PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Just walk a little further...

Arutha
Jul 24, 2003, 05:43 PM
Ok, I don't get it. Are the people on Pioneer II the blind that they can't see that there is a whole planet out there for them to explore? Why do they have to focus on Dal Re Val island and the Episode I area when they have the whole rest of the planet to explore? The only part of Ragol they actually discovered was the island (why can't we blow down the door on the Central Control Area Tower Thingy, they said it was locked.) and the Forest. everything else is underground. And I don't think the people on Pioneer II would want to live down there... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Solidus_Snake
Jul 24, 2003, 08:00 PM
Yeah these people are obviously extremely unintelligent and yet they can build massive photon based ships?!?!?!?

Arutha
Jul 24, 2003, 08:37 PM
I think they tied up all the really smart people on Coral, took the spaceships that the smart people built, killed the really smart people on Coral so they coul seem smart, then flew away...

well that is my view on things.

One things wrong about this statment though.

They forgot the smartest person their, me and everyone else who has realized they have a whole planet to explore.

RubyEclipse
Jul 24, 2003, 08:41 PM
Well yes they have the whole planet to explore:

But then again, you take the role of a hunter, not an explorer.

You get hired for jobs. And jobs usually take place in areas of high activity. The only interesting stuff pops up at the places they hire hunters at, and thus you go to.

And they won't let civilians down to ragol. Not yet, at least.

Now, it would be nice to be able to relax at an area with no monsters (Pioneer 2 Spa Resort! oooh...), but, until then, the seaside will have to do for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kupi
Jul 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
You have to remember this:

Pioneer 1 exploded (or at least had a weird energy disturbance that removed all signs of human life) for absolutely no reason whatsoever. If you're watching from space and New York City suddenly becomes a crater, are you going to want to hop right down there and clown around, or put civilians down there (even if somewhere else) in the hope that it won't happen again? No, you're going to find out what did it and deal with it before you get anyone else in danger.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 24, 2003, 11:39 PM
You see, here's the real story behind the "Pioneers":

Those on Pioneer 1 and 2 got word that their planet was facing asured destruction. They were told by those staying back on the homeworld that Coral would be attacked by a giant swarm of 12-foot piranha bees...or it would shortly crash into the sun...or inevitably be eaten by an enormous mutant star goat...but that was never really clear. One thing was clear, though. The planet Coral was facing a disaster, so the people would have to be shipped somewhere else.

They loaded all the middle-men in their society on Pioneer 1 and 2, and they let the thinkers, philosphers, and skilled workers stay behind and be loaded on Pioneer 3...or so those on Pioneer 2 were told. They haven't seen Pioneer 3 for many years, but they're confident it's back there somewhere. They think.

So the telephone-cleaners, door-to-door salesmen, telemarketers, hair-dressers, clothing designers, and CEOs were all loaded on Pioneer 1 and 2, and sent off to live on Ragol. Little did they know that their ships were set to self-destruct after they landed, to prevent them from returning to Coral ever again.

So, in a brilliant master plan, the real workers on Coral were able to get rid of the useless 1/3 of their population. However, sadly, all the remaining residents of Coral died a few years later from a virus picked up by an uncleaned telephone.

And *that's* why the people of Pioneer 1 and 2 are so dumb. They couldn't even re-invent the wheel...they couldn't decide what color it should be. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

[/ripping off of Douglas Adams]

-RickRenziku-
Jul 24, 2003, 11:57 PM
..Their NPC's for gods sake,Their only purpose is to repeat the same useless lines when you talk to them,Get in the way and know jack shit.Theyre weak as hell anyways.

Rappy > P2 NPC
:|

RubyEclipse
Jul 25, 2003, 12:01 AM
It's not that their stupid: Like Kupi said, if 40,000 people suddenly dissapear on a planet, are you going to send 40,000 more right in to find them?!

It would be mass chaos if you just let everyone charge down there. People would be looking for family, that one fat, short HUmar would be staking out even more land, and Wal Mart would be selling Honey BBQ Rappy Wings! O.o

TheTrueJanus
Jul 25, 2003, 02:19 AM
The thing I wonder about is those people in the shopping district. DON'T THEY HAVE LIVES?!?! Everytime you go there, there they are. The same people. Walking in the same places. Do they ever go home? No. Do they even freakin eat? Where are the restaurants? Doesn't the principal ever get tired of standing all the time? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?!

AxemPunanny
Jul 25, 2003, 02:46 AM
Geez taking everything too serious. Let the P2 people be.

