PDA

View Full Version : Worst injury that you have had.

Bart
Jul 26, 2003, 05:46 PM
What is the worst injury you remember having.

I brusied my ribs a right kidney falling of a bike once, have to say never rode one for awhile after that.

Guile
Jul 26, 2003, 06:06 PM
I've been lucky, never broke a bone or anything like that in my accidents....

Dangerous55
Jul 26, 2003, 06:07 PM
Shot in the face at poin blank range with an 8 Gauge Shotgun. Double-Barreled too, amazing I survived.

LamerPanda
Jul 26, 2003, 06:38 PM
I think I broke my toe once...

I'm not sure, I at least sprained it and it looked pretty bad for a few weeks. Didn't see a doctor though. n_n;

OniTatsujin
Jul 26, 2003, 06:58 PM
Cracked open my scull before..

RuneLateralus
Jul 26, 2003, 07:04 PM
Smashed my finger in a weight room accidently.

It formed an open fracture that torn ripped off my finger nail, left a scar that upper right part of the tip and ends on the other side at the lower right. Side effects of it is that I can not feel out of some parts of the finger and a new funky looking finger nail took the place of the old one.

Delsaber
Jul 26, 2003, 07:09 PM
I have fractured my skull. I have had an object (gas-price number tile(#1)) lodged in my skull. I have had a 300lbs steel beam fall on my arm. I've had my head stepped on by my cousin while playing baseball. Bruised my ribs after falling on some metal thing. There are a few more head injuries but I can't seem to remember them... heh..

Bart
Jul 26, 2003, 07:30 PM
Sounds pretty damn painful http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bart on 2003-07-26 17:31 ]</font>

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Jul 26, 2003, 07:33 PM
A 16-penny nail went through my foot, hit in the forehead by my sister with a aluminum bat- knocked out w/ major concussion, umm when I was 6 fell off of my couch and fell backwards onto some picture frames with glass still it it- sliced by buttocks wide open (glass still lodged in my muscle) and had to get 16 stitches ><, got bitten by my cousins Australian sheepdog on my wrist- down to the bone (skin and muscle on ground). Thats all I can remember right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy on 2003-07-26 17:33 ]</font>

monkeyfist
Jul 26, 2003, 08:56 PM
i've been hit in the face with a baseball
here's the scenario
i'm playin third base, all dirt (and rocks) infield, big guy batting, hot grounder, hits a rock, bam!! right in my right cheekbone. you could even see the stich marks from the baseball on my face. my cheek swelled up so bad i could only see out of part of my left eye. good times

Slicer238
Jul 26, 2003, 09:21 PM
Heres my list from a simliar topic:

I've broke all 8 of my fingers and a thumb pain but nothign to cry about.

Bit my tongue almost completely off when I was 2 and a half.

I was in my cousin's car sleeping in the back seat on the way to my cousin's and woke up 5 seconds before we got into a crash. Great way to wake up "ahhh!!!"(my sister) ...huh(me) BLAM(the cars)

Did a 360 on a top of a swing set and landed on my neck. Didn't get paralzyed *whew*

Had my two front baby teeth kicked out from my mouth in Kindergarden by some fifth graders.

Now one of my wisdom teeth is growing in so you know what is going to happen.

Sham
Jul 26, 2003, 09:22 PM
Uh, I broke my pinky awhile ago while coming down the slide at some Chucky Cheese's type'a place. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Jul 26, 2003, 11:21 PM
My friend slammed my head in the door of her car and fractured my skull in three places.

:c

ABDUR101
Jul 26, 2003, 11:42 PM
Fratured my wrist on the upper part of my yard(a nice sloping hill) when I was younger, since it snowed about a foot and had a nice layer of ice on top. Spent three hours in the hospital waiting for X-rays wondering if anything was broken, and in the end they put my arm in a sling and left my wrist dangling.

I was at my neighbors at the local bus-stop one year, and the neighbor kid had one of the bigger, thicker golf clubs(I don't know what all their called, but this was a wooden one, big). I'm standing behind him, walking away, as he swings hard to hit the golf ball. CRACK! Right in the back of my head. I hang onto my head to make sure it stays on, close my eyes for a moment and keep my composure, and then walk away as if nothing ever happened. He asked if I was ok and I said yeah...although it felt about like my eyes were going to explode. XD

Recently my oldest nephew was holding up a bumper from underneath a car as his friend drilled holes into it from above while at the local garage where he works. He notices blood dripping down his arm and then realises his friend just drilled through his hand. He tells his friend, who has to back-out the drill-bit. Then my nephew sees the hole and faints. He's ok, the last I heard.

velvetglamor
Jul 26, 2003, 11:55 PM
I dislocated my kneecap playing basketball. I had to have surgery and everything. Wasn't fun at all. Needless to say I haven't played basketball since.

