PDA

View Full Version : Eerie Music!

KradKram
Jul 27, 2003, 03:36 PM
I'm kinda new episode 2 but loving it so! I've just got to the Seabed levels! And being a kinda musical person! I've always taken in the music in games, and I've noticed somthing about the Seabed levels music its eeriely like something from Perfect Dark ont the N64 has anyone else kinda noticed this?

Bit
Jul 27, 2003, 03:39 PM
Aye, I have. The battle music for Olga Flow is done greatly.

If only you could enjoy it! Blasted Olga Flow. And by the way, Perfect Dark was the best Nintendo 64 game I've played.

Nambrosia
Jul 27, 2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah I thought
Abysmal Ball -Intermission-
Abysmal Ball -Banquet-
were nice too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
And while I do really like

"IDOLA" have the Immortal Feather
"IDOLA" have the Divine Blade

I'd have to say I like

Cry, for "IDOLA" the Holy

more, but I prefer both of the OFlow's tracks over

Pray, for "IDOLA" the Distorted.

And while it isn't too closely related to Seabed, I must mention that

Versus1 -TrickTrack-

could possibly be one of the best tracks in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ryomakuriyami
Jul 27, 2003, 03:49 PM
I love just going through the Soundtest... by the way, who is IDOLA?

Blood-Rayne
Jul 27, 2003, 04:20 PM
IDOLA is the name for a God or God-like Figure i believe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Barubary6
Jul 28, 2003, 12:10 AM
On 2003-07-27 13:46, Nambrosia wrote:
Versus1 -TrickTrack-

could possibly be one of the best tracks in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My friend Harmony7 made a Beatmania version of Tricktrack ^_^

-- Barubary

Zolpner
Jul 28, 2003, 12:21 AM
I enjoy the PSO music also, I think its one of the best game soundtracks I've heard.

Also, I think Microsoft bought the people who made Perfect Dark, and are soon releasing Perfect Dark: Zero for Xbox (My details may be a little off, sorry if so)

Edit: spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-27 22:24 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 12:23 AM
Your referring to RareWare, and Yes. Microsoft bought them. BLAST!

Perfect Dark was such a good game.. I'll never be able to know what happens now..

umbrella
Jul 28, 2003, 12:25 AM
I hate all the sound effects on this game.

EXCEPT!
for the SE 'Surprise' on symbol chat!

Zolpner
Jul 28, 2003, 12:28 AM
meh, I intend to get an Xbox anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UltimateEnigma
Jul 28, 2003, 12:30 AM
i love perfect dark bit i used to play it like it was pso.Wouldnt it be great if they made like Perfect Dark 2 or Perfect Light or something?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 12:33 AM
Did you play Multimode to get your Rank up like I did? >_> I got to 7. Assassin, or something like that.

I'd be happy if Any type of Perfect Dark were to make its way to the Cube.

The mission music was grand. Especially something would happen, and the music would kick up.

Zolpner
Jul 28, 2003, 12:36 AM
umm, Enigma, read the whole thread, its not that big!

yea some of the SE's get irrortating (<-??) like the walking sound -_-.
(sorry if you ment the symbol chat message SE's

Nai_Calus
Jul 28, 2003, 12:46 AM
On 2003-07-27 22:36, Zolpner wrote:
umm, Enigma, read the whole thread, its not that big!

yea some of the SE's get irrortating (<-??) like the walking sound -_-.
(sorry if you ment the symbol chat message SE's

KILL THE RACAST!!! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuugggggggghhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @_@

...And the Delbiter, too. GYRAH ANNOYING TIRE SCREECH NOISE BLARGH )HF@(R)!R)!*RY(*WYF(*^T!&(^(!&_$^(&%*$^%&^%^*!$#)^*!!!!!

Fojar
Jul 28, 2003, 01:21 AM
mmmm rareware being bought by microsoft is so awesome, they're re-making conker's bad fur day (my favorite 64 game by far) for xbox, with x-box live support! mmmm i can't wait.

rena-ko
Jul 28, 2003, 10:25 AM
On 2003-07-27 22:33, Bit wrote:
I'd be happy if Any type of Perfect Dark were to make its way to the Cube.

play timesplitters 2 then.
the team who made it - free radical design - consists of ex-rare-programmers - mostly of those people who worked at golden eye and perfect dark. imho, these two were the two best games, rare ever made.
i personally also doubt if perfect dark zero (xbox soon) will be that great but well, time will tell - would be nice if it would be the second good game for xbox (again, imho! no need to argue over it)...

