PDA

View Full Version : Legit...

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:06 AM
I am a HUmar, lv 91, Oran in Ultimate...my friend gave me a TSUMIKIRI J-sword, which i found out, wasnt a legit one..and i want to replace it with a good weapons that my ID can find, but im not sure tho.(cant be better tho, there is none better) because all my other equiptions are legit, and i want to be fully legit...

but if you think i should keep the TJ-Sword and forget about the legit thing, tell me so, ill keep track of how many people think i should just keep using it...

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 01:07 AM
You should sell that Tsumikiri-J Sword and become 10 Meseta richer.

Shadow82
Jul 28, 2003, 01:09 AM
lol sounds like a good idea!Well, its ur choice do u want to be legit.Its just one dupe, a big dupe tho.There are no weps better but u wont be legit.Its ur choice.

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:13 AM
oh yeah, like i need the friken meseta...

You arn't helping much...-_-

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 01:14 AM
It was somewhat of a joke >_>

If you wish to be a total legit character, ditch the T-J.

That's pretty much what I was telling ya.

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:15 AM
but my other question...What should i go look for???

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 01:17 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=8&version=v3

Skim through and see what catches your eye. If there isn't anything there, create a new character and get a decent weapon that way.

Bluefull finds Demolition Comet easily from a Mil Lily, for example.

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:19 AM
oh i see you saw my sig...congrats...

Zolpner
Jul 28, 2003, 01:20 AM
yea sell it then heal!

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:23 AM
all that caught my eye was the Red Mechgun's and Red Partisan, but im not going through Caves again, i hate those lillies, i only did Caves once, and that was to get to mines...and the fact i made this thread is because im lazy, yes, ill admit it...

K9999
Jul 28, 2003, 01:37 AM
do you like doing shit damage and getting shitty XP? IF SO STAY LEGIT OLOLOL

OniTatsujin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:40 AM
...alright..ill stay with my TJ-SWORD till i find a Red Sword or something good...or i might just keep it forever...but i hate the fact people think all HUmars alwayz get and use duped TJ-Swords and BKB's...

Aurra
Jul 28, 2003, 02:25 AM
Don't be legit just for the sake of being legit, that's stupid. If you have more fun using the TJS then by all means, use it... you're not hurting anyone...

AUTO_
Jul 28, 2003, 12:10 PM
On 2003-07-28 00:25, Aurra wrote:
you're not hurting anyone...

God I wish Phalanx was here...

K9999 wrote:

*Marks another brain-dead dupe user to the list*
Way to contribute to an already ignorant-dominated group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-07-28 10:11 ]</font>

Aurra
Jul 28, 2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah, what the heck ever happened to Phalanx?

gallaugher
Jul 28, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-07-27 23:37, K9999 wrote:

This just shows exactly how much you don't know.

AUTO_
Jul 28, 2003, 04:02 PM
I don't know-but I wish he would return. I can't speakith the legitith like phalanx could...his posts wiped out half of the ignorant duper's/dupe users' posts.

*weeps silently*

Aurra
Jul 28, 2003, 04:14 PM
Heh... I'm tempted to take that picture out of my sig, since I don't really have a set definition of legit anymore. PSO legitimacy contradicts itself too many ways, like this example:

Most legits don't trade. But, what is the basic definiton of legit? It's probably something to the effect of "follows the set rules or boundries", which in PSO, translates to "playing the game the way it's meant to be played." Sure this means not using cheat items, but it also means trading. There is a trade window programmed into the game for the express purpose of trading with other players.

If "legit" is just not using duped or hacked items, then I'm legit. Of course, I would love to get the 200 mind Sato- what better PSO souveneir (sp) than what may have been the first hacked item on the GC version? I wouldn't want use it, but to me it would be cool to just own one. See, I really don't care about being legit. I don't run around yelling I'M LEGIT! I don't even pride myself on it really, and if I could get that 200 mind Sato from a friend or something, I'd do it. Of course, that's not to say that I don't want to be legit or use legit items. Blah. Too much to think about. My philosophy- play PSO how you want to play it, as long as you're not hurting anyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-07-28 14:16 ]</font>

aving21
Jul 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
yes being legit would make you so much more honored wtf is the point?

Callie
Aug 6, 2003, 09:21 PM
no one 100% legit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Lucas2k4
Aug 6, 2003, 10:55 PM
Even me, hard to believe heh? Well if you checked my inventory you would see 3 red sabers and 2 oro's. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

_Sinue_
Aug 6, 2003, 11:29 PM
I have very little respect for Phalanx. From the talk here, I assume he's the same guy spouting off self-important shit about how he's so much better than everyone else.. tearing into a friend of mine because she accepted dupes of weapons she had found legitly, but since lost in a character corruption. He is a stone wall, and while that may be a good attribute to have - everything has it's time and place. He hasn't learned that from what I've seen, and actively seeks out people who cheat to insult them like he has some sort of a chip on his shoulder. I'm all for calling out the stupidity of people when they show it.. but there's no reason to go around causing trouble and bagging on GOOD players simply because they use a duped weapon.

I find it funny that he had to HIRE people to go rare hunting with him.. which is where he met my friend. I guess his "Holier than Thou" attitude tends to drive people to WANT to rip him off and stay as far away from him as possible - as any other player surely has at least three or four good friends who would gladly go rare hunting with them just for the fun of it.

On the other side of the spectrum.. there's a guy I knew from DC v.1 & v.2 who was also "Uber Legit". I can't remember his name right now, but he could get downright vicious with cheaters. I think his card read something like "GSrs can suck the S*** out of my F***ing ***hole!!!" The dude even broke his copy of v.2 in half and pitched it in the trash because he couldn't beat Cmode and absolutely REFUSED to use a strategy guide or ask for help. I used to argue with him in the lobby all the time.. and from the outside.. it looked like we hated each other. When all was said and done though, we'd go into a game and he'd use his legit stuff.. I'd use my Duped stuff.. and we'd just have fun.

Being Legit, just like being a Duper, should carry some sence of moderation with it when you're dealing with other people. Going into games and brandishing 20 "Uber" weps and LOLing at the legits who are struggling to get Xp isn't going to win you a lot of friends.. and neither is being a stone wall absolutely incapable of dealing with people on the human level regardless of weither they dupe or not.

So no.. while I have the utmost respect for the legits out there (The struggle is the glory), I have absolutely NO respect for Phalanx.

Lucas2k4
Aug 6, 2003, 11:58 PM
Who is Phalanx?

Guntz348
Aug 7, 2003, 01:37 AM
Ok, number one (can't believe I have to say this one again) do not bump old, dead, buried topics. Number two no flaming and no flame baiting. _sinue_, do throw personal attacks at members around. If you have an issue with a member, in this case a memeber who has been gone for quite some time, do so through PM's but do not harass them. Try talking and arguing with actuall facts and ideas, it's a lot better then throwing around insults. Onitatsuji, I suggest you observe the no flame baiting rules as well, and several should reread the forum rules before you post.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32514&forum=10&12