PDA

View Full Version : Alright! De Rol Le's gone down the sewage! Uh... Vol Opt? wh

Nazo
Jul 25, 2003, 08:49 AM
Ugh... just reached Lvl 20 with my FO. Just reached Level 50 with Ashvianu, but forgot its name...

Can I have some tips on the Mines stage..? It looks a bit... *gulp* menacing..

Obscenity
Jul 25, 2003, 08:58 AM
Mines isn't so bad. Since you're a Force, keep Gizonde handy. Vol Opt is a pushover, pretty much.

dropslash
Jul 25, 2003, 09:03 AM
Some quick Mines tips.

1. Electricity is your friend. Everything in the mines has a Machine attribute which means that your Zonde skills will come in handy for shorting-out enemies.

2. Fear Garanz! Garanz missile attack can devastate you. It can also devastate other enemies though. If you see a Garanz that's out of your range, try and put another enemy between you and it to block the missiles. If there's no other enemies around, you can use the Garanz itself. Stick close and keep moving and the Garanz will fall to it's own barrage. A great trick, if there's 2 Garanz, is to freeze one and use it as a giant shield while you attack the 2nd.

3. Sinows are quick... but they pause after being hit. Keep up a constant attack so they don't get a chance to dish out the hurt. If that's looking too risky, hit and run. Doorways are your friends. Remember, some tech's like Barta can go straight through doorways and hit enemies on the other side.

the best tip?

Take your time. There's no stage that can't be beat if you just have patience and use strategy.

edit: comma... action!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-07-25 07:04 ]</font>

Fanatic
Jul 25, 2003, 09:45 AM
Little tip against Sinows:

When they hit you, they will most likely knock you down. If this happens, don't run away as soon as you get up. If you don't run, the sinow will leap away from you to use a special. Great time to pelter it with more techniques.

Also, when dealing with sinows it can be a good idea to run out the room. They'll reset to their position on the ceiling, giving you extra time to shoot them when you go back in. Just watch out for those leap attacks.

Artemidorus
Jul 25, 2003, 09:55 AM
Also, Sinow's are weak to fire. They normally don't appear in hordes (sp) so hot key Foie to finish them off quickly. Garanz have no happy elemental weakness, instead they are uh...vulnerable to their own missles. Bring up the start menu and run around him so you don't slow down.
And as always, resta is your god.

Fanatic
Jul 25, 2003, 10:21 AM
Actually, Garanz can be barta'ed, but watch out for those missiles...

If you try the running around trick, it helps to set your hotkeys with no offensive spells/actions on the flip side. By switching to that you avoid slowing down while near him.
Also works for walking through mine-filled corridors.

Nazo
Jul 25, 2003, 10:45 AM
Boo yah! Thanks guys! I just beat em and got to the mines stag-...

*gulp* oh no... not this AGAIN...

ehehe.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif um... help?

*runs away from evil shark robots* GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH--

Reenee
Jul 25, 2003, 11:07 AM
Are you talking about the Ruins?

Rljohn
Jul 25, 2003, 12:12 PM
ruins are the hardest stage---I recommend you do a few mines runs, get about 10 levels higher.

Reenee
Jul 25, 2003, 12:46 PM
On 2003-07-25 10:12, Rljohn wrote:
ruins are the hardest stage---I recommend you do a few mines runs, get about 10 levels higher.

Ahh, stop being wussy. He can take them on at Level 20. Here, I got yer strategy as a FO:

First, I suggest you have on your control setup Foie, Gifoie, Barta, and Zonde. I'm serious.

Dimenians, La Dimenians, So Dimenians: Gifoie Dimenians at a certain distance away so you can evade them. Don't worry about La's and So's getting hit: what matters is that they got hit, right? As for La Dimenians, get them to chase you, and they should be in a line. Shoot Barta at them when you see them do so. (Gibarta wastes TP.) As for So Dimenians, just Zonde them. If you see 3 or more of So's, Gizonde them.

Delsabers: You'll see them quite a bit. Just use Barta. Most likely, they'll appear with La Dimienians, so try to get Barta in with the La's too.

