Jul 24, 2003, 10:51 PM
HUmar!!!

Kenshin008
Jul 24, 2003, 10:59 PM
Chicken, Oh wait HUmar

umbrella
Jul 24, 2003, 10:59 PM
Why?
See I'm looking to make a hunter... I read some guides.... But I want interactive opinions!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 11:00 PM
Oh. Because they can use resta, have good ATP (Not the best but it's good), um.....good ATA, and all stats are well rounded.

umbrella
Jul 24, 2003, 11:04 PM
They don't even get d/s....
don't hunewearls?
or am I misataken?

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 11:07 PM
No they don't. But I've never played PSO with anything with it so you get used to it.

aving21
Jul 24, 2003, 11:18 PM
feel the power of the J HUMAR!!!!!!!!!!

RubyEclipse
Jul 24, 2003, 11:20 PM
I prefer HUnewearl over HUmar. Sure, we can't use most of the weapons as fast as HUmars can, but hey!

Level 20 techs, including s/d and j/z certainly makes up for that. (And in BA1, too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, because the HUmars have a tough time shaking j/z)

Then again, I stopped leveling my HUmar at 100...darn corruptions..

umbrella
Jul 24, 2003, 11:34 PM
So hunewearl has d/s and z/j?

Coxy
Jul 24, 2003, 11:38 PM
what are you talking about? no hunters can use level 20 techs

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 11:45 PM
....HUnewearls can. Make one and see.

umbrella
Jul 25, 2003, 02:10 AM
So no one prefers the androids?
I hear they lay down a.. smack... down.....
err....

Obscenity
Jul 25, 2003, 02:33 AM
On 2003-07-25 00:10, umbrella wrote:
So no one prefers the androids?
I hear they lay down a.. smack... down.....
err....

I definitely prefer the androids. If I wanted to use techniques, I'd make a Force.

umbrella
Jul 25, 2003, 03:05 AM
Which one? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Obscenity
Jul 25, 2003, 03:20 AM
On 2003-07-25 01:05, umbrella wrote:
Which one? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I like both of them, but HUcaseal looks cooler. I'm all about style over substance. =D

umbrella
Jul 25, 2003, 03:34 AM
Yeah I wanted pure power.... I was gonna go hucast but ..... he.........'s..............so...................ug ly...........

Zolpner
Jul 25, 2003, 04:42 AM
HUcaseal, why? mainly because with a Hunter Id like to concentrate more on the Hunter side of things not the Force side, this can be dont with a HUmar, but I like HUcaseal more, HUcast is, well, next memory card.

EditL 200th post, w00t!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-25 02:45 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Jul 25, 2003, 05:10 AM
Stat wise:
HUnewearl is Offline Hunter God
With her lv20 Shifta she has more atp then a HUcast without shifta. And I didnt even add Zalure lv20 then yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (both HUcast and HUney on max atp of course)
Massive mst: endurance and a resta that heals pretty good. Only thing you NEED on a HUnewearl is a Dex mag http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Online she is the weakest of all hunters, but when she is the only one in the game that comes close to a force (lv20 S&D and lv20 J&Z) that makes up alot.
And she still does some good damage.
Androids are cool but they completly lack endurance (which comes in handy in a battle against falz or dal ra lie) and androids offline personally bored me death.
Anyway non stat wise: she looks cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Of all hunters I had (Lv100 HUcast on v1, lv200 HUmar on v2, Lv128 HUcaseal on JPN NGC PSO 1.0 and a lv147 HUnewearl on 1.1) I would have to say I am having the most fun with my HUnewearl because she is so versatile(spelling?), being mainly a Hunter but can also step in with some good techs(S&D, J&Z, Ra techs) and mst to back it up

RuneScapeMan
Jul 25, 2003, 05:50 AM
I'd like a GOOD motivation why you who voted on HUmar did vote for him.

HUmars have pretty good atp, but he only has techs up to 15 and that's not enogh.
I want to see a good reason why you like him still when you get to level 130+ and you'll need to cast two Restas every time you get hit in Ultimate Ruins.
And HUmars only have J/Z(level 15 too lol). And HUmars NEVER use it either! HUnewearl has much more evp and more ata and her techs goes up to 20! And she has J/Z AND S/D plus her Resta is stronger. If you like HUmar because he has techs, why don't you get a HUnewearl? And if you choose HUmar for his atp, why don't you get a HUcast?
And if you motivate saying that you always play with Forcers and they S/D you, then still, just get a HUcast.

