PDA

View Full Version : XBox: memory card saving

Spankl
Jul 26, 2003, 10:21 PM
I want to be able to play my pso game with my character on my xbox as well as my friends. the game says that it is memory card compatible but i cant figure out how to save my game to my memory card. ive tried to copy it from the hard drive to the card, and also copying my live account to the memory card to see if that would work. nothing is working and i was wondering how to save my game on my memory card rather than hard drive.

AxemPunanny
Jul 26, 2003, 11:24 PM
Well you can't copy your game files nor your XBL account into a memory card. The memory card compatible wasn't made to do that. The HD addition just makes the memory card less useful.

However, if you wanted to play your char on your friends Xbox, you can and vice versa. You would need to go to your character file (wherever game file it's on), choose that char, and transfer that char onto your memory card. You will noticed that the block on that character says "transferring data." That just tells you that char is in the memory card. Now you can take that char to your friends xbox. You will have to load onto a temporary character file, when you play multiplayer.

Here's the crucial part, you need to always transfer that file back from the memory card back to the original Xbox. In other words, when you go back home, transfer that file back to your Xbox. Do not delete it. There could be some serious consequences if you don't bring it back to original Xbox. At the very least, you would lose all the progress you made off your friends Xbox, and the most, you would lose your char or never get to use it. I would first test it out with a dummy char. Load the dummy char onto ur memory card, then take it to your friends Xbox, load it on multi, play a bit (grab an item, get an exp pt), end multi game, bring back to your xbox, transfer char from mem. card to original game file. Note: you'll always be prompted to transfer your char back to your memory card from the temp file after you quit a multiplayer game.

Go to this for PSO manual (offline, player transferring is on page 43):
http://www.xbox.com/cms/pdf/PSO_ExtrasManual_EN.pdf

If that doesn't work, just go to http://www.xbox.com and go to the pso page. Then download the manual (you need adobe acrobat), scroll down to page 43.

I've personally haven't ran into problems transferring chars from game file to game file (on 1 Xbox). I have yet to try to transfer a char from Xbox to Xbox. For you, I would make sure you test it out first.