PDA

View Full Version : Are the japanese complaining about the double save?

Jkid
Jul 25, 2003, 08:54 PM
If the double save is in the US version is in the JP and EU servers? If so are the other players in the server complaing about character corruptions?

satoshi1
Jul 25, 2003, 08:57 PM
I assume they would be.. But you never know, the Japanese can be might crazy people at times (remembers a review for a PS2 game about a guy who uses his nose hair to fight bad guys)

AzureBlaze
Jul 25, 2003, 11:39 PM
I am not sure if the JPs are complaining about it.

But I do know one thing, the JPs HAVE to complain about it before ST will ever do anything. According to them, JP is all that matters anyway. (even though USA/EU pays double what JP does for our Hunter Liscences)

They should just end the double save right now. It's so blatantly obvious that it dosn't stop dupers at all, with that new EZ store method or whatever it is. The only thing double save does is kill innocent people's chars and wipe out their cards. One of my best people quit because it struck him twice at a level over 130. I don't blame him...I blame ST and their moronic "Patch"

Dammit I wish I knew Japanese so I could go over there to their ships and ask them what's going on...or campaign them to use their influence or something...! (yeah they probably don't have much...but it's more then we got)

Reenee
Jul 26, 2003, 01:09 AM
Well, what if they could tweak the patch so it wouldn't cause anymore FSODs? I'm tired of hearing people say "remove it" instead of "fix/tweak it".

Bit
Jul 26, 2003, 01:19 AM
Do not 'hijack' other peoples' threads. This is considered to be rude behaviour. If you wish to continue a conversation with one particular person which has no bearing on the original topic, please take it to Private Mail. You hijack, you will receive a warning.

Read the Forum Rules, eh?

Kenshin008
Jul 26, 2003, 01:19 AM
How do you put pictures in ur sig?

rena-ko
Jul 26, 2003, 02:02 PM
the problem isnt the double save itself. its fsoding while (double) saving. you fsod because you have a bad connection to the server, imho. thus your provider is causing it, not really the servers.
problem is sonic team doesnt see the double save method to cause it, so they dont gonna remove it.

hm...
i guess to get rid of fsods entirely, you'd have to rework the game's network code as well as all hardware-specific dlls and drivers. i hope they do that for ep3/further pso-games...

satoshi1
Jul 26, 2003, 02:08 PM
That would take quite a bit of work, on ST's part, but it would be WELL worth it! If they delayed the game a bit just to do that, I wouldn't complain one bit. Let's just hope they do do (dodo, hehe) that..

lordinviso
Jul 26, 2003, 11:43 PM
Like before everyone said. ST doesn't care if we FSOD they just want the damn money.

LollipopLolita
Jul 26, 2003, 11:52 PM
that's my avatar... 0_o

anyhow, no the jp people don't complain and aren't complaining about the double save. they didn't complain much either when it did happen. JP players are different from US players

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-26 21:52 ]</font>

KaizerMach
Jul 27, 2003, 12:14 AM
Just as a clarifacation to those who may not know about the double save, what is it? Is it when PSO saves after leaving the bank, store, lobbies, etc.. or something else?

I hope this isn't thread hijacking because it relates to the topic. =)

toxic_420
Jul 27, 2003, 05:16 AM
wouldnt it be good if you ever got corupted, you could just send your memory card off to sonic team and theyd do the honourable thing and restore your characters. it would save so much pain and suffering

ryomakuriyami
Jul 27, 2003, 10:08 AM
We should all choose one month, and when that month comes, no one renews their license. That just might get ST's attention. Of course, not being online myself, this proposition may sound different to you then it does to me.
[You can't spell stupid without 'ST']

Kanore
Jul 27, 2003, 10:12 AM
On 2003-07-27 08:08, ryomakuriyami wrote:
We should all choose one month, and when that month comes, no one renews their license. That just might get ST's attention. Of course, not being online myself, this proposition may sound different to you then it does to me.
[You can't spell stupid without 'ST']

Great idea. I wish it would work. But humans are so ignorant...

satoshi1
Jul 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-07-27 03:16, toxic_420 wrote:
wouldnt it be good if you ever got corupted, you could just send your memory card off to sonic team and theyd do the honourable thing and restore your characters. it would save so much pain and suffering

That'd be near impossible. When data is corrupted, it can't be read. If it can't be read, there's no way to recover it.

Naagata_Clan
Jul 27, 2003, 03:52 PM
Not renew your liscence for one month, I'd be up for that. As far as Corruption goes, it'd be nice if you could just copy your data onto another card, but ST did that to stop duping. So all I can hope is that they friggin fix the FSOD. I have to agree, I think I get FSOD because of shotty connections. Playing on a 56K, if my server disconnects me, it only give me the little pop up screen that says "Network Disconnect, press start to save", or whatever, normally I just FSOD, which annoys me. ST needs to do something to fix this at least a little... like at least make it so if you do get disconnected you don't FSOD...
Oh, and to answer someones question, the double save occurs when you join a game online. It saves when you first join a game, then immediatly saves again.

satoshi1
Jul 27, 2003, 03:53 PM
The double save also happens when you quit. It saves, and saves again. You can see the memory card icon disapear after the first save then come back for the second.

Soukosa
Jul 27, 2003, 04:17 PM
Could someone explain why the double save was put up in the first place?

LollipopLolita
Jul 27, 2003, 04:24 PM
to get rid of one duping method

KaizerMach
Jul 27, 2003, 04:33 PM
Ah. I never noticed that double save before. So thats where the blaring FSOD annoying beep sound comes from. =)

Soukosa
Jul 27, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-07-27 14:24, LollipopLolita wrote:
to get rid of one duping method

That's it? Makes me wonder why ST puts some much effort into trying to prevent duping. Even if all the bugs were eliminated from the game, there would still be a way to dupe, since the saves exist in the hands of the users.

AndyPandy
Jul 27, 2003, 05:42 PM
On 2003-07-26 21:52, LollipopLolita wrote:
that's my avatar... 0_o

anyhow, no the jp people don't complain and aren't complaining about the double save. they didn't complain much either when it did happen. JP players are different from US players

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-26 21:52 ]</font>

lol yeah you can say that again.

Sham
Jul 27, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-07-25 23:19, Bit wrote:
Do not 'hijack' other peoples' threads. This is considered to be rude behaviour. If you wish to continue a conversation with one particular person which has no bearing on the original topic, please take it to Private Mail. You hijack, you will receive a warning.

Read the Forum Rules, eh?

Who died and made you an administrator? :o

Barubary6
Jul 27, 2003, 11:45 PM
On 2003-07-25 23:09, Reenee wrote:
Well, what if they could tweak the patch so it wouldn't cause anymore FSODs? I'm tired of hearing people say "remove it" instead of "fix/tweak it".

The "double save" doesn't cause FSODs. It only makes them much worse when they occur already.

-- Barubary