Oh, and I voted for HUcaseal.
Maybe not the best but I like the way she hold Twin Swords and she's sooo cool.
And because i like Androids.

Milky
Jul 25, 2003, 05:50 AM
On the DC, I really liked HUcasts, but the one I made on the GC got boring real quick, and is sat at lvl 26 and will be for a while I guess, but they do kick a lot of arse, and can take the hits most of the time too. People often moan about running out of mates, but I dont seem to have that problem, find a lot of them on the floor, and traps are really useful...
...I wish HUnewearls had traps, but they rule anyway. Nuke stuff a bit to soften it up, run in and smack it up side of head to finish it off, or just forget the techs and smush stuff. S/D is a godsend. They're kinda like FOmars, but not so fragile, and without all the techs, and they have better weapons.

Nai_Calus
Jul 25, 2003, 06:14 AM
On 2003-07-25 03:50, RuneScapeMan wrote:
I'd like a GOOD motivation why you who voted on HUmar did vote for him.

HUmars have pretty good atp, but he only has techs up to 15 and that's not enogh.
I want to see a good reason why you like him still when you get to level 130+ and you'll need to cast two Restas every time you get hit in Ultimate Ruins.
And HUmars only have J/Z(level 15 too lol). And HUmars NEVER use it either! HUnewearl has much more evp and more ata and her techs goes up to 20! And she has J/Z AND S/D plus her Resta is stronger. If you like HUmar because he has techs, why don't you get a HUnewearl? And if you choose HUmar for his atp, why don't you get a HUcast?

Ummm... Get off your HUnewearl fanboyisms. We'll start with one glaring error:
HUnewearl? More ATA? Sorry, no. HUnny's max is 199, HUmar's is 200. HUnny's L200 base is 147. HUmar's L200 base is 174. ATA-wise, HUmar blows HUnewearl out of the water at base stats, and even though their max is nearly the same, HUmar reaches it much easier...
As for the L20 techs... Well, so? If I plan on using techniques I load up one of my Forces and do it right. I have never once in 105 levels of playing my HUmar used attack techs, nor have I needed to rely on them.
As for some of your other claims... Well, I'm L105 in Ult Ruins and I certainly don't need to cast Resta twice on the occasions I actually get hit. O_o Once is more than enough, I don't take that much damage, and my Mag has some MIND on it so my Resta is more effective as well. *shrug*
Oh yeah, I J/Z everything. :-P And if you have to rely on all four of the support techs to survive with a Hunter, I really pity you and hope you learn how to play the game someday. O_o; The only time it's really -necessary- to use all four is if you're trying to melee with a FOmar whose level is too low for the area.
As for picking a HUcast, well, sure, with a FO they've got all the healing and support techs they need... And still the same pathetic ATA. It never ceases to amaze me how people consistently fail to take ATA into account. I like my HUmars because they can heal and support themselves as much as they actually need it, and they have good ATA to back up their good ATP and make it -work-. And as you might guess, my second favorite Hunter is the HUcaseal. Mmm, sexy ATA. Power is useless if you can't hit worth a damn.

So yeah. I like my HUmar because he has techs. Resta, Jellen and Zalure make my life incredibly easy.
I like him because he has good ATP. Stuff dies, and quickly.
I like him because he has good ATA. Misses are something I almost never see.

Plus, if done right, HUmars can be kinda cute. ^_-;

umbrella
Jul 25, 2003, 09:23 PM
but the d/s lvl 10 each on hunny makes up for..........
let's see.......
alot
and those base stats, at level 200...
they're not much use to lots of people.... since only a couple ever succeed on getting to 200.
thanks for your opinions..
my order

1.) HUcaseal
2.) HUmar
3.) HUnewearl
4.) HUcast

sounds good to me.
HUcaseal, here I come http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Darth-Vader
Jul 26, 2003, 01:23 AM
Go Forces!!!!!!!!!!!!

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 01:51 AM
i'd say HUmar...since they have lower tech lvs..u can concentrate more on power..and my HUmar is striaght out good...my base DEF is like 475, base ATP is like 950 base ATA is like 130 something..and being able to use Resta alongside ur good ATA and ATP....u dont have to run out of mates, and i hardly run of of fluids from useing resta on ultimate...actually its rare that i buy a difluid..and i dont use mates...

dropslash
Jul 26, 2003, 02:16 AM
It's all about Androids. I'm sorry, it is. You want Tech's, make a FO. The ability to trap, the lack of nearly all status effects, HP regen, and streamlined playing style put Androids so far out of the reach of flesh-based HUnters.

