PDA

View Full Version : PSO storytime! YAY!

Fargo
Mar 21, 2001, 01:19 AM
I don't know about any of you lot, but I love hearing about people's PSO escapades, no matter how far from the truth they sometimes are - So in defiance to all the threads about cheating / duping / mag cells / and double sabres I haven't got yet, I thought I'd make a story thread. I'll start the ball rolling with a ramble I had meant to post somewhere else on this board but had gotten a leeetle out of hand. Here goes nuthin'.

Well, I'm fast approaching level 60 now, and as I wander through the V.Hard caves in search of, in search of... my soul. Now usually it looks like I'm hunting for Materials and Grinders, and I never say no to the odd special, but, in generereral, I'm soul searching. And during these moments, nay, hours of quite contemplation and leveling up, I put myself into staggeringly bad hypothetical situations. I say staggeringly bad, because usually I wake up from my stupor, wipe the dribble off my chin and then realise that the situation resides far far away from Hypothetical.
Today, for instance, I awoke from my usuall daydreams of skewering De Rol Le on a big stick, taking him to the dragon's lair and having a cookout (with the Dragon as desert, but he only finds out about this after he's Flambeed the main course...) to find that in my glazed frame of mind, I had stumbled into a big room in Cave 3, and the game had decided to make life interesting.
That is to say, throwing an implausable ammount of enemies into the room at one time. Oh yes, I'd quite happily skipped in a daze, and not so much accidentally on purpose had I Rabarta'd the two Poifully Slimes sent to greet me at the door, not once, not twice, not thrice but four times, equalling now quite a disquiting 8 slimes. And as I led them a merry beat and scampered betwixt them, my Soul Eater singing lullabies sung by a Rag Rappy Barbershop quartet on Acid (which wasn't helping my last remaining conscious brain synapse), scything through trembling watery flesh, I nearly stepped on the Nano Dragon's tail as it was walking round in circles. Somewhere far off, alarm bells started to ring, but they sounded unimportant, so I carried on like the PSO Pied Piper, now towing 8 pissed off Poifullies and a NanoDragon. It wasn't untill I got to the end of the room and got surprised by the Pan Arms lying in wait for me that I actually snapped out of it, screamed an obscenity far too rude for mere mortal ears to behold, and evaluated the situation. And my answer...?
I was screwed. BUT! For for once, something that usually annoys the living hell out of me in games actually helped me out. Sloooowwwdoooowwwn. I could see it all coming! I had a triple quick response time, even if I was as slow as everything else!
And before they knew it, I'd taken out 3 of the Poifullies and gotten the Nano Dragon pissed off enough to do the rest, and once the room was free of all the chaf and lag, left me to deal with a pumped up Nano Dragon and a Pan Arms that was currently involved shooting the wall. So I went for the Nano, teasing it subtley this way and that, swipeing great chunks off of his distended HP count each time a fakied him one way or the other... but then the bastard managed to evade a poorly timed critical and flew to the other side of the room, leaving me to engage with the Pan Arm, which had taken this very oppertune time to split and crack down on me with some Gemini style bug deliverance. As I was squewerd by Hidoon, I laid into his brother, and soon the evil bug twin was dead. However, my health was now residing somewhere in the lower 20's and I had an enraged other half baying for my HUmar blood, jogging at me with a glint in it's eye that suggested it's pitiful grieving was to be as short lived as I - so, I pegged it. Right into the open mouth of the Nanodragon. (we both hesitated, eyes squinting in the highnoon sun, daring each other to go for it first... a bead of sweat trickled down the Nano's forehead, distracting him for only a split second...)
I raised Soul Eater. The Nano drew the last breath for his Photon Charge. The Pan Arm half caught up. I struck the Nano dead just as he unleashed his mighty Photon breath, turning both me, and the unsuspecting Pan Arm half behind me, into coal.
The screen went red...

"You had a rough time out there! Be more carefull!" She'd said as my vision began the blurry journey to focusing. I resisted the urge to strangle the condescending little madam, and started the long, lonely trek back, to rescue my weapon.

Glider
Mar 21, 2001, 02:08 AM
That was...uh.... good.

Rio
Mar 21, 2001, 06:34 AM
<blockquote>
And this unit thought that she was spending far too much time on the planet's SuRfAcE... 8. Perhaps it is time for this unit to undergo her regular maintenance check..

*glitch* *crackle*
</blockquote>

Fargo
Mar 21, 2001, 05:24 PM
I believe they call it 'Ragol Fever'

You never know when it may strike again...
Fargo's eyelid twitched involuntarily...

originally posted by Glider:
That was...uh.... good.

was that...uh.... sarcasm?!?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dark Falz, I'll destroy you or my name isn't Far-AAAARGH!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Fargo on 2001-03-21 14:26 ]</font>

RyoGeo
Mar 21, 2001, 06:53 PM
That was great, Fargo. Fun to read. I think we've all gotten careless before and then been forced to really dance.

Of course the story is better as is, but as a Humar, don't you have Resta quick keyed? Just curious.

Glaximus
Mar 21, 2001, 07:40 PM
Fargo

That was fantastic! More players now a day need to have your sense of humor. We can't be the only employees in the Wise Cracking Heroes department, right? I mean, really:

"Dark Falz, I'll destroy you or my name isn't Far-AAAARGH!"

Come on. That's awesome. If there's a true enemy out there, it's everyone who names their character "PhatDAwG69" or "420Blaze", dresses like Sephiroth and has "NE 1 HAVE L33T RAREZ 2 TRADE" hot keyed. Grah! To the stinking bottom of hell with those fools! I'd love to smack 'em all with a can of paint (a can of paint +%50 fool and grindered to no end, naturally)

-Glax

Fargo
Mar 21, 2001, 07:53 PM
cheers, guys. Hope it spawns off more twisted tales...

Oh, and RyoGeo? I do have Resta quick keyed, but I had to make the decision to either attempt the Resta and get squewered by the Pan Arm Half, or run away and do it in relative saftey. However, I ran into the Nano I had forgotten about, and my tactic changed, er, somewhat.
Oh and follow up to all that? I went back to get my stuff and plunder the goodies, and do you know what I got? Do ya???

One lousy Absorb Armour.
Ooh, the generosity these creatures show you for putting them out of their miserable lives.

In general, however, I like to think of it as a 'tip for services provided'.