Some of you wouldn't be that good of an explorer. To be a truly good explorer, you'd not only try to discover as much as you can, but discover things in detail. There still would be so many unanswered questions around and below the Central Dome, and also on Gal Da Val Island. I don't think you'd want to thrust yourself into uncharted/unknown area. Ok, maybe there is some knowledge about the planet, but I doubt the people of P1 really got to discover the whole planet. True, there's a whole planet. How can you expect to explore an entire planet so fast? I don't remember Columbus or any other explorers discovering the entire world within days or months. We are selves haven't even gone beyond the moon (as far as landing on anything outside Earth). It's not like the people from Coral know a whole lot about Ragol. And if they did, then that knowledge is still a mystery to us. Besides, something did go wrong, and we as hunters (guinea pigs sorta speak) were sent down to "investigate" what happened; to check on things before everyone else steps down onto Ragol ground. It's a possibility that we're seen as expendable.

All these mysteries and undiscovered areas, leaves itself to be unlocked and discovered in future PSO installments. I'd rather get to see it all broken down into several PSO games, than have it all discovered in 2-3 games.

And let's not make this another, "Oh it's ST's fault because they didn't open up all this and that. or the way they presented the story isn't enough or it sux." We've already been through that one way or another; so many times.

Arutha
Jul 25, 2003, 11:02 AM
Well, we did find the source of the explosion, and we did find Rico. But I just wish you could tell the Principal about it...

Source of explosion: Falz
Location of Rico: Falz...

AxemPunanny
Jul 25, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-07-25 09:02, Arutha wrote:
Well, we did find the source of the explosion, and we did find Rico. But I just wish you could tell the Principal about it...

Source of explosion: Falz
Location of Rico: Falz...

Sometimes answering the Where? and What? questions isn't enough. For some, answering the Why? or How? questions is their biggest goal, and usually the hardest to answer.

Yes we know why it exploded, it was by DF, or was it? Even if it was, then why/how did it explode? What/Who triggered it? What was the process? Are they really dead (presumably yes)? I guess some of you, are like "who cares, we don't want to bother with all those questions, we just want to move on."

I think the real problem is, the story isn't presented very well. Yes, the principal's objective for us was to find out about the explosion and RRR. You know there's more to it. That's why we say the story is lacking, or rather the presentation of the story is lacking. You know how the government is, there's always other hidden agenda(s). You know how the Government has been hiding info, or preventing certain info from leaking. Not to mention, even the Lab is trying to hide info from the gov't, since the gov't is even restricting the Lab too.

Arutha
Jul 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
Sometimes answering the Where? and What? questions isn't enough. For some, answering the Why? or How? questions is their biggest goal, and usually the hardest to answer.

Yes we know why it exploded, it was by DF, or was it? Even if it was, then why/how did it explode? What/Who triggered it? What was the process? Are they really dead (presumably yes)? I guess some of you, are like "who cares, we don't want to bother with all those questions, we just want to move on."

What/Who triggered it: Pioneer I, they opened the sealed door. The forbidden door.

why/how did it explode: DF created a energy explosion that blew up the people of pioneer I.

guess some of you, are like "who cares, we don't want to bother with all those questions, we just want to move on."

And i do care, I wanna bother with these questions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arutha on 2003-07-25 21:06 ]</font>

Arutha
Jul 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
I think the real problem is, the story isn't presented very well. Yes, the principal's objective for us was to find out about the explosion and RRR. You know there's more to it. That's why we say the story is lacking, or rather the presentation of the story is lacking. You know how the government is, there's always other hidden agenda(s). You know how the Government has been hiding info, or preventing certain info from leaking. Not to mention, even the Lab is trying to hide info from the gov't, since the gov't is even restricting the Lab too.

Yes there was a hidden agenda, thats where episode II comes in...

FLOWEN!

AxemPunanny
Jul 25, 2003, 11:25 PM
Arutha, you do have your facts straight. I'm arguing that, it's all pretty simplistic reasoning. We just know the simple reasons why, who, what, where. Obviously, we know that DF is the cause of the explosion, and P1 helped that cause. I'm saying that there was a process we didn't really see, that shows that entirely. I'm sure the Principal sees it that way. Wouldn't you as the Principal, want to know exactly "everything" that happened? I mean everything. You wanna know where's your daughter, and even have doubts that your daughter is really dead. Anyways, I get the whole gist of the story. When I say, some people don't care, I mean there are people that don't want to bother, and just want to move on, and forget that there is probably more to it than, explosion, boom, DF, P1, RRR. And yes ep2 does expand on that. But even that we don't know the complete answers to that. Hence that's where ep3 comes in. I'm saying there are some people that don't care about that all, and see it as well we did this already, what's next.

Anyhow, you and I are just gonna go on and on about this. So I'm just gonna bury this, since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere for me.

Arutha
Jul 26, 2003, 09:54 AM
But, 1 more thing, isn't ep3 a card game? I don't really know much about it, does it expand on ep1&2? It doesnt seem like it...

Blenjar
Jul 26, 2003, 11:56 AM
Why cant they just land on ragol and kill whatever they see.

Arutha
Jul 26, 2003, 07:26 PM
Because they don't have a big army. They hire hunters to do that sort of things.