PDA

View Full Version : Do you dye your hair? And what colour?

jediknight007
Jul 24, 2003, 01:18 PM
Hi, I was wondering how many of you dye your hair on a regular basis and what colour(s) you dye it. I'm dyeing mine brown at the moment and have dyed my hair twice before. I was also wondering why not a lot of guys dye their hair and why it's usually Asian guys such as Japanese and Chinese who usually dye their hair but no-one else seems to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-24 11:19 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Jul 24, 2003, 01:20 PM
Im gonna dye mine Blue.

Allos
Jul 24, 2003, 01:39 PM
I was also wondering why not a lot of guys dye their hair and why it's usually Asian guys such as Japanese and Chinese who usually dye their hair but no-one else seems to.

I don't dye mine because I love my golden blonde lockes (lol) and because dye can hurt your hair in the long run. My guess about Asians dying their hair (no offense of course) is that the majority of Asians have black hair naturally and they want to be more individual.

AUTO_
Jul 24, 2003, 01:55 PM
I've dyed mine red four times, blonde 3 times, black once, and a sort of purple eggplant color once.

Kid_Icarus
Jul 24, 2003, 01:57 PM
I dye mine dark black on a regular basis.

pixelate
Jul 24, 2003, 02:49 PM
Used to dye it black because I was really light blonde, but it's growing in a lot darker now, so I haven't had it all black for a while.

Elvendar
Jul 24, 2003, 03:09 PM
Mine used to be dyed black, now it's just a dark blonde with light blonde highlights n_n;;

Wewt
Jul 24, 2003, 06:17 PM
It was light-blue, then royal blue, then brown, not it's back to the old heat-attracting black.

Vanango
Jul 24, 2003, 07:28 PM
my hair is naturally black.

I started dying my hair when I was 12 and it used to just be redish brown highlights but I wanted more dramatic effects...

so I started bleaching my hair. My normally long silky, shiny, smooth black hair was destroyed and voila, me, a blonde.

I kept that up for a while and dyed it red... which lasted not too long and turned into hot pink... got sick of that dyed it dark purple... it faded and became light purple... so sick of that went blue... faded into lighter blue and then a nasty green.... rebleached my hair and dyed it red again... it faded into orange...

at that point I just got lazy and my roots kept growing out. It looked pretty bad. Now my hair is back to black. I miss dying it but my hair is always falling out at exponential rates. You'd think I'd be bald by now. The only problem is my hair is damaged differently and so after I bleach it and redye it, the dye takes in better in the more damaged parts resulting in some parts being brighter than others. It's actually a neat effect...

So now that I babbled on about my hair and I feel like a ditz I'm going to excuse myself.

*wanders off*

Nai_Calus
Jul 24, 2003, 07:40 PM
My hair is hopeless. It's long, curly and a rather dark shade of brown, though it has golden and reddish-coloured highlights. Throwback to the days when it was straight and golden blonde, I guess. Meh, it used to be kind of pretty, especially the 'straight' part. Someday I'm going, for the hell of it, to get it straightened and then bleach and dye it back to the original colour and see if anyone I know in person actually recognises me. XD Or maybe a lighter, paler shade of blonde, since I always looked odd whenever I wore a light blonde wig for halloweeen.
I should dye it some bizzare shade like lavender or pale green and see if I can't find some of those weird kinds of coloured contacts. Maybe red or white. That would be freaky. XD

SlayerJr
Jul 24, 2003, 08:29 PM
dark purple...

its silverish and was expensive for me to get it.

Elentari
Jul 24, 2003, 09:19 PM
lol a topic i can talk about hair!

ok, so..even though im not a guy i cant turn down an opportunity like this!

I first dyed my hair when i was 13..*sigh* just to draw attention to my natural highlights of course. My hair is naturally dark brown in the winter, but sun exposure in the summer makes it light brown. When i was 14 i had this thing for red hair, so i kept it that way for about...meh 2 years or so. Then i got sick of it.

I took a break from the dyeing mess when i was 16, my poor hair needed a break. But when i turned 17 all hell broke loose. I gave myself purple highlights at first, it was for a school event...hehe powderpuff. Then it eventually morphed into my gorgeous bright pink highlights that i have today. My hair is still brown...so yeah i have to bleach it where its pink. Such a hassle i get a friend to do it.

I'm also a big fan of the hair color in the spray can, lol ya know the stuff people use for halloween. Its just colored hair spray, comes out in one wash. Perfect for when i want to show what little team spirit I have, or when im in the mood for something different. That and it helps me see what a color might look like...its what i used before i dyed my hair purple the first time. When in doubt, destroy the ozone layer with colored hair spray http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SlayerJr
Jul 24, 2003, 09:58 PM
And they let you in school with that?
What I know is that most public schools dont let you dye your hair into any color but a natural human color... I had to wait til now.

I had a friend who did it before he transfered to my school. He was from Japan, and figured in America you can do what you want. They gave him a 6 weeks or he was placed into a different school.

Sazabisan
Jul 24, 2003, 10:11 PM
Hey! I'm Asian and I don't want to dye my hair or anything. Well...anyways, I actually want to grow my hair long tie it in a ponytail o_0; ::runs before he is pelted with fruit::

Ness
Jul 25, 2003, 09:36 AM
My hair sdoesn't look good dyed.

