RAs could emulate FOs, but u know what, NOTHING would be LAMER than a HU-force, or a
RA-force

Wasting FO weaps? No, I keep my FO weaps, just in case I need them, or I could always trade them. Hybrid Characters? I don't see anything wrong with that... Just take a look at all three of my characters, I use spells a lot on my RAmar and HUmar, and I use physical attacks a lot on my FOmar.

As for how to play as a FO (as was the original topic of this thread), do it however you want. If you're a FOmar or a FOmarl, you can attack more often than use techs, but if you're a FOnewm or a FOnewearl, it'll work better if you just "cheese" the room (interesting term..). When people ask for s/d/j/z, be considerate and do it, unless of course they're complete jerks. But only cast if you can do so without getting slaughtered by enemies. There is no "right" way to play a character (just like there's no wrong way to eat a reecees (whoa, bad spelling) peanut butter cup), and this holds true for a FO. If a FO excells in a stat other than magic (ATP in the FOmar's case), then make use of it! If you attack more often with a FOmar or a FOmarl, it'll conserve TP, and you'll do a nice amount of damage too. My FOmar currently does more damage with his double saber than he does with spells. But, i think this was also said earlier, play as you want, these are merely SUGGESTIONS as to how a FOmar can be played.

And with that, I leave you with this:

Id ralk diffrent IF HUS and RAs could emulate FOs, but u know what, NOTHING would be LAMER than a HU-force,

EDIT:

for those of you who r thinking "hey! if anything, holding them to YOUR way of leveling would show LESS pride for FOs who dont NEED to only use techs, and want to get out of that way of thinking for FOs!"
you can do that LATER, no matter which path u take, all your stats will max the same, and we'll all end up using HU weps by then, so theirs no point in doing all that TILL then, raise chars to their class related strenghts, no need to jump the gun early in the game, its INEVITABLE for all chars to use HU weps.

Dumbass (no apologies this time, I'm NOT in a bad mood =P)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-28 10:22 ]</font>

happyalloy
Jul 28, 2003, 02:43 PM
Certain characters are designed to make better hybrids than straightlined character (RAmarl, HUnewearl, FOmar, FOmarl). If you wanna just use techs (as it has been said before) use a FOnew. If you want raw power, use a HU-bot. If you want to be good at everything (and with a little skill, you can be) use a mixed character. It allows you to change modes when one type of fighting is getting boring. It allows you to improvise when you don't have the perfect party (my HUnewearl can do as a FO in an emergency). And above all, it can be a lot of fun devising your own fighting style.

I'd love to see that melee FOnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That is the one class I swore could never pull it off, but I would love to see it happen http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And then try to use it on my own!

A07
Jul 29, 2003, 01:25 AM
i'm a fo, use to be a tech-mashing fomar but i changed into a support-melee.. everyone seems to like it. its stupid, when i tried the techs, they sucked so bad i had to use a trifluid every room, and i wouldnt even kill anything..

also i use a double saber for melee, raygun (lol) 35%hit for ranging (i usually can get a 200/500 hit with it.... good enough i guess.) and king vulcans with 45% hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A07 on 2003-07-28 23:27 ]</font>

Emiko
Jul 29, 2003, 02:36 AM
My first, and formost favorite character (on Ep1&2), is my good ol' FOmar. If you want to see what to do in a FO's position, just try to find a team of FOs. If you want your FO to melee, have your FO melee. If you want to bust in a room, with a good pair of Guns drawn, then do it! Originality is the best. Its boring seeing all the FOs do the same stuff. If you want to be a Tech casting FO, then get a good MIND MAG, A Broom/Hildibear Cane/Hildiblue Cane/Sigh of a God and let the slaughter begin! I carry around A Hildibear Cane, Hildiblue Cane, and a Sigh of a God. That covers all three of the elements, without using TP!
TIP: Use J/Z on the enemies to get Exp without the hassle.

PS: DONT let HUs and RAs Push you around. If your fighting like a HU, then they should treat you like that! If your blasting the 'shizzle-nits' out of everything, Then they should treat you like a RA. In either case use S/D On yourself, and if it gets your team too then you hit two birds with one stone.

MORAL = BE ORIGINAL!