Claws: Gifoie all the way. Knock down with Foie if you are dealing with 1 or 2 of them.

Chaos Sorcerers: Foie the Sorcerer. If there are Dimenians around, try to make Gifoie hit the Sorcerer too.

Dark Belras: Fire off one Grants if you got it, and keep using Zonde. If you're dealing with 2 or more Belras, get them together and Gizonde them.

Chaos Bringer: Use Foie. If you got Dimenians in there, again, use Gifoie.

Dark/Death Gunners: See which normal technique hurts them the most and aim it at the Death Gunner (red crystal) when they're about to shoot you.

Nazo
Jul 25, 2003, 09:49 PM
Alright... I've got killed a few times, since scape dolls aren't in the shops yet... Dunno when I could get those, but heck.

Another thing; where can I get Megid and Grants? I know they all appear by chance, but do I have to be in a different difficulty to do this better? Is it kinda like a rare thing (red box)? Cuz I'm not really sure what's going on...

Bit
Jul 25, 2003, 09:56 PM
Finding Megid and Grants disks are just random. They are in regular green boxes.

My FOnewearl found a level 2 Grants disk in Normal Ruins.

ryomakuriyami
Jul 25, 2003, 10:02 PM
I believe you can find Grants up to level 5 and Megid up to level 1 (w00t! 1!) in norm. ruins.

Bit
Jul 25, 2003, 10:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=790

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 12:19 AM
i preferbly choose RAfoie more than Gifoie...but hey...thats me(Rafoie hits everyone and is faster at casting)

Reenee
Jul 26, 2003, 01:02 AM
On 2003-07-25 22:19, OniTatsujin wrote:
i preferbly choose RAfoie more than Gifoie...but hey...thats me(Rafoie hits everyone and is faster at casting)

But you're wasting valuable TP.

Nazo
Jul 26, 2003, 09:06 AM
First off, my latest news. Hm... I'll agree to RlJohn... I think I am a bit short on EXP... I just got a Lla, and level 24, but even though I may be able to reach the boss, I'd sooner die (having no scapes) then attempt it.

Now, one thing that ran in my mind a lot while running through the mines, you guys speak a lot of rare items (like J-sword, Red swrod, double blades)... Around when will I have access to those kinda cool stuff? I'm offline, but I'm wondering if I could still get that kinda of stuff, and when... all I seem to find in the mines are partisans, knives, and monomates...

Oh and... speaking of searching, still searching for Grants and Megid... Where are you dangit?!?!

Thanks for the help again guys, you guys ROCK!

-Nazo

Logical2u
Jul 26, 2003, 09:39 AM
I'd recomend just playing some quests for a while if you need to find Scapes and discs... alot of the forest quests give you some scapes and I think online it is easier to find discs... try the Heat Sword Quest, you get like 20 enemies in the first room on VHard...

Artemidorus
Jul 26, 2003, 10:25 AM
Well, just to let you know, Scape Dolls aren't sold, they're found at random. Most of those rare weapons like the Sealed J-Sword and stuff are found in the higher difficulty levels. You'll probably find very few but helpful rares in Normal.
And an enemy that was left out was the Chaos Bringer.
Foie it like no tomorrow. It changes its..."line" color after a few hits and will fire off a massively strong attack (that can go through doors, so watch out if you door hop!) He normally appears in the Engine room of Ruins 2 and then the rest of the ruins 2 and 3

Reenee
Jul 26, 2003, 11:36 AM
I mentioned Chaos Bringer. It's the next to last enemy I listed.

monkeyfist
Jul 26, 2003, 11:51 AM
here's how i do the mines with my force:
gilchics:gizonde
canadinines:gizonde(although i think they hate barta)
sinows:foie
baranz:barta, then run behind them and let them hit themselves with their own missles

Vol opt: PHASE 1:use foie/gibarta/zonde to knock down the center pillar. use gizonde on his screens. proceed to take out pillars PHASE 2: gizonde, gibarta, gifoie like crazy, also a slicer if you have one. this part should be http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cake.gif (cake)

Reenee
Jul 26, 2003, 11:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=808

And I'm waiting on Lollipop to upload my In-Depth Mines Enemy Guide.