PDA

View Full Version : End to FSOD?

zimmk2vgc
Jul 27, 2003, 03:07 PM
I dunno about you guys, but nowasays I'm getting FSOD everyday, and I'm getting peeved off. I play on all different servers, jumping all over the place, getting a FSOD in every knook and cranny of the game, on and offline and one thing is really starting to bug me... I'M NOT LOSING ANYTHING? I got FSOD once when transferring lobbies, and lost stuff then, and only then. I now go in search of FSOD. I jump between lobbies occasionally getting FSODs but losing nothing. Have ST done something good for a change or is it just pure luck?

Rep0
Jul 27, 2003, 03:10 PM
I think you only lose items if you FSOD while enetering or leaving a game. I've FSOD'd in a lobby, and not lost my items, but FSOD while leaving a game and lost items.

Uber-Chan
Jul 27, 2003, 03:15 PM
I feel your pain. When I try to join games I get FSOD, someone told me IG did it??? As well as do I get FSOD at the begining of De Rol Le. o.O

Ghostmaker
Jul 27, 2003, 03:22 PM
FOSD??

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 03:23 PM
Freezing Screen of Death.

In most cases, causes all your unequipped items to be deleted.

Naagata_Clan
Jul 27, 2003, 03:30 PM
I've FSOD during the switching of lobbys, and I didn't lose anything there. I noticed I normally FSOD in the MIDDLE of the game, which I think is weird. I'm just happy last time it happened, I decided to Stow away the Victor Ax I just found, along with the lv. 167 mag I was raising... really stunk, but I got a nice freeze screen of Yuki casting Grants on Falz... hee hee...

satoshi1
Jul 27, 2003, 03:55 PM
On 2003-07-27 13:07, zimmk2vgc wrote:
I dunno about you guys, but nowasays I'm getting FSOD everyday, and I'm getting peeved off. I play on all different servers, jumping all over the place, getting a FSOD in every knook and cranny of the game, on and offline and one thing is really starting to bug me... I'M NOT LOSING ANYTHING? I got FSOD once when transferring lobbies, and lost stuff then, and only then. I now go in search of FSOD. I jump between lobbies occasionally getting FSODs but losing nothing. Have ST done something good for a change or is it just pure luck?

You get FSOD offline? Does it ring? If so, it's RSOD, and that's because your gamecube is overheating. Move it to a more well ventilated area.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 27, 2003, 04:14 PM
I once got a FSOD/RSOD while plaing SA2:Battle :|

ryomakuriyami
Jul 27, 2003, 04:16 PM
What's the 'R' stand for?

ChWiKZ
Jul 27, 2003, 04:41 PM

Well, if I got lots of FSODs, I certainly wouldn't go looking for ways to get more...LoL. Don't be mad you're not losing anything. Be glad.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 27, 2003, 04:42 PM
Probally Ringing Screen Of Death?

Last_Survivor
Jul 27, 2003, 04:47 PM
stop drop and Roll screen of death, your gamecube is too hot thats a fire hazard, only you can help prevent forest/pso related fires!

-RickRenziku-
Jul 27, 2003, 04:55 PM
SWEET JESUS THINK OF THE RAPPIES!!!!!

THE ONLY WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO GO EXTINCT IS BY BEING SLAUGHTED BY HUNTERS NOT FIRES!!!!!!
*cough*...k...

satoshi1
Jul 27, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-07-27 14:14, -RickRenziku- wrote:

lol, when I was over my friend's house we used to play Gauntlet Dark Legacy a lot, and that would RSOD almost 3 times in an hour... My brother got RSOD on Evolution Worlds too, just as the boss was dieing, lol

Clay
Jul 27, 2003, 10:50 PM
A great trick for you FSOD sufferers...

If you are using dialup, after FSODing, do the following.

From the title screen, pretend you are about to start a new online game. However, WHILE your gamecube is connecting to the internet, cancel with the B button. PSO will then save your data...Now your inventory is safe! Works every time. (I think). If not, just be sure to check for a warning saying items will be deleted before signing on.

lordinviso
Jul 27, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-07-27 16:05, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-07-27 14:14, -RickRenziku- wrote:

lol, when I was over my friend's house we used to play Gauntlet Dark Legacy a lot, and that would RSOD almost 3 times in an hour... My brother got RSOD on Evolution Worlds too, just as the boss was dieing, lol

Dude we didn't RSOD 3 times an hour you lie. And I RSOD once in Resident Evil 0. Also in Metroid Prime. Stupid cube I think it needs a fan upgrade.

satoshi1
Jul 27, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-07-27 20:55, lordinviso wrote:
Dude we didn't RSOD 3 times an hour you lie. And I RSOD once in Resident Evil 0. Also in Metroid Prime. Stupid cube I think it needs a fan upgrade.

Ah, close enough. lol fan uprgade? Good luck

lordinviso
Jul 27, 2003, 11:14 PM
On 2003-07-27 21:06, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-07-27 20:55, lordinviso wrote:

Ah, close enough. lol fan uprgade? Good luck

It was either one time or twice in the same area. That stupid scroll in the poison tower. Don't overexaggurate lol.

Superfly_TNT
Jul 28, 2003, 12:06 AM

ummm how the hell do you get fsod OFFLINE???

ashramrak
Jul 28, 2003, 01:57 AM
On 2003-07-27 20:50, Clay wrote:
A great trick for you FSOD sufferers...

If you are using dialup, after FSODing, do the following.

From the title screen, pretend you are about to start a new online game. However, WHILE your gamecube is connecting to the internet, cancel with the B button. PSO will then save your data...Now your inventory is safe! Works every time. (I think). If not, just be sure to check for a warning saying items will be deleted before signing on.

anybody can confirm this ? i've got fsod one time (lobby switching) and didn't loose anything but I don't like the idea of this happening to me again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif