PDA

View Full Version : whoes the best?

Sukasa
Jul 26, 2003, 07:12 PM
hey who is the best hunter ranger or a force?

fury02
Jul 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
there really is no "best" HU, RA, or FO. They all have thier different style of play which suit different people.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 26, 2003, 11:44 PM
If you want decent technique attacks as well as support techniques, go for HUnewearls or RAmarls... You're pretty much on your own with Force... I asked what Force others prefered and I was told to make a FOnewearl or a FOnewm and I don't regret making a FOnewm...

Sukasa
Jul 27, 2003, 09:12 AM
thanks

Sukasa
Jul 27, 2003, 09:13 AM
fury02 how do u lvl. up so fast?

fury02
Jul 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
what da ya mean? i mean i set i goal lvl for my char everyday, i try to lvl up at least 5 times a day and i can get to lvl 20 in 2 hours. its probebly jus because i've played 4 a while.

ZygonCorta
Jul 27, 2003, 03:43 PM
[quote]
On 2003-07-26 17:12, Sukasa wrote:
hey who is the best hunter ranger or a force?

I think it's the hunters, thier attack is the highest. Unless you like using magic then pic a force. But if you want to shot someone with weak attack power get a ranger.

Zygon Corta-HUmar-83
Yamashatu-RAmar-10

Dbc
Jul 27, 2003, 04:26 PM
hunewearl is the best out of the hunters
ramarl is the best out of the rangers
fonewm/fonewearl are the best out of the forces

Stalfos333
Jul 27, 2003, 06:30 PM
Um...DBC? I'd not be so eager to pick those characters as "the best". While I like Hunewearl as a balanced character who can play single player faorly easily, I am also aware that my HuCast can cause havoc with a good sword, mechgun, and traps like freeze and confuse. The Hucaseal has good accuracy, and decent power and speed with weapons, and can back up her attacks with traps. HuMar...is popular. *coughs* With a strong multiplayer force who knows what he's doing, the droids are positively deadly, while the fleshies are just getting their spells in the way.

The RaMar isn't anywhere near the best of the Rangers. He's more customizeable than most, but his techs are weak and his limited MST is best used for healing. I'd be wiling to say that the RaMarl is a much better Ranger than the Mar, without any reservations. That's not to count out the slightly more powerful RaCast, or the RaCaseal, who can both be deadly with hit and run tactics. Again, in multiplayer with a good force character, the droid far outshine their sanguine counterparts. They make nice cover to keep enemies off a supporting FO, using their ability to freeze and confuse enemies to make them a far more useful team contributor.

As Forces go, I'd agree with you, for sheer attack power. A FOMarl makes a nice support force, the kind that's best used in multiplayer. She may not have the destructive power, but her extra support range more than makes up for it. The FoMar is just a piece of junk. He oesn't excell at magic or combat, and is pretty much an inferior character for it.

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 06:33 PM
On 2003-07-26 19:15 fury02 Wrote:

there really is no "best" HU, RA, or FO. They all have thier different style of play which suit different people.

Perfectly said.

Dbc
Jul 27, 2003, 08:50 PM
well i was going by single player offline and those are the best( i am a humar myself) because after the s/z is added hunewearls and ramarls are the strongest of their class with the best dfp of their class (d/j)and good accuracy, they can also use a wide array of weapons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dbc on 2003-07-27 18:54 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 27, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-07-27 16:30, Stalfos333 wrote:
The FoMar is just a piece of junk

o_O Any reasoning behind that? He's basically the same as the FOmarl, stats wise, with some stats better and some lower. If you're going for a mix of attack and techniques (Usually more fun), then FOmar is the perfect class to play. Well, if you want a lot more techniques than melee... so his ATA isn't that great, Forces weren't meant to be Rangers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Stalfos333
Jul 27, 2003, 10:33 PM
The FoMar has severely toned down MST, to make up for his supposed ability to be a melee force. S/D/J/Z make him close to a hunter in some regards, but his inability to equip hunter weapons and armors is quite detrimental, especially on top of his already dismal DFP. So he's a mediocre force, and a horrible fighter. All rolled into one nice package...

The Marl at least has the unique support technique boost aiding her.

Daneaus
Jul 27, 2003, 10:42 PM
Umm.... not to butt in or cause anyone harm to pride, but the FOmar also gets a bonus to support techs... his is for shifta/deband though... so he is an awesome choice if you want a blend of melee/tech usage and a good multiplayer character. My first character when getting the GC version of the game was a FOmar and Im still using him. I only play offline with some friends and they love his support ability and relatively good melee, that is if you know how to play (slash slash run like heck) he is good. Well hope my interjection was inciteful...

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 10:43 PM
The FOmar gets a Shifta/Deband range boost.

He also has a Grants boost, I believe.

Daneaus
Jul 27, 2003, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah, thats right Bit... thanks... hahaha I almost forgot about that one. Its turned out really helpful against Falz for me...

Oh and I forgot, I should do the usual "There is no best". But I want to add, just play around with them all. If you havent chosen a class before, start with ranger and see if you like. Then move to hunter then to a force... its seems easier to play the game with a ranger first to experience all the areas (cause they are just shoot, duck back to the door, enter and shoot, rinse and repeat)... hunters because most of the time it gets fun to knock enemies around, force because they are just plain awesome and flashy... ok... enough babbling...