MelancholyWitch
Jul 28, 2003, 02:49 AM
post i meant

umbrella
Jul 28, 2003, 03:01 AM
...... you're high dood.

VulpesMundi
Jul 28, 2003, 05:03 AM
There aren't rare Mericarols. The Mericus and Merikle are simply online-only enemies, along with the Del Lily, Ill Gill, and Epsilon. They're all found in numerous online GC quests (none available for XB, yet) as pre-set enemies.

LollipopLolita
Jul 28, 2003, 05:40 AM
to add to what vulpes said, they are mericarol variants

child
Jul 28, 2003, 07:50 PM
It should be noted that while Mericus and Merikle do appear as set enemies in online quests, they can also appear randomly in place of Mericarols in these same quests.

Barubary6
Jul 28, 2003, 11:38 PM
On 2003-07-28 17:50, child wrote:
It should be noted that while Mericus and Merikle do appear as set enemies in online quests, they can also appear randomly in place of Mericarols in these same quests.

Really? I've never seen that... >_<

-- Barubary

Kanore
Jul 29, 2003, 08:46 AM
On 2003-07-28 21:38, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2003-07-28 17:50, child wrote:

Really? I've never seen that... >_<

-- Barubary

Me neither... >.>

Callie
Jul 29, 2003, 09:18 AM
i haven't either

MelancholyWitch
Jul 29, 2003, 09:50 AM
i havent ethier will some check if its true

PJ
Jul 29, 2003, 09:58 AM
Just to sum it up...

Merikle and Merikus are rare variants for the Mericarol, except in the Famitsu Maximum Attack 2 and Control Tower Quests where they are set to appear.

They can appear randomly in the Central Control Area, but obviously, they are very rare. In fact, a while back there was a screenshot of the week entitled, "Rare Mericarol Variant," or something along those lines.

And to end, I have yet to see any of these rare variants other than in the Control Tower quests...

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 29, 2003, 10:04 AM
Can they be found offline, if so i would probally be willing to pipe for them?

child
Jul 29, 2003, 01:43 PM
While doing the West Tower quest, I saw a Merikle in place of where a Mericarol should be. I did another run after that and it was back to a Mericarol. From how many times I've hunted Mericarols in the tower quests and Famitsu, I'd guess that the variants have the same chance of appearing randomly as a rare enemy. I would assume that they can appear in place of any Mericarol (note that I can't back that up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), be it in normal online CCA runs or offline. But if that's true, I would NEVER bother piping for one if I were stuck offline, as the fact that they appear as preset enemies isn't the only thing that separates them from regular rare enemies - they also lack a rare enemy's high probability to drop a special item.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 29, 2003, 02:12 PM
Darn, i was only going to because i could find partisan of lightning and the real agito from the 2 variants, oh well.

Reenee
Jul 29, 2003, 05:14 PM
On 2003-07-29 07:58, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Just to sum it up...

Merikle and Merikus are rare variants for the Mericarol, except in the Famitsu Maximum Attack 2 and Control Tower Quests where they are set to appear.

In Famitsu Max Attack, I swear I remember the rare variants appearing much more frequently, but at random. You'd face 3 of one variant at a time.