PDA

View Full Version : WTF!? My Preciouse Childhood Memories!

Kizaragu
Jul 27, 2003, 02:46 AM
Today I skipped work Because I was 'Ill' (Well thats what I told them. You try getting up at 5.30am and not feel Bad...)
So for the first time in ages I had the misfortune to come across sunday morning television. To my horror (I knew they were 'back') I saw the New revamped Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and was very upset.
What the hell have they done to them!? For a starter they don't have any pupils in their eyes! They're Personalities are all alike! Michealangelo not's even a cool, but stoopid Hippy any more! he's.... Normal! Raphael what Have they done to you!? (That's what was so cool about the original, there was a Turtle for everyones taste.) April doesn't even wear her Yellow one piece suit any more! *sob sob* Where's shredder? Those Rhino and Pig guy's? Brain!? Pizza!?
*sob sob* And whats worst of all, What the hell is that for a lame excuse of a theme song? I want my #Teenage Mutant hero turtles, hero's in a half Shell. TURTLE POWER!# Goddammit!
(I'm not even gonna mention the horror that is the live action Turtle show I came across ages ago...)

Why can't people just leave alone eh? If your going to bring something back don't mess with it! If it was such a huge hit back then, why change it now? I decided to try out one of my old Turtle video's and it's still better than most the cack they put on for kids these days...

Any of you come across rehashed old cartoons or shows you used to love now ruined?
(For example: Ghostbusters and Basil Brush.) Feel free to rant here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Ness
Jul 27, 2003, 08:02 AM
When they bring back a show, it is never as good as the original.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 27, 2003, 08:56 AM
What! Rapheal(sp) isnt a moody git anymore? Oh well.

Its a bit odd that their suddenly bringing back all these old cartoons from the 80's/early 90's. Transformers Armada seemed very different from the original show, creating characters for toys instead of toys inspiring character and the such. I recentaly caught the new He-Man on TV with my lil brother, and they seemed to do that justice. Makes more sense now i think (and Skeletor still has to be one of the best bad guys ever). Im just waiting for a Thundercats remake cartoon (i know theyve done the comics).

Oh, and if anyone ever saw teh origianl Ninja Turtles comic art before the show, they never had pupils either. But then again, if i remember rightly, those comics could also be quite violent.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 27, 2003, 11:58 AM
It sucks that they don't have Bebop and Rock Steady anymore... Those idiots were great... One more thing... Whatever happened To Crang the stupid brain and its big suit thing??? And the Technidrome, the "hideout/vehicle" of the bad guys??? Now they're in a "hideout" that is the size of the Empire State Building... What's with the Purple Dragons stuff??? Whatever happened to the Foot Clan??? And the robot ninjas that made up the Foot Clan??? They've destroyed a CLASSIC...