PDA

View Full Version : FOmarls vs FOmars. who wins? :p

magenta
Jul 24, 2003, 12:14 PM
state their advantages and disadvantages.
against monsters
against other chars
against eachother http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fight!

ryomakuriyami
Jul 24, 2003, 12:46 PM
against monsters: I think FOmarls are better at melee fighting because of their potency with weapons (which is good as far as Forces go). Also, Grants is one of the best spells if you're fighting one really tough monster, and FOmarls get a boost there. FOmars, however, are better at attack spells in general and can cast faster, if I'm not mistaken.

against other chars: FOmarls are there to help other characters, so FOmar gets an easy win. Then again, there's that Grants thing again...

against eachother: If FOmarl got in close and started using a weapon, she would most likely make quick work of the FOmar.

In any case, I personally prefer playing as a FOmarl, though playing as a FOmar does present a bit of a unique and entertaining challenge. They're both good characters overall.

NeiLast
Jul 24, 2003, 12:50 PM
Online large party vs monsters:
Fomarl. Best support force. Best Grants.

Online small party vs monsters:

Toss up, depending on whether there is antoher force or not. Other force or no Hunters: FOMar: more damage, still decent support, better attach techs other than grants. Can substitute ok for a hunter (enemmy attractor/distractor) with a ranger or force for backup and the right equipment.
Small party with other member an android hunter: FOMarl. Better support... support the android better and kills come in fastest.

Single Player Offline: FOMar. More damage tech and melee wise. Can melee well with good hit% weapons and a power mag. FOmarl not as good but certainly not too bad either but techs are weaker.
Close call but FOmar.

Vs other players.... well grants is more powerful on the FOmarl, and that kills everyone else...

Vs each other: don't know but I'd guess they're an even match, one does more damage, the other has more defense. Tech wise its a wash mostly for pvp.

monkeyfist
Jul 24, 2003, 01:02 PM
i love playing offline multi with my lvl 17 FOmar playing with a lvl 25 FOmar. its so much fun to go into the mines and spam gizonde or go into the forest and spam gifoie.
I was a FOmar because im a hunter at heart and wanted a force that can still whack people when out of TP. there is nothing more satisfying than whacking thing with your walking stick

Edit: i also like how FOmars have 1.3xdamage with gi techs and grants. i don't want to be a support force. i do not want to babysit hunters and rangers. i want to kill anything that gets in the same room as me. don't get me wrong, i'll reverser, but if they're not an android, then they have their own resta

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeyfist on 2003-07-24 11:14 ]</font>

joncushing
Jul 24, 2003, 04:57 PM
against monsters: I think FOmarls are better at melee fighting because of their potency with weapons (which is good as far as Forces go). Also, Grants is one of the best spells if you're fighting one really tough monster, and FOmarls get a boost there. FOmars, however, are better at attack spells in general and can cast faster, if I'm not mistaken.

against eachother: If FOmarl got in close and started using a weapon, she would most likely make quick work of the FOmar.

Wrong! FOmars are much quicker with weapons and at melee-ing

Aphrodite2003
Jul 24, 2003, 05:47 PM
I dont think so. Try usin a twin sword on a male char? They r slow as heck. I even think females twin saber action is faster then males. And I dont see how Fomar can melee anyways without some uber-hit% on their weps. 160 max ATA? What are u gonna hit with that? Fomarls have a max of 170 ATA. It might not seem like a lot more, but beleive me, it is. The benefits of bare-handed casting is great, but thats missing out on tech bonuses from weapons. If u like Fomars, great, they r very fun to play with. I happen to like Fomarls better,my opinion. Have fun.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 24, 2003, 10:30 PM
FOmar: 2x Range for S/D
FOmarl: 2x Range for Deaband

FOmar: Boost for gi-techs.
FOmarl: 2x Range for Anti...

FOmar & FOmarl:Both have a grants boost but FOmarl has the better I think,But just equip Cacudues on your FOmar and you may do as much damage.

FOmar:More MST and ATP
FOmarl:More DEF and HP

FOmar:Faster Caster
FOmarl:Slower caster

FOmar&FOmarl:Faster with some weapons the other isn't at.

FOmar:Fairly good with Support Magic,Better at Melee and attack Magic.
FOmarl:Good with Support Magic,Melee and Fairly Good with attack magic.

FOmar>FOmarl
FOmarl>FOmar

You decide,I don't think I am much accurate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -RickRenziku- on 2003-07-24 20:32 ]</font>

Aphrodite2003
Jul 25, 2003, 10:23 AM
Fomarls do have 2x boost to BOTH, shifta and deband. AS well as having a boost to 2x range Anti and Resta.

Fomars=higher ATP,MST
Fomarls= higher ATA,HP,DEF

PSO_4_LiFe
Jul 25, 2003, 10:31 AM
How about this u make a FOmar on one mem card and a FOmarl on an other, then u play for a while.....20 mins later..... u decide and u delete the character u don't want...c simpile as 1, 2, and 3. lol...

s.TiNgEr
Jul 25, 2003, 10:40 AM
Fomars do have more atp. Depends on how you raised the mag I guess (If they were really fighting)

happyalloy
Jul 25, 2003, 01:00 PM
I love my FOmarls support skills, but my FOmar just seems to move soo much faster. Ever since I've made the FOmar, I've considered my FOmarl to be extremely WAY too slow, even with God/Battle on! Faster casting is nice because then at least I can cast jellen BEFORE I get smacked (that's what I get for being in the middle of the room with the support techs) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif