PDA

View Full Version : Sega has a ROC,but doesn't concentrate on duping or hacking

Jkid
Jul 26, 2003, 08:46 PM
RULES OF CONDUCT

Pursuant to the terms of the Phantasy Star Online Subscriber Agreement and Terms of Service (the "Subscriber Agreement"), by accessing the online features of Phantasy Star Online ("PSO"), You have agreed to strictly abide by all of the rules of conduct that follow below. (Note that capitalized terms not defined in this document shall have the meanings set forth in the Subscriber Agreement.)

You are prohibited from engaging in the following activities:
Alteration of a PSO character's statistics.
Unauthorized creation of a PSO character.
Alteration of PSO character equipment/item data.
Unauthorized creation of PSO equipment/item data.
Alteration of any of PSO's provided features, storyline, or game contents.
Impersonation of, or misrepresenting your affiliation with, any other person, including without limitation, PSO Customer Support, SEGA, or any employee of SEGA.
Accessing or using any Serial Number, Access Key or Account of another PSO subscriber.
You are also prohibited from:
Creating or distributing (includes rendering distributable) programs and/or data intended to be used for cheating activities to another PSO user or third party.
Taking advantage of any bug discovered in the PSO or PSO Server to gain any advantage, as well as communicating the existence of any such bug, in any form, to another PSO user or third party.
Attempting to intercept, decode, reverse engineer, reverse decompile, reverse assemble or otherwise alter any data or messages sent to or from the PSO Server.
The breach of any of the Rules of Conduct herein may result in the issuance of a warning, termination of your rights to access the online features of Phantasy Star Online and/or legal action against You. See the Subscriber Agreement for complete terms.

The rules listed in bold defines duping and hacking in a loose terms. So I know they might be concentarating on other stuff, thet can't seem to enforce these two ules I've just mentioned. And the double save is doing nothing to stop it. If anyone can notice this has the guts to sue Sega of America for not enforcing all the rules, I hope so...

In reply to message #2, already done the suggestion for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-07-26 19:20 ]</font>

Fojar
Jul 26, 2003, 08:55 PM
you want someone to sue sega for leaving a glitch in the game? what do you expect them to do with the hundreds of people who dupe in the game? what can they do? seriously.

should have highlighted this
Taking advantage of any bug discovered in the PSO or PSO Server to gain any advantage, as well as communicating the existence of any such bug, in any form, to another PSO user or third party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fojar on 2003-07-26 18:56 ]</font>

Barubary6
Jul 27, 2003, 11:33 PM
On 2003-07-26 18:55, Fojar wrote:

Don't you love this? The way this is worded, we're not even allowed to tell other people that a bug exists at all, let alone how to do it! Sega's rules state that we're supposed to deny that these bugs exist. Sounds like doublethink >_<

-- Barubary

DesertFox
Jul 27, 2003, 11:50 PM
You shouldn't be able to tell people how to do a bug/glitch in the game since others will do it to their best advantage...

Aurra
Jul 28, 2003, 12:06 AM
You also can't describe a baseball game to a third party without the MLB's written consent XD

brillyfresh
Jul 29, 2003, 07:30 PM
ok, let's do it the Sega way:

duping doesn't exist
the shop glitch doesn't exist
the boss trick doesn't exist

ahhhh, they're right, PSO feels so much better now that i have denied their existence

but FSOD and corruption still exists .....

primer567
Jul 29, 2003, 08:17 PM
How long is it gonna take you guys to understand that SEGA tryed to fix it but they can't.....

saffaya
Jul 31, 2003, 06:17 AM
On 2003-07-29 18:17, primer567 wrote:
How long is it gonna take you guys to understand that SEGA tryed to fix it but they can't.....

How long is it gonna take you to understand that SEGA is miserably incompetent, or worse, doesn't care at all ?

gallaugher
Jul 31, 2003, 09:14 AM
On 2003-07-29 18:17, primer567 wrote:

Tried to fix what? Duping? By introducing the wonderful double save? Why don't they get rid of that NPC so that people have to go offline to dupe?

primer567
Jul 31, 2003, 12:36 PM
Uh explain to me how SEGA is going to update your disk and remove a NPC. If this could be done in a patch believe me they would have fixed it. Dupe was fixed on Xbox about 2 weeks after it came out.

gallaugher
Jul 31, 2003, 01:04 PM
And why couldn't they remove the ONLINE NPC?

klepto
Aug 1, 2003, 04:11 PM
Why?, so someone can say brb, go offline for 2 minutes, and come back with a duped item. Sound's like a lot of work and risk for no reward.

Jkid
Aug 1, 2003, 04:31 PM
On 2003-07-31 11:04, gallaugher wrote:
And why couldn't they remove the ONLINE NPC?

What online NPC are you talking about??

gallaugher
Aug 1, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-08-01 14:11, klepto wrote:
Why?, so someone can say brb, go offline for 2 minutes, and come back with a duped item. Sound's like a lot of work and risk for no reward.

Obviously I considered that. Either way, it's an extra step that dupers would have to go through. Besides, it's the only thing ST can do so I say, why not?

Jkid - I am not going to name the online NPC.

Rljohn
Aug 1, 2003, 05:11 PM
wow, a guy that doesnt know about the NPC/Shop Trick dupe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif