PDA

View Full Version : GC: Sil Dragon

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 01:30 PM
What items, equipment, stats, and spells are recomended for the sil dragon at level 73?

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 01:46 PM
If you have a Cure/Freeze, you'd be set, but I doubt that.

Just be able to dodge his attacks, and deal alot of damage. If your a Force, Foie does damage, if you have a high level of it. The thing that kills you is getting Frozen, for then you can't run.

Dodge and shoot, best strategy for it. Bring some Scape Dolls, if your worried of dying.

What level would you be, out of curiosity?

kat
Jul 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
He's level 73 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Basically, if you're killing monsters in forest like crazy on your own, then you can probably handle him.

Read the boss guide here to prep you on the best ways to avoide some attacks (like that underground swirl thingy) so you're prepared. Then just go do it

santaslilreaper
Jul 27, 2003, 01:49 PM
if you are a force use foie type attacks. heunters should use a foie type attack or wait for it to stop then kill it. and ramars should stand back and hit it.

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 01:50 PM
Oh >_>

Didn't see that. First post of the day, eh?

monkeyfist
Jul 27, 2003, 01:51 PM
whack the ankles and whack the head
DON'T GET FROZEN!!!
what class are you??

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 01:55 PM
73 Redria RAmarl.
Tech levels for foie are: Foie 15 Gi 16 Ra 12
Shifta 12 = 818 ATP
Im switching back and forth between Ult Forest runs looking for a God/Battle from a Hidelt and when i get there attempting the Dragon once or twice, dying before 1/2way and Very Hard Episode 2 Spaceship looking for that extreamly hard to find Cure/Freeze. I hate Migium.
I also find the games targeting system doesn't help. I aim for the feet and hit the body or wings for 0 damage.
Also I don't have many good weapons.But i can get my def against ice up to about 80.
Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-07-27 12:47 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 01:56 PM
Your set. 80 on Ice..

Just do what you do with Rangers. Shoot and run.

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 02:00 PM
My main problem is though, he freezes me when he does the spin thing, and then to hit him, i have to stand too close to his feet because this tagetting system is just the greatest one around in order to avoid hitting the wings or body, he takes a step, freezes me, kills me next step.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-07-27 14:32 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 02:05 PM
Don't stand under his feet then, Deal with the targeting and hit a wing every now and then, hit the body.

It may take a while longer, but you won't die as fast. That was my number one mistake with my FOmar, getting too close to his feet. As soon as I didn't do that, he went down easy.

Foie does set damage, and won't change no matter where it hits, so if you find that more reliable, use it.

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 02:08 PM
ok, ill try that this time. If not, back to looking for more cure/freeze.

Edit: Question: Does the Cure/* prevent you from getting that status or does it let you get it, but cures you of it within one second?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-07-27 12:37 ]</font>

Monster666
Jul 27, 2003, 02:44 PM
Would Resist/blizard help maybe say 2 or 3?

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 02:46 PM
I believe the Cure/* items cure you of it extremely fast, they don't prevent the status, they cure it.

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 02:51 PM
On 2003-07-27 12:44, Monster666 wrote:
Would Resist/blizard help maybe say 2 or 3?

I get my 80 Ice resist by the armor and shield and 2 resist blizzard and 2 resist freeze.
And thanks to Bit for telling me about the Cure/* things.

Fanatic
Jul 27, 2003, 02:52 PM
Try using shot class weapons against him. My RAmarl has been whipping the sil dragon since she was 70, using an under-grinded final impact with no %s.

It also helps if your mag casts Invulnerability when the fight starts ^_^

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-07-27 12:52, Fanatic wrote:
Try using shot class weapons against him. My RAmarl has been whipping the sil dragon since she was 70, using an under-grinded final impact with no %s.

It also helps if your mag casts Invulnerability when the fight starts ^_^

Too bad its almost impossible for me to find a final impact, but i do have a fully grinded meteor smash, and Kama can't cast invulnerablility http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fanatic
Jul 27, 2003, 03:00 PM
Well, not too much difference on Meteor Smash and Final Impact really...

If you want a Final, look for a Viridia on ultimate, they'll have them flowing out of both ears. Should be a cheap trade. ^_^

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-07-27 13:00, Fanatic wrote:
Well, not too much difference on Meteor Smash and Final Impact really...

If you want a Final, look for a Viridia on ultimate, they'll have them flowing out of both ears. Should be a cheap trade. ^_^

Didn't even start a Viridia yet, guess thats my next character.

