PDA

View Full Version : if you can 'resist' the question...

MsFortune
Mar 20, 2001, 05:12 PM
this is probably another stupid question.
but what is it with all the resistence stuff? i mean what good is fire resistance when only the dragon actually uses fire against you?
what good is lightning resistance when only canadines use it against you and only hit for 10HP?
what good is dark resistance until you meet dark falz?
what good is thunder resistance when its presumably the same ting as lightning?
what good is ice resistance when the only thing to use ice on me is a trap?

am i missing the point somewhere? if so, what is the best thing to be resistant to..

Lamalas
Mar 20, 2001, 05:25 PM
I do believe the only resist wear to have is something that bumps your light resistance sky high for Dark Falz in Hard/VHard. Other than that...I'd discard all resist stuff...

Unless there is something more to be on PSO V.2 that would make resist gear more viable than it already is.

pcmorris
Mar 20, 2001, 05:33 PM
Funny thing is, I'm always wondering why have resists to specific elements when you are only hit by them maybe 10 times of the possible thousands of times to be hit (the rest being composed of slashes or 'non'-elemental attacks). The only time an elemental resistance becomes useful is against Dark Falz's Grants attack. The entire rest of the game, the most prominent effort is used to avoid being hit period, or recovering your health fast (well, since I get knocked down every time I'm attacked, that's what I end up doing).

Since all but a few monsters in the game actually attack with elements, there's barely any need for the resistances. I often think that they just put those things in there as a secondary thought.

Socrates
Mar 20, 2001, 06:59 PM
Personally, I suspect that the resistances and such were designed specifically form use against the bosses. Just before hitting the dragon, you go back to the check room and re-equip yourself so that you're as resitant as possible against fire. For Vol Opt, electricity. For Dark Falz, light/dark, etc. Of course, in practice, most people will just wait a few levels to the point where they don't have to ride that thin line of survivability to begin with.