You want to tear things apart in vHard like it was Normal, go with a HUcast. Want to never see "miss" ever again, go with a HUcaseal. By the time your high enough level, a critical hit on a HUcast is like a love tap, monsters won't even be able to get a shot in on the HUcaseal.

Flesh is weak! Flesh is inefficient! If you want flesh, it should be in a dress or look like a jester. Leave the HUnting to the machines.

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 02:23 AM
BULL CRAP! HUmars can out last a HUcast any day any where...cast Zonde, you short, you blast you away with friken Tsumikiri J-Sword or BKB..and you fall apart like a rusted car in an accident. You hit HUmar, you get hit back from Zonde, and we heal with Resta...You go to heal..you could probably last 30-40 or less heals, while we HUmars and HUnewearl's can heal like 5000 times...So What you have to say to that!?

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 02:24 AM
BULL CRAP! HUmars can out last a HUcast any day any where...cast Zonde, you short, you blast you away with friken Tsumikiri J-Sword or BKB..and you fall apart like a rusted car in an accident. You hit HUmar, you get hit back from Zonde, and we heal with Resta...You go to heal..you could probably last 30-40 or less heals, while we HUmars and HUnewearl's can heal like 5000 times...So What you have to say to that!?

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 02:25 AM
damn computer..didnt mean to post it twice...

umbrella
Jul 26, 2003, 02:49 AM
Posting an apology doesn't solve much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
EDIT:
oh yeah and..

OniTatsujin ranted:

hehehe..... strong opinion I see..
*checks off as vote for HUmar*
I'm still leaning towards hucast, most because

On Judgement Day, dropslash wrote:
It's all about Androids. I'm sorry, it is. You want Tech's, make a FO. The ability to trap, the lack of nearly all status effects, HP regen, and streamlined playing style put Androids so far out of the reach of flesh-based HUnters.

You want to tear things apart in vHard like it was Normal, go with a HUcast. Want to never see "miss" ever again, go with a HUcaseal. By the time your high enough level, a critical hit on a HUcast is like a love tap, monsters won't even be able to get a shot in on the HUcaseal.

Flesh is weak! Flesh is inefficient! If you want flesh, it should be in a dress or look like a jester. Leave the HUnting to the machines.

That won me over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umbrella on 2003-07-26 00:54 ]</font>

Fojar
Jul 26, 2003, 04:08 AM
i just made my first hucast 2 days ago, and it kicks ass. (i'm up to ult mines already) its good, i like resta though.

Nai_Calus
Jul 26, 2003, 05:32 AM
On 2003-07-25 19:23, umbrella wrote:
but the d/s lvl 10 each on hunny makes up for..........
let's see.......
alot
and those base stats, at level 200...
they're not much use to lots of people.... since only a couple ever succeed on getting to 200.
thanks for your opinions..

Actually, pretty much all of the stat advantages/disadvantages are present at lower levels as well. A L100 HUmar and HUnewearl have about the same differences as a L200 HUmar and HUnewearl. HUmar still has more HP, ATP and ATA, HUnny still has more TP, MST and EVP... Stuff still applies. For example, there's a 13 ATA difference between a L100 HUmar and a L100 HUnewearl. Believe it or not, 13 ATA can make a great amount of difference. *shrug*

dropslash
Jul 26, 2003, 05:59 AM
Zonde... any Android worth his chassis has high enough ETH to handle HU lightning. Level 30 FOnewm Razonde, then i might play cautious. HUmar Zonde is like wool socks on carpet.

And bring your HUmar Bar, you wouldn't get past the first animation before you heard "ding!" and you're an organ-bag popsicle.

Human, you must accept that you are outclassed by my Android brethren. We hit harder, block stronger, last longer, kill faster, and look a lot better doing it. I'd say maybe you'd have a chance in a C.A.R.D. game, but we all know that Androids have far superior tactical minds. Face it fleshy, in your own language, joo p43&r //3, joo R pwnd by |20b07z.

