PDA

View Full Version : is there a keyboard?

DoobySnacks
Jul 25, 2003, 06:10 PM
The last for post i have been reading have "keyboard" some where in them...Please tell me if there is a keyboardor not...and the price range..and if there isnt one yet, is it comeing out? and when

Lucas2k4
Jul 25, 2003, 06:11 PM
Yeah there is one. Its around $15.00 and you can get it from codejunkies.com I think..o_O

DoobySnacks
Jul 25, 2003, 06:12 PM
thanks dude

satoshi1
Jul 25, 2003, 06:17 PM
Or you can get a nice adapter from http://www.play-asia.com that allows you to use a PS2 controller or a PS/2 (NOT Playstation 2!) keyboard from your computer on the gamecube. I have one, it's very cool. Only $17.90 comes out to an even $20.00 with the cheapest shipping method (although math says differently..)

Temjin-On
Jul 25, 2003, 07:54 PM
I just bought a Datel Powerboard (Made By Codejunkies). As soon as it gets here, I'll tell you how well it works.

Kizaragu
Jul 26, 2003, 12:23 AM
Or you could buy a hideousely over priced official one from Japan. (Don't worry it's in QWERTY and has loadsa funky Japanese keys aswell. I'm still trying to figure out what a lot of them do!). I got mine for 95 pounds (Local shop) but I've heard you can get one for around 60-70. It looks a lot cooler than the unofficial ones but your better off getting them as they're a hell of alot cheaper.

Fojar
Jul 26, 2003, 03:34 AM
i have the "datel powerboard" its basically junk that i got from codejunkies.com (25$ s/h included). the good thing is that it comes with a thing so you can hook up a regular keyboard, which i did shortly after.

rena-ko
Jul 26, 2003, 07:57 AM
the ascii is a classic - 60-70 bucks + tax/p/p

then sammy is making some kind of clone of the ascii soon. both i guess are/will be sold only in japan. you'll have to import them.
but they are neat japanese keyboards (you can type english easily) and have controllerparts on each side. so you get 2 in 1.

_J
Jul 26, 2003, 08:01 AM
the ascii is a classic - 60-70 bucks + tax/p/p

then sammy is making some kind of clone of the ascii soon. both i guess are/will be sold only in japan. you'll have to import them.
but they are neat japanese keyboards (you can type english easily) and have controllerparts on each side. so you get 2 in 1.

The ASCII sucks - don't buy it. As a controller it's weird and difficult because there is such a wide gap between to two ends, and it sucks as a keyboard because the keys are no way near proper size. So it ends up being crap at both things it tries to do. Not worth all the money you have to pay AT ALL - you could get about 3-4 Datel ones for one ASCII.

XavierDreamknight
Jul 26, 2003, 08:14 AM
What good would it do to use a regular keyboard if the adapter is still set in European keyboard mode.

Kizaragu
Jul 26, 2003, 12:19 PM
The ASCii Kicks ass. Yeah at first it's a little odd, but It's very well designed. Perfect for PSO.