-[HARDCORE]-
Jul 27, 2003, 02:03 AM
sprained ankle from ddr..oh, one time a television set fell on my face..

umbrella
Jul 27, 2003, 02:55 AM
Dangerous55 Dangerously wrote:
Shot in the face at poin blank range with an 8 Gauge Shotgun. Double-Barreled too, amazing I survived.

O_O
explain.

NodMan
Jul 27, 2003, 03:08 AM
When I was 10 I got Salmonila (not sure if that is spelt right) in my left Hip; it attached to my ball and socket and ate it away now I have a Titanium ball and socket hip.
When I was 12 I broke my right hip twice fell off a lader and then the doctors said it was good to walk on and walk from the doctors office to my dad's car and broke it again.
When I was 16 out hunting Elk with my dad, brother, and grandpa when another group of hunters shot at our truck and hit my in the knee with a 36aut6 255 grain bullet; and now my kneecap is plastic(damn drunken Texan's).
When I got my first job at 19 as construction worker a Caterpiler ran over my foot and broke everybone in it.
Finally 2 days ago when I was out celebrating my friend's 24th birthday we were driving to the bar to get wasted and a drunk in a F-250 T-boned us and broke my neck; but my friends were ok exept for my friend Josh broke his arm(I had to sit in the passenger front seat and he had to sit behind me).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 27, 2003, 03:18 AM
Wow!
Very gripping stories. I hope you are all still well and healthy otherwise.

Worst I've had is a fracture to my skull after falling onto the brick fireplace in my house when I was 5 years old.
I was reaching for some LEGOS blocks built into something like a car while on top of an unsteady crib that was my younger brother's, imagine that.

Damn you LEGOS. You mis-shaped the back of my head, somewhat.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Jul 27, 2003, 10:22 AM
On 2003-07-27 01:08, NodMan wrote:

(All that stuff)

HOLY SHIT MAN!

RavenTW
Jul 27, 2003, 05:01 PM
I've broken two arms, neither of which were mine.

My worst injury would actually be a case of...well, the doctors didn't know what to call it. I slept on a tramploine in the sun during August, and I woke up only to be severly tired again. I slowly walked home (I was at a friend's house nearby) and crashed on the coach, only to have my mom and grandmother rush me to the hospital and keep me awake until the doctors load me with blood tests and X-ray tests and the like. I think it was just dehydration or heat exhaustion, but they don't know.

Then there was when I slipped on a very pointy rock in Colorado, nearly breaking my tailbone and making me unable to sit down for a week.

Dangerous55
Jul 27, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-07-27 00:55, umbrella wrote:

O_O
explain.

Lies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Some of my worst was getting hit with a .22 ricochet in the leg, falling/sliding/rolling down a big shale slope about 100ft high. its an old coal place like everything here. Nothing else bad, well some random sports injurys and a few centerfield Baseball injurys.

umbrella
Jul 27, 2003, 10:13 PM
Ahhhhh.....
*PHEW*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haibane
Jul 27, 2003, 10:28 PM
Hmm... I have 7 sets of stitches in my head, and I broke my arm, up by the shoulder

Blade21
Jul 27, 2003, 11:04 PM
Okay. . .three months ago. . . . .I pick up my Sniper paintball gun.(which ive rigged to make it look like a Sniper from pso) stick it out of my apartment building at my friends window across the street,(im four flights up) and pull the trigger. The gun backfires, catches me off balance and i fall out! Amazingly a trampoline company was walkiong by and i landed fine, jk, i ended up hitting one of those things that stick out of those stores to block the sun/weather, and fell to the ground hard on my side. I was left with just some bruises, but i had to pay for the thing i destroyed, (150$). It was worth it though, turns out a lot of people were watching and someone actually got a pic of me before i fell out,(holding the sniper) im looking at it now, I actually look like a RAmar, with my silver hair, (I dyed it silver 2 years ago and kept it.)

Kent
Jul 27, 2003, 11:37 PM
My tailbone got broken once, that was a major pain in the ass ... literally.