JTeebo
Jul 26, 2003, 07:22 AM
Adroids rock. All the way. Go with the HUcast for pure power, or the HUcaseal for the ATA and EVP. With my HUcaseal, using Mormal-Heavy and Normal-Heavy-Heavy combos, I didn't miss at all through Hard and Very Hard, and I rarely miss in Ultimate.

She's my favourite character.

tank1
Jul 26, 2003, 01:13 PM
im more of a ranger person but i have a humar as a secound char cuz i prefer a well rounded character who dosent excel at anything but dosent suck and i hate droids.
(no offence)

Blade21
Jul 26, 2003, 01:27 PM
I have no Idea concrete answer on why I like the HUmar. . . but it calls to me. . . .

But besides him I use a RAmarl and she rocks.

JGaff
Jul 26, 2003, 01:46 PM
As for Mr HUmar ranter boy, Dropslash just nailed you back good. When your done digesting that, your HUmar buddies have to use a duped BKB or T-J Sword to edge out victory. Androids can pick up a Gladius or a Diska off the floor and use it to clear a room. Just because the weapon is strong, doesn't mean it's the best for the present situation. Playing in the Ultimate Mines tells you that (It's not the zonde, it's the enemies who don't flinch when hit).

~JGaff~

Go HUCast. Give us a ChainSawd and a Bravace/Supressed Gun and we're Golden~

Kupo36
Jul 26, 2003, 08:33 PM
hahahaa! hunters! Mwahahahaha!! HUcaseal!!!

ABDUR101
Jul 26, 2003, 08:54 PM
I'm going with HUcast, just because it's been my main character type through three different releases of the game(Vers 1, Vers 2 and now Episode 1&2).

*shrug* It's my play style, I like to strike things down with hefty weapons...makes me feel good o_O?

..and the lack of most status effects helps too. =X

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 09:06 PM
Hello...i dont have online..so how am i soppsoed to friken dupe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OniTatsujin on 2003-07-26 19:10 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 09:09 PM
Flesh does not matter when we armor ourselves..and we made androids, so there for, we own androids...and forces..are fleshy..and your scared of them aren't you, a Razonde, ouch, that must suck, being not able to cast spells..and go ahead set your damn bombs, that why they made Trap Vision. Zonde, it gone, Razonde, oops im sorry for shorting your sorry @$$, but you just can't face it, HUmar's make a good HUnter overall...well rounded, i dont really care about the extra 5 more levels HUnewearl's get, HUmar's have better ATP and DEF..

Alizar
Jul 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
um.... i have all....

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 09:32 PM
and also, we could Zalure and Jellen you, causing you to lose power and DEF, and HUnewearls can do that with a lv 20 Z/J and then use S/D and kick you metal arse...

umbrella
Jul 26, 2003, 09:45 PM
Ok, Now...... Hunewearl........
ahhhhhhh so confusing......

Nai_Calus
Jul 26, 2003, 09:51 PM
...I feel unloved.

And FFS, people, quit with the farking HUmar racism. I'm sick to bloody death of it. Nothing but "HUmars suck and all use dupes and don't know how to play and are lamers!", that's all I ever hear around here. Nevermind that all classes are played by people who suck, use dupes, don't know how to play and are lamers. Gods. I swear, sometimes I'm glad I can't get online. I'd probably never get a single civil word said to me. Nevermind that I know how to use J/Z and my own frigging Resta, and know the value of a good set of high Hit % Vulcans and a good Partisan. I can grab a Saber from Normal Forest and then go destroy Ult Forest with it. But would anyone give a crap? From what it sounds like, no. I use a HUmar, and therefore everything I own must therefore be a dupe and I must suck all kinds off ass. God. -_-;

-RickRenziku-
Jul 26, 2003, 09:51 PM
Grants&Megid > All

Too many HUmars BKB,Too many HUcasts T J-sword,Too many "I have boobies now gimme rares" HUnewearls,Not much HUcaseals....Guess I would go with HUcaseal if I really cared about playing hunter classes.

umbrella
Jul 26, 2003, 09:54 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
*falls off crispy chair*
*clicks Fuck Hunters as vote*

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 26, 2003, 10:06 PM
HUmars all the way. I just beat ult df with mine.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 26, 2003, 10:11 PM
with or no dupes?

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 10:13 PM
my friend had offline..never really got online yet..and he beat Ultimate DF at lv 94...and he didnt have online nor can he dupe if he did....and he was a HUmar..and he coudltn tweak it since it was his 1st character..so what do you have to say to that dropslash!? HUmans rule...

Ghostmaker
Jul 26, 2003, 10:14 PM
I'd say HUmar.... Mainly because it is the only Hunter that I play

-RickRenziku-
Jul 26, 2003, 10:19 PM
And there are such things as cheat devices and Hacked mags.

Get all 4 hunters level 200 and strand them all in Seabed.One east,One west,One north,One South.

See who can survive the longest.But that seems kinda hard to find such people.

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 10:20 PM
i cant hack for crap, neither can he...

-RickRenziku-
Jul 26, 2003, 10:35 PM
K,He must have some good light resistance and a cure/freeze I bet.

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 10:39 PM
His equiptions for beating him:
Delsabers Buster+9
Valiant Frame
Dragon/Hp
Dragon/HP
Master/Ability
Master/Ability
Sheild of Delsaber
Rati(20/140/40/0)

Smile
Jul 26, 2003, 11:26 PM
online: Bot. i say HUcast cuz of high hp.

offline: Fleshy. I say HUmar cuz he's got the 'fro.

if you pick a bot remember to use your traps.

(i have an online HUcast, and on offline LEGIT HUmar)

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 11:28 PM
see, there is legit HUmars...

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 27, 2003, 12:38 PM
I have a lvl 103 humar. make sure you give urself a good hunter id or else you'll be stuck with 13 justy's like me. anywho, humars do more damage than hunewarls and can pack a punch! The hucast can kick some ass because he dosent get knocked down as easy, but he costs more money cus he cant use resta.

AppieDPC
Jul 27, 2003, 01:30 PM
On 2003-07-25 04:14, Ian-KunX wrote:

Ummm... Get off your HUnewearl fanboyisms. We'll start with one glaring error:
HUnewearl? More ATA? Sorry, no. HUnny's max is 199, HUmar's is 200. HUnny's L200 base is 147. HUmar's L200 base is 174. ATA-wise, HUmar blows HUnewearl out of the water at base stats, and even though their max is nearly the same, HUmar reaches it much easier...
So? we have a little thing called a MAG that compensates that alot or ata units.

As for the L20 techs... Well, so? If I plan on using techniques I load up one of my Forces and do it right. I have never once in 105 levels of playing my HUmar used attack techs, nor have I needed to rely on them.
HUnewearls dont rely on them but they come in handy when you use them. And do some good damage. Reason why you prolly dont use Attack Spells on your HUmar is because you know they suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and my Mag has some MIND on it so my Resta is more effective as well. *shrug*

HUmar 732 MST Resta Lv15 vs HUnewearl 1177 MST lv20 Resta. Sure you don't need to cast it twice when your are in the Ruins. But a HUney gets away much better

Oh yeah, I J/Z everything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And if you have to rely on all four of the support techs to survive with a Hunter, I really pity you and hope you learn how to play the game someday. O_o;
HUnewearls don't NEED it, but it just makes them own more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On NGC I also have a HUmar
Made both so they would max their stats to the best they could (or in which way i liked them most maxed)
My HUmar on Lv 200 would have:
2 Free Armor slots (not that I care) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
(in other slots are God/Abilty and God/Battle
Atp 1397
Dfp 579
Mst 720
Ata 200
Evp 756
Luck 100

So I would only miss my max mst on 12 points.
The rest would be max.

Now my HUnewearl
0 Free slots (3x God/Abilty and God/Battle) (not like I care)
Atp 1237
Dfp 589
Mst 993
Ata 199
Evp 811
Luck 100

She would only miss her max mst on 184 points
But still has a shitload more mst then any HUmar

Now if my HUnewearl would ONLY cast Lv 20 S&D she would already surpass the damage a HUmar would do with his lv15 J&Z. And her atp would even top that of a HUcast. This HUnewearl would surpass any stat of a HUmar big time.
So the question still stands:
Who can give some GOOD motivation for making a HUmar?
Only things I can think of:
-He attacks faster then a HUnewearl(God Battle could compensate that a bit)
-Is easier to start of with then with a HUnewearl,
-You like the HUMar for Non-Stat reasons
but other then that?
Just lookin at stats: in the end HUnewearl surpasses them all.
Offline anyway.
Only with a Fo in the team or her as "Fo" she would be the weakest of them all. But how much of you play this JUST online? I don't anyway. And even if I did it is not likely there will ALWAYS be a Force in my team or even a force that knows what his main purpose is online: Support.
HUnewearl solves those problems perfectly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-07-27 11:46 ]</font>

Forever Zero
Jul 27, 2003, 01:50 PM
Why pick HUmar? It's called personal preference. HUnewearls aren't for everyone. I played my HUmar and HUnwearl equally on the Dreamcast and I only wanted to remake ONE char on GC pso so I could make it to 200. The one I noticed I had the most FUN with(isn't that the most importaint reason to pick a char?) is my HUmar so I remade him and made it to 200.