Zysis
Jul 28, 2003, 10:46 AM
oooooo I like "Can still the Light ENDING THEME" I like both parts:P

Kanore
Jul 28, 2003, 05:07 PM
I think PD: Zero will be a prequel to PD, so we won't be missing anything that happens after PD... but I still want... PDZ... ;_;

satoshi1
Jul 28, 2003, 05:15 PM
On 2003-07-28 08:25, rena-ko wrote:
play timesplitters 2 then.
the team who made it - free radical design - consists of ex-rare-programmers - mostly of those people who worked at golden eye and perfect dark. imho, these two were the two best games, rare ever made.
i personally also doubt if perfect dark zero (xbox soon) will be that great but well, time will tell - would be nice if it would be the second good game for xbox (again, imho! no need to argue over it)...

Yea, TS2 is awesome, I play it while at my friends, too bad you can't go online with it on the cube... PD and Goldeneye were kickass, I own both, played the heck out of both. Heck, I still play Perfect Dark to this day.. Though it does suck majorly that Rare got bought my Microsoft, I wasn't a happy gamer when I heard that news..

Nambrosia
Jul 28, 2003, 05:29 PM
Hmm..
speaking of the PSO music (I think we were http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) does ANYONE know when "Rose Confession" is played?
It's on the soundtrack, but I have YET to hear it on the game itself.. I've never heard "Weird Night" in the game either, but that was right next to "Day Light" which happens to be the track Disk Vol.2 plays (I think it's 2..) so I imagine "Weird Night" is an as-of-yet unreleased Disk Vol.x Item.. but "Rose Confession".. I just can't guess where it would be O_o

P.S.
To anyone who really like the music they played at the end of the offline quest "Soul of Steel", the track is "Can Still See The Light ~ Piano Version", and it's on the EpI&II soundtrack (which I own woot! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

rena-ko
Jul 29, 2003, 11:05 AM
Yea, TS2 is awesome, I play it while at my friends, too bad you can't go online with it on the cube... PD and Goldeneye were kickass, I own both, played the heck out of both. Heck, I still play Perfect Dark to this day.. Though it does suck majorly that Rare got bought my Microsoft, I wasn't a happy gamer when I heard that news..

sorry for staying off topic but..

rare is just a name, all the interesting programmers left anyway. PD zero will have to prove if rare kept the athmosphere even if they had to replace the people behind it.
i for my part am looking more forward to timesplitters 3 (if there's one some day)...

Monomate
Jul 29, 2003, 03:49 PM
On 2003-07-27 22:30, UltimateEnigma wrote:
i love perfect dark bit i used to play it like it was pso.Wouldnt it be great if they made like Perfect Dark 2 or Perfect Light or something?

Perfect Dark 0 on...XBrick... *sobs uncontrollably*

actually, when i first heard about PD0 (before microsoft got ahold or rareware) i didn't think it would be nearly as good as Perfect Dark (which in my opinion and the opinion of several of my friends, is the greatest video game ever made. period.) but now that it's gonna be an XBrick game...its way beyond screwed...

but still...I WANTS IT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deathscythe_hell_custom on 2003-07-29 13:51 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Jul 29, 2003, 04:06 PM
Where can one purchase a copy of the soundtrack where one lives in Great Britain, and it is Great I tell you.

Minty
Jul 29, 2003, 09:32 PM
Rose Confession is played after Dark Falz is beaten online with a "dark" weapon on Ultimate. (You have to go back through the boss warp after it's beaten) Weird Night is the Halloween lobby music. One of my favorite tracks! It's so much fun! Out of both the CD's some of my favorite tracks are the piano and orchestrated versions of the opening and ending themes. Ohhh! The creepiest song in the game is The Nearest Place To The Heaven Part One. Just listen very carfully, you'll see what I mean. Empty Space, Out of Control is really awesome too if you listen very closly! Sorry for the long post, but I just love PSO's music! It's just so ambient and mysterious! I hope Ep 3's OST is just as good as the first two!

STRYK
Jul 30, 2003, 12:35 AM
I noticed that the Pioneer 2's music seems awfully familiar to that one Star Wars song after a while. I think it was Boba Fett's theme, I don't remember exactly though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: STRYK on 2003-07-29 22:38 ]</font>

UltimateEnigma
Jul 30, 2003, 02:23 AM
by dark weapon do u mean like dark pallash or like dark flow?

Nambrosia
Jul 30, 2003, 02:35 AM
He meant one of the three DARK weapons, DARK FLOW/METEOR/BRIDGE. I hate that you have to use one of the DARK weps.. I'll never see Rico. Parasitic Gene "Flow" (or whatever it's called) is just too rare..