Nerd
Jul 27, 2003, 11:43 PM
hahaha kent, clever.

anyway well i cut the webbed part between my thumb and index finger, 3 stitches nothin major. And i dropped a WEGA (very heavy) TV on my knee. Ironically i had chronic knee pain PRIOR to this incident, and after about 2 weeks, all the pain went away. So it was a blessing in disguise.

hollowtip
Jul 28, 2003, 02:09 AM
ACL tear. Since I'm planning on playing European professional basketball, this has set me back, but rehab is going well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-07-28 00:10 ]</font>

dude3282
Jul 28, 2003, 02:31 PM
When I was littler (4 or 5, can't remember), I slid down my grand parent's stairs into the basement and broke my elbow on the concrete floor. The bone was shattered, and they thought I would have to have surgery, but the bones somehow were in the right place, so I just had to wear a cast for a long time. Probably a few months, I can't remember, I was little. Anyways, that's the only time I've ever broken anything, and I've never needed stiches.

Ooh, funny story. I keep snakes. I've got a 6'+ Boa Constrictor. I haven't gotten bit by him, but my Dad has. He said it didn't hurt much, but it bled a lot. Anyways, I went to a reptile show, which is sort of like a computer trade show or any other kind of expo. You go there, meet lots of reptile people, and there are lots of reptile breeders there to get reptiles from. I went to one of the tables and asked if I could hold one of their snakes, a little baby Rosy Boa (Lichanura trivirgata), very calm snakes overall. The darn little thing latched on my finger, and didn't let go like most angry snakes do. It held on and tried to wrap around my hand. It thought I was food. My dad tells me I was very calm, and they eventually got the snake off of me and I got a band-aid. But it was hilarious! The vendors thought they would get sued, some of the other people there who didn't know reptiles very well and just wanted to see the stuff were scared as crap. I thought it was funny.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 28, 2003, 02:41 PM
without a doubt, the time i split me skull when i ran into a no skateboarding sign pole. wasnt paying attention and ran smack-skull right into it. boy did that hurt. but after 7 years and 40 stitches later, im juust fine. wait, which way is the bathroom? i forget...

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 28, 2003, 02:42 PM
Got hit in the head by a Discus during track and field practice... Major concussion... I don't know if I would count this as an injury, but I reached into the oven when checking my Buffalo Wings and my left arm touched the sides and burned myself... Had a huge burn mark on my fore-arm, but a lotta girls thought the scar was pretty cool...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xHIGHONLIFEx on 2003-07-28 12:43 ]</font>

tornado216
Jul 28, 2003, 03:15 PM
Worst thing that happened to me, injury wise was either a broken collar bone, or a broken nose. But I have had surgery on my appendix, but that's not really an injury, unless you count the fact that it may have exploded, or something.

JTeebo
Jul 28, 2003, 04:14 PM
My worst injury was when my dad hit me in the head with a shovel (it was an accident...) I was very young, probably about 4. I had to get it go stitched up, but I'm fine now. (Unless you count the fact that I think my headache problems originated from that. The doctors don't think so but I do)

s.TiNgEr
Jul 28, 2003, 06:21 PM
broke my left arm

Callie
Jul 29, 2003, 10:09 AM
twisting my ancke
fally off my bike and getting alot of blood everywhere

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 29, 2003, 10:32 AM
Me, the worst thats happen to me, besides messing my face up with stitches,wouldbe.......

Me and my friends just finished swimming,we come inside and eat dinner,well they where about to leave and im like, guys dont go eat some dinner, so they do and after we all finish,my littles sis wants to play truth or dare so where like all right if u leave us along after, so im dared to kiss the window(mY sis a little wierd) So i get up AND TRIP OVER MY WET TOWEL I LEFT ON THE GROUND AND WENT STRIAGHT THROUGH THE WINDOW. i Get up as my hand was the only thing that went trhough the window and go ok ok im ok nothing happened but the window breaking, but then all of a sudden i see all this blood splurting,i had cut my wrist, i just missed the arterry and tendants.
Funny thing that happpened i was going to get my mom to tel her we need to go to the ER and my friend was in front of me and started running, i watch as he is panicing probally thinking im gunna die, and he slips on are front door rug and goes BLAM right into the door, so i stop NAd while i bleed to death,and laugh at him. long story short i now have a scar that looks like a frowning cyclops.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 29, 2003, 10:37 AM
Usually when I dont get cuts, they dont hurt.

Ness
Jul 29, 2003, 10:41 AM
As a child, I fell and knocked my two front teeth out.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif that's awesome >:D

Twadz060
Aug 3, 2003, 04:53 PM
geez, do you guys walk around in a dumb stupor al day?
holy crap! pay attention