PDA

View Full Version : Rares in Quests

Kizaragu
Jul 26, 2003, 01:08 PM
The answer may be somewhere on the site but I can't be botherd fixing it.
I wanted to get my self a Pal Rappy on that Quest when it's just full of Rappy's right? (Sorry I can't remember the name, But you'll know which one I mean)
and I came across two of them on two different occasions. Both Times they didn't drop a rare. Now I know on the DC you can't get rares in quests but I've read that you can on the GC. Is this true? I thought it was but I'm having doubts now.
I'm kind of hoping I was just unlucky...

Bit
Jul 26, 2003, 01:09 PM
You can get rares in Quests, Yes.

BTZ
Jul 26, 2003, 01:26 PM
Yeah I found almost all of my rares in quests. You have a better chance of a rare monster droping a rare in hard-ult. i think.

JTeebo
Jul 26, 2003, 01:32 PM
What item were you looking for? It could just be really rare...

Say, for example, you're a Pinkal trying for an Agito '75.

Kizaragu
Jul 26, 2003, 01:35 PM
None in particular really. Just a nice decent rare to add to my collection. Just felt like trying the telepipe trick out on a quest and found 2 rare enemies but no rares.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 26, 2003, 01:38 PM
that always sucks

Blue-Hawk
Jul 26, 2003, 03:22 PM
certain rares are harder to drop than others. depends on the section id you were playing as. which id?

Kizaragu
Jul 27, 2003, 01:10 AM
Level 91, Humar, Viridia.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 27, 2003, 01:34 AM
The more players, the more chance of a rare.

Kizaragu
Jul 27, 2003, 01:55 AM
*Sob Sob* I saw a PAL Rappy again doing the telepipe trick and in all the excitement I died! Cheeky git got up seconds after I got knocked down. I Reset the GC (I'm not loosing 90,000 worth of meseta in loose change god dammit!) and tried again for over an hour out of boredom but to no avail. I will get a rare using this trick! Even if it takes me all day... Oh what fun that'll be.

I would do this trick with my friends it's just all my local ones either got there file wiped or don't play it any more. bah! Wusses...
(I could just use one of my other characters though, and play a Multiplayer with them. Thing is All of them are on Normal bar My 'Kizaragu'. I don't want rares from Normal! Anyone ever get a really decent rare on Normal? I think not... well it's not very likely.)

And any way heh heh Me and DSalpha, the first time I went round his and played PSO, We both decided instead of arguing about who gets the Rare's we'd take it in turns and be very adult about them. Then Within Minutes of playing we encounterd an Al Rappy (That their name? Blue thing...) and both pretty much decided, Screw you it's mine!
Aaaah the joys of sitting patiently on a rappy corpse wanting a rare. Anyway he got it, but let me have it as he couldn't use it. Cheers Mate!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-07-27 00:00 ]</font>