PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed...

HunterKieran
Jul 23, 2003, 09:56 PM
...that some parents allow their eight-year-olds to stay up in the wee hours of the morning playing PSO? I was up at 1am (west coast) one time and there was this kid, couldn't be any younger than ten, in the game I was playing. His char's name was Spencer or something. Me and the other two guys (who were either about my age or older) were trying to get him out because 1)he was a newb and 2)he was starting to get irritating.

Who else other than me has noticed that at least one time during your PSO gameplay, there is a young kid either on the ship you're on waiting for a game, or in the game you're playing?

St_Botchua
Jul 23, 2003, 10:29 PM
yeah man parental control of children is way down i was playin with a twelve year old at about 2 in the mornin

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 10:31 PM
I'm 13 and I can stay up as late as I want. Of course, I just stay home the next day and sleep. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Micah
Jul 23, 2003, 10:53 PM
i sleep when i want.. usually at daytime.. im a night vulture... though im nearly 17

aving21
Jul 23, 2003, 11:33 PM
yeah but half the time the 3 year olds are 25 year gay horny guys tryin to get some late night lovin for free items...and little kids always beg why?????? ive played with one pretty cool little kid though

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:36 PM
Hmm... well I'm thirteen, and I'm repying to this post on my personal computer at 12:35 am (eastern time) I have a bad cold right now too.

Dime
Jul 23, 2003, 11:38 PM
When I was 13 I used to stay up late, and look how I turned out!

aving21
Jul 23, 2003, 11:41 PM
i can only see artificial light thanks to my slaved hours in front of pso...maybe i should suit

TangledWeb3917
Jul 23, 2003, 11:44 PM
when i was a kid my mom wouldnt let me play video games caz theyre "evil" yeah ... she was crazy ... but now im 19 and im out of the house and play whatever i want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And yeah ive played with some really anoying kids, they just dont know when to shut up ... but on the other hand i have met one kid that i actually like to play with ... so i guess theres some hope for you young foke yet

Blade21
Jul 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
damn u can see light?! I can only make out the color orange. . . . . and someone answer that god damned phone!

lordinviso
Jul 24, 2003, 12:16 AM
Im 15. What is sleep?

Night_Star
Jul 24, 2003, 01:19 AM
sleep is overrated!
im 18, i still live at home, and my mom doesnt care when i get up or go to sleep http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
ive been like this for 2 years now!

Mixfortune
Jul 24, 2003, 01:21 AM
I'm wondering how you can tell what time of the day it is over on their end...unless you ask them...

Vanango
Jul 24, 2003, 01:25 AM
maybe he was in Hawaii or Alaska, 2 hours early than PST

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vanango on 2003-07-23 23:26 ]</font>

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 24, 2003, 01:29 AM
Sleep? what is this Sleep you are talking about.

I am almost 16 and i am not online. I play till like 5 in the morning. Starting at around 2.

So i couldn't care less about the age of people. I have a friend that is 11 thats really good at pso. He has been playing 100 hrs less thanme and he is only 16 levels down. i am 122 an he is 106.

Some kids have great skills.

Naagata_Clan
Jul 24, 2003, 01:48 PM
I'm 20 and sleep is just that thing my stupid body needs to do about 4-5 hours a day. Anyways, as far as the little kids go, it just shows you how responsible parents are. I'll bet these are the same kinds of parents that would by Grand Theft Auto for their little 6 year old child. It's just a good show of how much parenting has degraded, and why little kids aren't active anymore... because why play outside when you can interact with hundreds of people online, right?

Blade21
Jul 24, 2003, 02:03 PM
Im about to turn 16 and sleep is the ultimate enemy if you ask me. In PSO, those who conquer it are at the top, and those who submit to it are weak.

HunterKieran
Jul 26, 2003, 07:24 AM
I'm 16, and as of this moment I have been up since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. At some point in my morning - usually about 8 or 9 in the morning - my brain completely shuts down and I sort of sleepwalk to my bedroom. *shrug* Though I try to play PSO as much as possible.

The reason I bring this up is that while not all of PSO's younger generations - the 10-11-12 year olds - are complete lunatic morons (or horny gay men acting like the complete lunatic morons, as someone here observed earlier...nothing against gays, just against the stupid ones), many of them on PSO, at least in MY hearing, have been complete fuckin' imbeciles.

How anyone else sees that is up to them.