PDA

View Full Version : GC: Are the Seasonal Rappies as hard to find as average rare

NeoLon
Jul 27, 2003, 03:10 PM
or are they easier/harder?

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 03:25 PM
I would suppose so..

Perhaps the same rate as a regular Love Rappy?

Naagata_Clan
Jul 27, 2003, 03:37 PM
From what I've been told they have the same appearance rate as like a Love Rappy, or an Al/Pal Rappy.

NeoLon
Jul 27, 2003, 03:44 PM
ok thanks

Superfly_TNT
Jul 27, 2003, 03:45 PM
well love rappy is about twice as hard to find as al/pal rappy so which is it?

Dime
Jul 27, 2003, 03:46 PM
Twice? Nah, not nearly as much.

And does it really matter all that much?

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 03:47 PM
That's not always true. I've seen 4 Love Rappies, and only 2 Pal Rappies while playing PSO.

LollipopLolita
Jul 27, 2003, 04:24 PM
on one note, seasonal rappies are currently impossible to find

KaizerMach
Jul 27, 2003, 04:35 PM
You mean I've been doing that telepipe trick online for several hours for nothing? (sarcasm)

Barubary6
Jul 27, 2003, 11:40 PM
The game is very simple internally. When it produces a Love Rappy and the event mode is special, it produces a different Rappy instead. In other words, it's exactly the same.

I've verified this at the protocol level by controlling the random seed the game uses.

-- Barubary

rena-ko
Jul 28, 2003, 10:20 AM
you could also tell from pure logics and knowing how lazy sonic team is ^-^;

the only positive thing is that seasonal rappies have a very high chance to drop their rare item (actually its usually the only thing they drop).

Samm
Jul 28, 2003, 11:29 AM
The game is very simple internally. When it produces a Love Rappy and the event mode is special, it produces a different Rappy instead. In other words, it's exactly the same.

I've verified this at the protocol level by controlling the random seed the game uses.

What are the random seeds for each of the rare enemies? Are they different?
If i knew what the seeds were, i could estimate how many rare enemies should appear to x amount of regular ones...
Would help me with my piping... at least so i knew what the chances of one coming along was. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif