PDA

View Full Version : Questions about newest server changes

DooMStalK
Mar 20, 2001, 03:14 PM
Forst off, I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong forum, since to some it may fall under the category of cheating. For a while I've been hearing rumors and heresay about Sega's efforts to stop cheating online. A short while back, there was a link on the PSO World front page to an article on cheating in PSO. This article mentioned that Sega has found that using the Gameshark leaves a distinct signature on save files, making it possible to ban people using the Gameshark to dupe, level up, ect. Is this a rumor, or is there any sort of confirmation on this report?
Second, recently theres been a big deal made about items with hacked abilities, and level 999 mags. I've heard from some that having one of these items on your person will prompt a message telling you to get rid of these items, or you won't be able to play online. I've also heard that these items are just deleted with no warning. Which, if either of these stories is true? Continuing on this line, I've herd that putting said hacked items in the bank before joining a game makes them undetectable by Sega's current meathods, is there any truth to this?
And finally, I've read plenty of hysterical posts lately about how Sega can't check for items, play time, ect. because they claim no personal information will be taken. This doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I know, Sega means that they won't take down your name, age, phone number, address, ect. As they say, the online servers are an extension of the game, and the same could be said about anything a charachter has on his person. Does anyone agree/disagree with me on this matter?

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DooMStalK on 2001-03-20 12:15 ]</font>