PDA

View Full Version : PowerLink Disc

VioletSkye
Jul 24, 2003, 08:27 PM
Well after much speculation and rumor, I can confirm that the Cheat Disc that comes with it DOES have PSO codes. It has one for "always have max HP" and another for "always have max TP." But before the cheater crowd gets too excited, it only works offline. If you try to connect Online it will reset the game which deactivates the codes. It is strange that I received an email from Datel support (after I had inquired about the disc) saying that NO codes for PSO were on the disc and that it was a mistake. Anyway, just thought I would share that since I received my Powerlink today. And for those in the back row who didn't catch it. THE CHEATS DO NOT WORK ONLINE. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reenee
Jul 24, 2003, 08:32 PM
In other words, Infinite HP/TP (boy, Datel sure is stupid with their choice of words).

And what kind of reset are we talking about?

VioletSkye
Jul 24, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-07-24 18:32, Reenee wrote:
In other words, Infinite HP/TP (boy, Datel sure is stupid with their choice of words).

And what kind of reset are we talking about?

Exactly right. When a Booma (for example) hits you, it instantly replaces any hp you lose. I'm sure if your char took a hard enough blow from say a boss that it would still kill you, but I'll have to experiment to see. That would be about the only possible way you could die. When you attempt to go online, it will let you pick your char and confirm, then as the game attempts to log on, it turns black for a sec, then restarts the game as if you had hit the reset button.

Also the codes (mainly the enable code) in obviously by default unavailable to view. You also can't edit any of the codes. Whether or not someone is able to pull them from the disk has yet to be seen. However I understand GODs (GameCube Optical Discs) give hackers nightmares lol. Nintendo actually did an excellent job at securing the cute little things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SlayerJr
Jul 24, 2003, 09:42 PM
Woohoo... so now that has gone and passed. At least we wont see many people using cheat discs to get online.

VioletSkye
Jul 24, 2003, 09:53 PM
Yep. And like I said its strange because I got an email from them saying NO codes would be included.

The product has been delayed, and will not include Phantasy Star Online codes.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 2:55 PM
To: Tech Support
Subject: Powerlink 2nd ATTEMPT!!!!

I had a few questions on the Powerlink. First, it said a few days ago that it was released on June 27th, now it says coming soon. I ordered mine almost 2 months ago and would like to know when I can expect it. Secondly, does the disk still contain playable codes for Phantasy Star Online?

Thanx for your time

SlayerJr
Jul 24, 2003, 10:08 PM
In that case. SEGA did pretty much learn how to evade the system software GS CB and AR run on. I mean really... should we settle looking at a million level 200s online.

VioletSkye
Jul 24, 2003, 10:12 PM
I just tested it and it is basically invinsibility. I got to the dragon at level 3 and stood there as he walked all over me, spit fire at me and landed on me from above. In this case it didn't even register any damage. My hp meter never flickered or went down.

Small update. The codes work in multiplayer also (even challenge). And a player CAN be killed. I had my level 44 force hit my level 4 hucaseal with foie and she dies. The funny thing is the HP meter shows it to be full. LOL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-07-24 20:24 ]</font>

Castoth
Jul 25, 2003, 12:28 AM
With no HD to hack with and no reliable cheat devices for PSO, not to mention the internal security in the GC itself, Gamecube PSO seems to be the safest PSO ever. Duping might be the entire extent of the hacking that will ever go on and that kicks ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Jul 25, 2003, 12:39 AM
On 2003-07-24 22:28, Castoth wrote:
With no HD to hack with and no reliable cheat devices for PSO, not to mention the internal security in the GC itself, Gamecube PSO seems to be the safest PSO ever. Duping might be the entire extent of the hacking that will ever go on and that kicks ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Depends... a lot of people are now trying to grab the enable code off the disk. That will be the Pandoras box of PSO. Once that happens, it will only be a short time before you see instant level 200s, NOLing, etc. This could actually be a huge blow against PSO unfortunately.

Jack
Aug 3, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-07-24 22:39, VioletSkye wrote:
Once that happens, it will only be a short time before you see instant level 200s, NOLing, etc. This could actually be a huge blow against PSO unfortunately.

NOLing isn't really anything now - you can only overwrite your own character.

VioletSkye
Aug 3, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-08-03 11:52, Jack wrote:

On 2003-07-24 22:39, VioletSkye wrote:
Once that happens, it will only be a short time before you see instant level 200s, NOLing, etc. This could actually be a huge blow against PSO unfortunately.

NOLing isn't really anything now - you can only overwrite your own character.

Interesting. I've heard conflicting info on whether or not NOLing will even be possible. So if anyone wants to elaborate (**hint Barubary hint**) that would be cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Also I'll check back through Barus old posts, as I half remember something said about it. I'll post the link if I find it.

brillyfresh
Aug 3, 2003, 06:52 PM

for now at least ... there are a number of projects going on, such as hex editing save games, developing homebrew programs for GC, and all the evils that sprang from the shop exploit ... all of that, and now possibly ripping the enable code off this new PowerLink Disc .... PSO GC's days are numbered in terms of safety

as far as homebrew, it wouldn't even be possible on the Gamecube if it weren't for the only game that makes use of the Gamecube network adaptor: PSO .... i'm sure Barubary is familiar with the PSO loader homebrews out, since he seems to be the only one to edit packets and such (DNS server?) ... i'm really surprised that more people haven't taken that approach into hacking PSO

EDIT: my mistake, i think Broom can edit packets too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-08-03 18:08 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 3, 2003, 07:36 PM
On 2003-08-03 16:52, brillyfresh wrote:

for now at least ... there are a number of projects going on, such as hex editing save games, developing homebrew programs for GC, and all the evils that sprang from the shop exploit ... all of that, and now possibly ripping the enable code off this new PowerLink Disc .... PSO GC's days are numbered in terms of safety

as far as homebrew, it wouldn't even be possible on the Gamecube if it weren't for the only game that makes use of the Gamecube network adaptor: PSO .... i'm sure Barubary is familiar with the PSO loader homebrews out, since he seems to be the only one to edit packets and such (DNS server?) ... i'm really surprised that more people haven't taken that approach into hacking PSO

Me too actually, considering all the packet programs and editting that went/goes on with D2 and similiar online games. This may be the next big wave that more people start looking into. Thankfully it will require more than talking to a shop lady LOL.