ALL chars have the ability to beat challenge mode, beat Olga Flow and Falz on ultimate, become experts in BA mode, lvl to 200, so I don't really see what the big deal is. HUmars don't suck. BS. I have been told by my online friends that I play very good and am an asset to the team. So meh, I dun care what you close minded people think about HUmars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And one more thing...I USE JELLEN AND ZALURE DAMMIT! Who are you to say ALL HUmars don't cast j/z? Have you played with ALL HUmars? Nupe didn't think so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forever Zero on 2003-07-27 11:52 ]</font>

PSO_4_LiFe
Jul 27, 2003, 02:02 PM
HUmar is ok. I jus started with him and I can say that he is a good all round character. But in the beggining he has weak defence so your gonna need a lot of monomates in the beggining. All I have to say is to enjoy who u choose and don't give up...

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-07-27 11:30, AppieDPC wrote:

HUnewearls dont rely on them but they come in handy when you use them. And do some good damage. Reason why you prolly dont use Attack Spells on your HUmar is because you know they suck :D

Actually, no, I don't use them because I'm playing a -Hunter-. If I wanted to use techs I'd play one of my FOmars. Better MST than your HUnny will ever have and the ability to get L-30- techs with damage bonuses to some of 'em. Reminds me, I need to give Zero those nice Shifta L24, Rabarta L26 and Gizonde L29 discs Ult Seabed coughed up for my L106 HUmar last night.

And 'suck' is relative. :-P HUmar Rabarta will still freeze enemies. HUmar Gizonde will still shock them.

And the ATA still stands. With 8 levels of DEX on my Mag, and an Elf/Arm for a grand total of 11 ATA added to my base, I still hit far, far more than I missed in Ult Seabed.

Besides, I prefer most of the HUmar's attack animations... And if I -do- wind up using attack techs, like when I do Ult Spaceship and it's that one layout with a pair of Delsabers and it's just easier to smack 'em with Barta, I just toss on a MIND Mag and unequip my weapon and make use of the unarmed male tech casting animation. ...Which comes in handy against those pesky Sinow Speigel/Zeles, since if've you've been knocked down a ways on your HP, you can just quickly cast Resta before you re-equip your weapon, without being signifigantly slowed down in your casting by being weaponless.

That, and the HUmar doesn't look like a complete slut. XD

...And speaking of classes with good MST, before I killed her for a RAmar, I never used attack techs with my RAmarl, either, good damage or no. I'm using a Ranger, I'm going to use guns. I'm using a Hunter, I'm going to use melee weapons. I'm using a Force, -then- I'll use techs.

BonusKun
Jul 27, 2003, 03:53 PM
Actually, no, I don't use them because I'm playing a -Hunter-.

If for some odd reason I'm playing a HUmar or a Hun in Ult and there is no FO around then by god I will do SD and JZ in a team.

I've hated how some forces tho great they are as support characters sometimes let their egos get ahead of themsleves into thinking they 'control' the team.

If I wanted to use techs I'd play one of my FOmars. Better MST than your HUnny will ever have and the ability to get L-30- techs with damage bonuses to some of 'em.

But in Ultimate once your Levels are high enough hich is usually around the 130s and up then a HUnny can cover her ass in a team as a decent support character even without needing offensive techs.

Hell I applaud a HUmar in an all Hunter team that does Jellen & Zalure. Shows they are willing to improvise outside of the norm of tech n mechs.

Besides, I prefer most of the HUmar's attack animations...

Some of them are ok to me. After I hit 200 with my HUcaseal, I made a HUcast & Much later a HUmar but, I realized at that point how god damn spoiled I was with a HUcaseal's speed. They literally have the fastest Double Saber Animation in the game with virtually a zero start up time & their Dagger Animation also is pretty stacked up there also.

