PDA

View Full Version : XB-Item: Snow Queen...what's the deal?

Turbodog
Jul 23, 2003, 08:25 PM
Help me out here. I have a Snow Queen max grinded. I don't understand why this weapon is so good or even any better than the Frozen Shooter. It doesn't combo and it's not that much more powerful than the Frozen Shooter. I also find it to be less accurate. Other than firing a sweet looking blast what the hell is the point of this thing?

Elusive_Llama
Jul 23, 2003, 08:59 PM
Ah, well, the Frozen Shooter vs Snow Queen debate is one of my pet peeves, mainly because alot of people who use the Frozen Shooter don't have a Snow Queen and yet they have the nerve to talk about how terrible the Snow Queen is.

See, first you need very high ATA on your Ranger. Ramar and Ramarl are best suited to using Snow Queen, but the other Rangers can make it work too. Then you will probably want a Snow Queen with at least 15% hit or more.

All this ATA will reduce the likelihood of you missing with the special attack. Once you have ATA that breaks past 300 with the gun equipped, only then does the Snow Queen really shine. It doesn't combo and it has a higher chance of missing, but if you can only overcome the ATA problem, you've got yourself a weapon that can freeze a whole group of monsters in one or two shots.

A Frozen Shooter would require numerous special attacks just to freeze 4 or more monsters. If you line them up right, a Snow Queen will freeze all 4 of them without a fuss. This is extremely useful when you are being swarmed, or you spot a dangerous monster hiding behind a wall of other lesser monsters (ie. Indi Belra hiding behind 4 Arlans).

So, basically, you just need plenty of ATA and a bit of practice with the Snow Queen. It's really a weapon for high-level Rangers, or those Rangers who have the ATA to compensate.

excecutor
Jul 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
poor me being offline, ive got a frozen shooter with 35 hit too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: excecutor on 2003-07-23 19:06 ]</font>

Starkmaster
Jul 23, 2003, 09:58 PM
well if it is a little stronger than the frozen shooter and only hits once, then just use the frozen shooter. nobody is telling you to use it. oh, and XBOX SUCKS!!!

Elusive_Llama
Jul 23, 2003, 10:05 PM
well if it is a little stronger than the frozen shooter and only hits once, then just use the frozen shooter.

This is exactly what I was talking about :/

Richard
Jul 24, 2003, 01:51 AM
I think Elusive_Llama said it best in another topic:

Elusive_Llama wrote:
This is why I'm surprised when people say that they prefer their Frozen Shooter over a Snow Queen simply because they can combo and keep shooting after the target is frozen. Here's the thing...why use the Frozen Shooter's normal fire when you can switch out to Charge Vulcans and drop a hard-special-special combo on your helpless target? 0_o;

I only got one thing to say...

WORD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-07-23 23:52 ]</font>