PDA

View Full Version : luck and rare item help

Duece
Jul 24, 2003, 01:20 PM
ok here is my prblm, ihave a lv90 RaMar with 33 luck and im on ultimate, the prblm is that i hardly ever find any rare items on ultimate. on very hard i found like 5or 6 amost every lap of a level i did,but on ultimate i have only found like 4 rares and i have been on ultimate for about 2 weeks i have cleared the forest and in the caves right now, i am also a Pinkal i that means anything special. does anyone know what my prblm is?

Bit
Jul 24, 2003, 01:23 PM
For one, Luck has nothing to do with finding rares, the fact that you are Pinkal has everything to do with the rares you find.

Seems your just having bad luck, eh?

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

Click on the section ID you are, and it'll give you a list of rares.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 24, 2003, 01:23 PM
Luck doesn't affect rare drops...other wise one of my chraters woul dbe piling the rares on left and right...and thats not the one that has the slicers up the wazzo.

AxemPunanny
Jul 24, 2003, 01:29 PM
are you playing online or offline. rares tend to pop up more online. But rares drop based on LUCK. No not luck on your char. The luck stat only determines the chance of you getting a critical hit in. The higher your luck (stat), the more critical hits you get or the better chance you get critical hits. As far as real LUCK, that's what it takes to find rare items. You just have to be patient. Those red boxes will drop sooner or later. I've been only playing exclusively offline, and rares don't drop as much as I would like, but oh well, it is offline. I've found plenty, too bad they are mostly repeats and not too great. I remember playing online on the Dreamcast so much, and running into ?special? so much. First time, I went online in a Vhard game, I remember seeing around 20 ?special?s in like 7 rooms. Apparently, the probability of rares have dropped a bit since then (on GCN/Xbox), that rares are more rare to find. If I remember correctly, used to be any monster could drop any rare (on DC), now only certain monster can drop certain things in certain difficulties and in certain areas.