PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: 21 slimes...and no lavis cannon

RedPhoenix
Jul 26, 2003, 07:05 PM
After 21 Pouilly Slimes and a full month of non-stop searching, I still have not found that elusive Lavis Cannon...I wanted to find out if there was anyone who actually found it and how many slimes it took to find one. I am really starting to lose hope....

Lucas2k4
Jul 26, 2003, 07:06 PM
nope. i've never seen a pouilly slime. but i'm sure some others have.

Soukosa
Jul 26, 2003, 07:09 PM
Non-stop searching? It may be a good idea to take a break from that area for a bit, then try again at it. I believe the average for getting an 11 star weapon from a rare enemy is 20 to 30 of them.

Lucas2k4
Jul 26, 2003, 07:12 PM
I searched for pal rappies for about 10 minutes. i have the patience of a peanut http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

RedPhoenix
Jul 26, 2003, 07:26 PM
Well, it wasnt really non-stop. I searched for maybe one a day...at the 10th one i think i stopped for a week then came back to it again. I want to muster up the patience, though. I still have to find 2 sycncesta's with my Oran too...

Soukosa
Jul 26, 2003, 07:35 PM
I see. Going by some theories I made regarding rare items, it's best to spend some time in the area before you go after a certain rare and it's best not to spend too much time in that area. Just it give it some time. Good items take a good amount of work to get.

Nai_Calus
Jul 26, 2003, 10:09 PM
I got my Lavis Cannon from my 8th Pouilly Slime... Keep at it, you'll get it eventually. O_o; Took me 27 Pal Rappies with my PINKAL to get a 1975 Agito, on the other hand. It's completely random. It'll show up eventually.

Monster666
Jul 27, 2003, 03:42 AM
Kalonera has a good point it takes time, heres an idea to spend that time kill everything in the room but the slime give it time to have clones and have clone and more clones that could work???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monster666 on 2003-07-27 01:43 ]</font>

AuronAU
Jul 27, 2003, 07:21 AM
I assume you are talking about splitting them? As in hitting them with the 3rd hit of a combo or with a spell like Rabarta?

And yes splitting them does have a chance of producing Red's so you should always do it.

Yeah well Im up to 32 reds. Taking a break from hunting them to go back and grab some rares from some rare enemies back in hard and VHard where you get your rare for just one kill......

ctrl
Jul 27, 2003, 10:17 AM
I just found a Mil Lilly but after a couple of hits it took it's own life, leaving me his fortune, some over 2000 meseta's. Not really what I wanted, but I do want to know if it matters if the lilly kills himself (or herselfs, i don't know) or that you have to kill it to get the rare you want? Thanks for the help.

Weaponslash
Jul 27, 2003, 10:36 AM
Well i personally found mine after 3 slimes.So i can say for you keep trying.Ohh and i played offline for this so it is not a frigging dupe

RedPhoenix
Jul 27, 2003, 12:10 PM
Oh, sp I guess I should just keep at it, then. persistence is the key or whatever...I found 2 more yesterday as a matter fact, bringing my count to 23. I'll go for some more later, but now I gotta take a break from slime-hunting. It really makes you hate caves, slimehunting.

Dbc
Jul 27, 2003, 05:47 PM
well i never got a lavis cannon from a red slime but i got mine of a tollaw(purplenum) i did about 80 fire dome swirls and 50 heat swords to get it.

RedPhoenix
Jul 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
lol, i've been trying FOREVER to make that stupid tollaw drop its stupid little red box. It has been stingy with both my 100+ Oran and Redria characters. It has to be THE stingiest monster in the game.