Once I did the same thing with my HUcast and even with God/Battle, I felt like I was moving in mud. I literally had to get used to being slower than I normally was.

True but I get tired of the trademark spiked DBZ haircuts I see all over the place. A lot of HUmar players need to get a clue that they arn't being original.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-07-27 13:55 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Jul 27, 2003, 06:28 PM
Humar's rock.

OniTatsujin
Jul 27, 2003, 06:30 PM
HUmar's are the coolest...

Obscenity
Jul 27, 2003, 06:47 PM
I can't believe the HUmar has the most votes. It's my least favorite of all the Hunters, by far.

Insanetrio
Jul 27, 2003, 07:07 PM
I haven't bothered to read this whole post but I voted for HUnewmarl. I have one lvl 72,and my RAmar is level 126. Now beside the point of having good stuff for her, they both were as easy as the other to level with. Now my friend has a HUcast of one of his memories cards, and he is lvl 63(ShiningSoul), and I find him a lot harder to level than Fiona, my HUnewmarl. I believe the 20 techs, mainly the anti,reata,s/d,and rafoie really help a lot!! On his HUcast I find leveling much harder, and I have almost every charater but 3 of the FOs,only one being FOnewmarl,lvl 21. Now I find that out of ALL the classes I have that my HUnewmarl was the easist to level, I did way better than any HUmars,second files or not,that I played with. I did not use J/Z that much,I find it useless unless lvl 30.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .I also saw that MOST HUamars,not all never use J/Z,or get this resta,they seem to think they don't have to, and there's never heals me to full if I am at less then 1/3 HP !
Also on the ATA issue, Hunewmarls is decence and is good enough for a hunter, her defence is excelent, good evasion, HP a little low, TP is good, and ATP is fine. She takes maybe 2 more levels at the MOST to use a weapon than a HUmar. So I say forget HUcast(look ugly), HUcasels, and HUmar(who also look stupid), and get a HUnewmarl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Insanetrio on 2003-07-27 17:16 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2003, 09:35 PM
There's an 11 or so ATA difference between a L100 HUmar and a L100 HUnewearl... I don't know, I just like being able to equip a gun more or less the instant I find it -without- arm units. ^^;;;

And not all HUmars have spiky hair and carry TJ swords. I have two. Both wear the last costume in the first row, but one has pale skin, green eyes and dark brown hair in a ponytail, and the other has the second darkest skin, the other green eyes, and hot pink hair in a braid. No TJ swords. One uses a Lavis Cannon/Orotiagito/Red Handgun/Red Partisan/Demoltion Comet/50% Hit Master's Gatling and the other uses a Buster/Halbert/Lockgun. *shrug*

umbrella
Jul 27, 2003, 10:03 PM
A PONYTAIL?
O_O;;

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2003, 10:36 PM
On 2003-07-27 20:03, umbrella wrote:
A PONYTAIL?
O_O;;

Yeah.
http://members.aol.com/JLennon910/iankunx.png
A ponytail.
And?

umbrella
Jul 28, 2003, 12:23 AM
and......... nothing!

OT: Say, where does everyone get those little pixelated figures?

Nai_Calus
Jul 28, 2003, 12:27 AM
On 2003-07-27 22:23, umbrella wrote:
and......... nothing!

I edited mine from ones I found on the web(Some of which are avatars here). *shrug* It's not that hard to do. What I should do, for a bit of a challenge, is try to do one of ep2 Elly, since she's not a class... Be a pain in the neck, though. Although it might be kinda fun.

Lucas2k4
Jul 28, 2003, 12:27 AM
We....find them......http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

umbrella
Jul 28, 2003, 02:44 AM
On 2003-07-27 22:27, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2003-07-27 22:23, umbrella wrote:
and......... nothing!

I edited mine from ones I found on the web(Some of which are avatars here). *shrug* It's not that hard to do. What I should do, for a bit of a challenge, is try to do one of ep2 Elly, since she's not a class... Be a pain in the neck, though. Although it might be kinda fun.