Edit: Corrected Section ID

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-08-03 10:28 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 03:51 PM
Ok, im there, again. 78 Ice resist, and no cure freeze, but 5 scape dolls. Wish me luck.

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 03:59 PM
5 wasted scape dolls, joy. My spells don't do enough damage, rafoie only does about 100. Well, guess i'll have to level some more and look for that cure freeze.

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 03:59 PM
Ouch.

Sorry to hear so. What killed you?

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 04:04 PM
On 2003-07-27 13:59, Bit wrote:
Ouch.

Sorry to hear so. What killed you?

I always get hit by the falling ice rocks, and can't judge how close I'm allowed to get to his feet to cast Gifoie, Rafoie only seens to hit one part and Gifoie I think hit the body and head. Also I can only do about 100 damage per body part hit with the spells, and as I've said, I can't attack from a distance because I end up hitting something that has too high of a defense to even do any damage to.

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 04:07 PM
Ah I see.

Well. Level up then, I suppose. Or just forget about the Dragon all together and just get the God/Battle in FoS runs.

Cure/Freeze seems to be the last thing, eh?

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-07-27 14:07, Bit wrote:
Ah I see.

Well. Level up then, I suppose. Or just forget about the Dragon all together and just get the God/Battle in FoS runs.

Cure/Freeze seems to be the last thing, eh?

I switch between the two, after I just died, i went back to the Very hard Spaceship. Too bad there aren't many Panarms offline.

IKoRaiZa
Jul 27, 2003, 05:13 PM
Well i beat the dragon with my RAcast at lvl 65ish. the strat i used was just run away from him until he started to blow his ice breath, stand under his neck and start shooting his head while hes breathing. repeat until he falls then pummel him. for the second phase same thing except its harder cuz he doesnt fall down. good luck ive only beat him like 5 times with my ranger.

Nani-chan
Jul 27, 2003, 05:25 PM
Ramarls are nice. Make sure you jellen and zalure. I'm sure you do but it wasn't listed as your techs.

As for cure units if they don't prevent the statuses then it cures them faster then the eye can see. The status never made it up there.

After some practice you can beat the dragon without it damaging you. You can predict where it will travel underground and when it circles the perimeter you can stay sorta inside and run after it passes you. Ole!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-27 15:29 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Aug 2, 2003, 06:35 PM
On 2003-07-27 15:25, Nani-chan wrote:
Ramarls are nice. Make sure you jellen and zalure. I'm sure you do but it wasn't listed as your techs.

As for cure units if they don't prevent the statuses then it cures them faster then the eye can see. The status never made it up there.

After some practice you can beat the dragon without it damaging you. You can predict where it will travel underground and when it circles the perimeter you can stay sorta inside and run after it passes you. Ole!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-27 15:29 ]</font>

I thought J/Z don't work on bosses. And I found that the Cure/* either prevents it or does cure it that fast.

Lucas2k4
Aug 2, 2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah I didn't think you could J/Z bosses either.

Para
Aug 2, 2003, 08:05 PM
Cures act like State maintenance.
Cure status ailments instantly but of course it takes like 0.5 of a second to instantly break free because of the freeze and defrost animations.

My experience with Sil dragon is that when hes spinning just run to the edges and run around.

On the ground stand beside him and dont get stepped on.

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2003, 02:45 PM
Finally beat it at level 80. I had no problem dodging the spinning attack after seeing it once or twice.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 3, 2003, 05:54 PM
Cure/ units actively prevent a status effect from occurring in the first place. If you have a Cure/Paralysis, then if an Ob launches its paralysis wave then the paralysis won't even make you break time if you're attacking or teching. (I don't have a Cure/Paralysis, but I DO have a Sacred Cloth, which performs the same function) Similarly if Sil Bob hits you with, say, his tunnelling attack while you've got a Cure/Freeze equipped, it doesn't freeze you at all - instead it sends you flying like a regular hard smack does. (Being the lucky bitch I am I scored my Cure/Freeze from Vhard Spaceship, but this is not something I fancy repeating since I HATE Spaceship) This - the fact that Cure units claim to cure when in actuality they prevent - is in stark contrast to v1 and v2's State/Maintenance, which claimed to prevent but really just cured http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To sum up; A Cure/ unit will actively PREVENT the status effect from ever occurring. State/Maintenance CURES the status effect when it occurs.