PDA

View Full Version : Am I cheating

PABLOparavida
Jul 25, 2003, 05:49 PM
I made a force and decked him out with tons of meseta, God/Minds, techs and a good mag. i did that with my other character. So is that cheating?

Lucas2k4
Jul 25, 2003, 05:51 PM
Um......I dunno is it? I personally think it is but I guess it really depends on what you consider cheating.

Da_Wrecka
Jul 25, 2003, 05:55 PM
Nah, that's not cheating. It's a little cheap but it's a perfectly acceptable tactic to use to make the early hours less tedious, and it's commonly known as "twinking". To describe a character as "twinked" means they've been kitted out with equipment and materials that they really SHOULDN'T have. Twinking your first character is difficult but twinking your second, third and subsequent characters simply consists of raising them a MAG (optional) and kitting them out with that MAG and whatever weapons and equipment you have they can use. It's cheap, but it's far from cheating providing the equipment was obtained legitimately.

satoshi1
Jul 25, 2003, 05:56 PM
It all depends on how you got those items. Did you legitly find them? Did you dupe them? Or did you trade for them? If you traded, you have almost no idea if it's a dupe or not (unless the trader is honest...).

But as was said earlier, it all depends on what you consider cheating. If I were you, and I found all those items on other characters, I don't think it'd be cheating, but more or less, twinking (where'd that word come from anyway?)..

Lucas2k4
Jul 25, 2003, 05:57 PM
I gave my new character all my old ones items but I don't use them. I've raised my own MAG and all.

TR3NT
Jul 25, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-07-25 15:56, satoshi1 wrote:
...twinking (where'd that word come from anyway?)..

First time I heard it was on Ultima Online, and then it was heavily used in Everquest. So, I'm assuming it originated from those games.

K9999
Jul 25, 2003, 06:21 PM
Its also a form of gay relationships where the older man guides the younger in the ways of gayness which makes me giggle everytime someone says it.

PABLOparavida
Jul 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
I didn't hack them I actually found them with my other character.

Brett
Jul 25, 2003, 06:45 PM
On 2003-07-25 16:27, PABLOparavida wrote:
I didn't hack them I actually found them with my other character.

that's totally legit then, how could anyone disagree? you're just giving one of your chars legit items. it's like trading for legit items but you trade with your own chars. it's not like you're duping them or anything. all you're doing is transferring. like let's say u really want an item for one of your Char B, and your Char A has the item you need to trade. That's like saying that once Char A has the item he couldn't give it to Char B. And that's BS.

Syazoerrai
Jul 25, 2003, 06:49 PM
I think that's definitely legit. It's just like having a veteran (a legit veteran) give you items to start you off with, or trading for free or something. So if that wasn't legit, then trading or giving items wouldn't be legit!

monkeyfist
Jul 25, 2003, 08:48 PM
its pretty lame. without that stuff, you would never survive. its just taking all the challenge out of the game. your mag knows that. thats why it never heals or s/d you

Toolfan
Jul 25, 2003, 09:28 PM
Doesnt really matter if it takes the challenge out or not, you are still going to be doing the same damn repetitive thing over and over again for 200 levels.

DolmolmKing
Jul 25, 2003, 10:02 PM
Whenever I make a new character to replace the old one, I always give it the predecessor’s items, weapons, and meseta.

tank1
Jul 26, 2003, 02:19 PM
ITS not cheat ing ya not duping or nothing just giving ya character a hed start and if it was cheating then ST woulda made it impossible for Chars on the same card to meet or sumthing so Twink away.(personally i dont twink much just on my force to start her up then i take em bak)