Artemidorus
Jul 25, 2003, 09:44 AM
I'm a Sex God when it comes to my hair! My Haircuts are once every 4 weeks, and every other haircut, i get my bangs highlited to a lovely blonde. The rest of my hair is a Josh Hartnett brown (yum...) and I've gotten a million and two complements on it. yay! This is now one of my favorite topics!

Kizaragu
Jul 25, 2003, 10:41 AM
I tried dyeing my Hair blonde and it came out... GINGER! Oh the horror of it all. I then tried Dyeing it a Blacky Blue the next day and it came out More Blue than black!
Gonna dye it again but this time just Black, Blue suits me but I'm a bit bored of it.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 25, 2003, 10:48 AM
I dont like dying my hair...

Artemidorus
Jul 25, 2003, 08:38 PM
you can only dye it with professionals!! Those terribly over-priced kits don't do shizzo! (for rizzo my nizzo!) ^o^
yay

Bart
Jul 25, 2003, 08:52 PM
I had my hair black once and blonde once dont think that im gonna dye it again.

umbrella
Jul 25, 2003, 09:51 PM
My hair is an unruly sloppy dark brown poof that is perched on top of my head... some birds made some nests in it once.... but I scared them off three weeks later.... once I realized it...

Rotis
Jul 26, 2003, 08:29 AM
For nearly a year, I had blue hair (http://homepage.mac.com/rotis/seattle/day5/fishhat1.jpg). (Yes, that's a giant fish on my head)

But at the end of April, I dyed it back to brown (http://homepage.mac.com/rotis/brown1.jpg) so that I could get a job and whatnot.

I haven't done anything to it since, so now it's turning all these weird colors (http://homepage.mac.com/rotis/haircut2.jpg), and it's even pinkish in some places. My place of employment doesn't seem to mind, oddly enough, but I think I'm going to try to get it all the same color, at least.

Raziel_Kai
Jul 26, 2003, 08:38 AM
Blue for one year and then let all the office have their fun at me (stupid bet) and let it blonde for another year.
Back to black till next fancy...

Obscenity
Jul 26, 2003, 08:47 AM
I don't have any hair.

jediknight007
Jul 27, 2003, 05:47 PM
Hi, everyone! Just been away for a few days and I'm glad to return to so many replies! Well, I tried dyeing mine brown before I went away but after washing my hair an hour later, it was still black! The last time I did it, I left it on for like 4-5 hours and it did come out how I wanted it. I know that it is difficult dyeing black hair but I just wonder why women's hair can be dyed much easier and quicker while I get no change at all! Well, I can see a bit of brown under light but that's about it. I'm gonna try again in a few days and hopefully, something should happen.

FinalMasterM
Jul 27, 2003, 06:50 PM
I dyed my hair green for a couple of days, it was spiked and kinda dark. Then I had to wash it out before starting my job. Curse not being able to have whatever hair color we want.

Blade21
Jul 27, 2003, 07:56 PM
I grew my hair out a little and dyed it silver. It looked wicked cool!! I still have it on. And about school. . .I go to a public high school in Ma. . and they threatened to kick me out but never did. . .http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

velvetglamor
Jul 27, 2003, 09:30 PM
I had a brief run in with dying my hair but I guess I'm just too busy to really keep up with it. It's a blondish brown colour and I decided to go completley blond once (profile pic) and I got sick of it because of the blond jokes so I dyed it red and I really liked it but since I'm going to Italy I just don't want to deal with it over there. So I just went back to my regular colour. All that work and it figures I'd just go back to the original.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 27, 2003, 10:23 PM
I did one inch of my 5 inch hair b4 red... got some good complements... I think I'm gonna do it again this last month of summer...

Blade21
Jul 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
Before I dyed my hair silver I had naturally blond/brown hair. And I wear mine naturally, meaning i didnt put gel or moose or whatever in my hair, so the blond in some pots stuck out so I wanted a solid color. I'm gonna have to find some sort of agreement with my next employer. . . .I get a lot of complements. . .And it attracts attention which I like anyways. . http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tornado216
Jul 28, 2003, 03:20 PM
I've thought about dying my hair red, but I don't think I ever will. I used to bleach it a lot, but now I don't. One time, for Haloween though, I died it half Black and half Orange. It looked pretty nice.

Hulex
Jul 28, 2003, 11:07 PM
I am the king of artificial hair color =P

I have natural wavy red hair. I've done artificial red, hedgehog blue (faded to pale green eventually) and now it's a reddish-blonde.

KradKram
Jul 29, 2003, 07:14 AM
Well actually at the moment my hair is a mass of messy turquoise curls! Hehe I dyed it for a gig a performed at and now its stuck like this for about a month! Oh well!

Shadow777
Jul 29, 2003, 09:54 PM
my hair is naturally blonde. Never dyed it. THink it might be kewl to dye it black or a DARK brown just for a reaction

Enyalis_Cho
Jul 30, 2003, 01:10 AM
I have dark brown hair that I can wear either curly or straight. I bleached out a few locks of it once and dyed them purple. Everyone loved my hair, but it faded out eventually, and I dyed them red. I'm thinking about putting purple ones back in it. Guess it helps that I work in a salon! Everyone there loves experimenting on me with colors and styles, but they know not to take any off the length!

jediknight007
Jul 30, 2003, 04:27 PM
I was gonna dye my hair again today but I couldn't be bothered. I'm just gonna wait until I get my haircut in the next week or so and then dye it at the same time with my cousin. That way, I'm more bothered to dye it and it's more fun anyways. I think I might go for a reddish brown.