Yeah she's awesome! I saw her and was like,
"Did I miss that costume on the HUnewearl"

Nani-chan
Jul 28, 2003, 04:37 AM
Elly is a fone, not a hune. ^-^;; notice the ears going to the sides instead of upwards and the abysmal hp? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

umbrella
Jul 28, 2003, 05:20 AM
Ahh really?
DAMN!
Now I want her costume so much for my Fonewearl!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AppieDPC
Jul 28, 2003, 07:25 AM
On 2003-07-27 12:22, Ian-KunX wrote:
And the ATA still stands. With 8 levels of DEX on my Mag, and an Elf/Arm for a grand total of 11 ATA added to my base, I still hit far, far more than I missed in Ult Seabed.

Lol ok your elf arm and 8 dex vs my 92 dex mag. Lets see who misses http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

haha true.
I wished the huney had some "classy" outfits.
Just so they don't all look like sluts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

...And speaking of classes with good MST, before I killed her for a RAmar, I never used attack techs with my RAmarl, either, good damage or no. I'm using a Ranger, I'm going to use guns. I'm using a Hunter, I'm going to use melee weapons. I'm using a Force, -then- I'll use techs.
Techs on a HUnewearl (or RAmarl) aren't used like on a force. When I see a Batch of Gilchic coming up to me in Ult Mines offline I just cast some Rafoies. No, it doesn't kill them but when I do for about 230 damage(lv20 rafoie around 850mst give or take, should check this, memory is rusty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) with 1 Rafoie it at least cuts down their HP a bit, because I can usually get 3 Rafoies in before they come too close, making it easier it for me to kill them.

On 2003-07-27 13:53, BonusKun wrote:

Actually, no, I don't use them because I'm playing a -Hunter-.

If for some odd reason I'm playing a HUmar or a Hun in Ult and there is no FO around then by god I will do SD and JZ in a team.

I've hated how some forces tho great they are as support characters sometimes let their egos get ahead of themsleves into thinking they 'control' the team.

If I wanted to use techs I'd play one of my FOmars. Better MST than your HUnny will ever have and the ability to get L-30- techs with damage bonuses to some of 'em.

But in Ultimate once your Levels are high enough hich is usually around the 130s and up then a HUnny can cover her ass in a team as a decent support character even without needing offensive techs.

Hell I applaud a HUmar in an all Hunter team that does Jellen & Zalure. Shows they are willing to improvise outside of the norm of tech n mechs.

True but I get tired of the trademark spiked DBZ haircuts I see all over the place. A lot of HUmar players need to get a clue that they arn't being original.

Amen to that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2003-07-27 11:50, Forever Zero wrote:
Why pick HUmar? It's called personal preference.

Like I said:

-You like the HUMar for Non-Stat reasons
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearls aren't for everyone. I played my HUmar and HUnwearl equally on the Dreamcast and I only wanted to remake ONE char on GC pso so I could make it to 200. The one I noticed I had the most FUN with(isn't that the most importaint reason to pick a char?) is my HUmar so I remade him and made it to 200.
If you based it upon V2 (where the HUmar was complete Hunter Overlord, just like V1) I see your point http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I am not saying HUmar on NGC is a terrible char not at all.
It is a very good char which becomes even better when he is online. HUnewearl is the other way around she becomes less good when she is online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ALL chars have the ability to beat challenge mode, beat Olga Flow and Falz on ultimate, become experts in BA mode, lvl to 200, so I don't really see what the big deal is. HUmars don't suck. BS. I have been told by my online friends that I play very good and am an asset to the team. So meh, I dun care what you close minded people think about HUmars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And one more thing...I USE JELLEN AND ZALURE DAMMIT! Who are you to say ALL HUmars don't cast j/z? Have you played with ALL HUmars? Nupe didn't think so.

I know several people that know how to play their HUmar to the max. Sometimes I even have to say: "Lay of the J&Z man I'll cast my lv20 J&Z" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Yup it is just 5 lvls higher but all bits help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-07-28 05:28 ]</font>

Forever Zero
Jul 28, 2003, 01:02 PM
My post was directed to this topic in general. Just to let you know I am not picking on you, Appie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If I was told to stop casting J/Z that would make me sad though. Usually when I play with a HUnwearl/RAmarl, we split the J/Z job. I like to support the team too with what I have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But when a force is in the team...yea I stop with the J/Z XD

AppieDPC
Jul 28, 2003, 02:07 PM
I know you not picking on me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
'cause like you said it just a matter of taste what you want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I sometimes split the J&Z job too.
But since it is routine for me(yea for humars too lol) I usually end up casting both anyway haha.
And since I have this huge stock of tp I don't mind casting it either lol.