PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Attention Artists

Davion
Jul 26, 2003, 02:06 PM
Based on the rapid influx of great artwork by various artists, I have an idea that could make both fanfic writers and fanartists happy.

There are lots of fanfictions in this forum, and I'm certain that every writer would love to have some art based on his or her work. I know I would. In almost every fanfiction, there is at least one event that is worthy of having a picture drawn of it.

I would encourage artists to read the fanfictions in this forum and in the archive and draw what comes to mind. That way, artists have some cool things to draw (and a way to show off his or her skills) and writers get artwork.

I really hope this idea catches on. It would be really cool to have pictures for the gallery based on PSOW fictions.

Logical2u
Jul 26, 2003, 02:18 PM
Ah, a great idea Davion. Personally, I'd love to see my Ramar falling out of a window (see my fanfiction for details.)

Flame
Jul 26, 2003, 02:20 PM
A great idea! EVERY ARTIST! GET WORKING!!!

Umm. . Thats a request. . not an order. . as an artist, I know Im gonna get working!. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flame on 2003-07-26 12:42 ]</font>

Batou
Jul 26, 2003, 03:29 PM
oh boy.... looks like the 18 hours at the art table just wont cut anymore.... uuuuuugggghhhhh... down to 4 hours of sleep.... ooohhhhh.... must.... do.... it!

Logical2u
Jul 26, 2003, 03:49 PM
Get some sleep Batou, you deserve it.

Daikarin
Jul 26, 2003, 05:25 PM
Great idea Davion, I'm currently working on that.

Davion
Jul 26, 2003, 05:37 PM
Great. I really do hope this catches on.

BOC
Jul 26, 2003, 06:06 PM
sounds like a plan.

god help poor batou.

rest your weary head, you've a hell of a lot of work ahead of u http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Musashi_D
Jul 26, 2003, 06:11 PM
lol... Yep, we would AAALLLLL appreciate such a thing.

Thank you to all artists that follow this idea.

velvetglamor
Jul 26, 2003, 11:34 PM
What a brilliant idea! I would love to see artwork of my characters but have NO artistic ability whatsoever when it comes to drawing. I do enough to do design sketches for theatre and such, but I envy those that have talent! Lucky lucky people! It's interesting words can paint pictures and pictures can provoke words isn't it?
Bello!

Sharkyland
Jul 27, 2003, 02:07 AM
I do draw, but I am not good as certain people on this board. I can do my best, but that's probably all you can get. I don't color and I don't shade (still have problems with hands), and yeah, I still call myself as an artist... (though I have a thing for drawing fight scenes). Currently, my scanner sucks, so the quality of my drawing will be even worse. This is just a pre-warning for those who want me to draw something.

Sketchy sketchy sketchy (because I was awake and bored):
Logical2u: http://members.lycos.co.uk/cserika/pictures/logical2u.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-27 02:40 ]</font>

HunterKieran
Jul 27, 2003, 05:11 AM
Perhaps someone can do one for mine? (I am not an artist!)

It's sort of a "dark mirror" idea: On one side, is a black-and-silver HUmar with a hairdo EXACTLY like the avatar....on the other, a white-robed FOmar with the pointy hat. The HUmar is holding a twin saber; the FOmar is holding the Club of Laconium.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterKieran on 2003-07-27 03:12 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jul 27, 2003, 08:16 AM
*tosses several stacks of fanfic papers on the table*

Here's my grab-bag. Have fun! o.O;;

No, seriously. This is a kickass idea. Brings back the good memories of when TFFOMP got illustrated. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jul 27, 2003, 08:30 AM
Well i agree with everyone who said this was a good idea. I could think of several scenes from the 'Do Hucast' series that would just rock as a piece of fanart.

Or maybe a group pic of everyone in front of the giant sand castle from the Summer Vacation fic, that would be hilerious.

BOC
Jul 27, 2003, 11:10 AM
On 2003-07-27 06:30, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Well i agree with everyone who said this was a good idea. I could think of several scenes from the 'Do Hucast' series that would just rock as a piece of fanart.

Or maybe a group pic of everyone in front of the giant sand castle from the Summer Vacation fic, that would be hilerious.

i myself would love to see an artist's take on do hucasts 1,2,3.

and it would totally rock to see a group pic of everyone standing outside Ragol's BIGGEST sandcastle!!! (maybe i should stop doing that).

and with all the new art, i think that it might be appropriate for another fanart comp!! - well maybe once the fic comp is done.

Davion
Jul 27, 2003, 01:43 PM
Another idea is having a group fic written specifically to have several scenes be drawn by different artists for a contest. You know 4 different artists doing the same pic and we vote for which one we like better.

Nerd
Jul 27, 2003, 01:45 PM
excellent idea Davion!

Flame
Jul 28, 2003, 02:30 AM
or, you could just have different artists just do differnet scenes. So the style would be different each time!

Musashi_D
Jul 28, 2003, 01:56 PM
btw, I never started my group fic... I should do it, finally.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 28, 2003, 02:12 PM
This is indeed a good idea, Davion... I know that my Recollection series is loaded with erm, "photo" opportunities.

KodiaX987
Jul 28, 2003, 02:28 PM
Every fic is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's gonna be like running for president, except we get our fics drawn instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 28, 2003, 02:37 PM
Heh... Don't mind me... Just sticking a couple of "DRAW ME!" signs in Meira and Crankshaft's hands.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 28, 2003, 02:52 PM
sounds good. with all the good writing, some pics would definatly improve the reads.

Sazabisan
Jul 28, 2003, 02:57 PM
Ehehe ~_~ I'm already behind with my requests ~_~ But I'm always available after I finish them all (and if I'm not playing PSO at the moment, hehe). Feel free to post at my request thread "Urge to draw, yet nothing TO draw" if you want. I'll get to your request...eventually.

Note: Speaking of the requests, I should go work on Musashi D's request right now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sazabisan on 2003-07-28 12:58 ]</font>

Flame
Jul 28, 2003, 03:48 PM
or. . you could assign diff artists to each fanfic!

Sharkyland
Jul 29, 2003, 12:04 AM
Oy, Logical2U, did you see my drawing for you?

I'd draw if I had a better scanner. I usually hate inking cause I mess up and I need to ink because of my dumb frickin' scanner. Well, *sigh* at least I have a scanner. *half smile*

Raziel_Kai
Jul 29, 2003, 01:03 AM
I should sit down and finish the sketches I did for my fanfic...
Ugh...
need sleep...
need... Bu-Ei rank...
zzz...
ZZZ...

Sorry!
Yeah, I'll post some images up from my fic and if any other person wants some sketches, I'll be happy to do them. Just please, give me at least until the end of this week. ^_^

Sharkyland
Jul 29, 2003, 02:11 AM
Something I would like to see are what the characters look like in the character bank. ^_^ So I can include them in a comic or my fanfiction? It's rather difficult what they look like just by looking at their descriptions.

M_BlackHawk
Aug 1, 2003, 08:39 AM
just a bump to remind both the fic writers and fanartists of this idea of Davion's. Personally, I think it's great and should be acted upon.

later

M_BlackHawk

HunterKieran
Aug 1, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-08-01 06:39, M_BlackHawk wrote:
just a bump to remind both the fic writers and fanartists of this idea of Davion's. Personally, I think it's great and should be acted upon.

Agreed. I'm all for this!