PDA

View Full Version : Shot Question and Section IDs

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 10:52 AM
ok I got a question about shots and IDs. What is the ATA requirment for the shot and where did you first find it? Also do IDs carry over to stores or just finding..

Lucas2k4
Jul 28, 2003, 10:57 AM
Finding. Your a hunter can't use shots. but the appear in mines

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 10:58 AM
nah I found out that I had a RAmar on my bro's memcard

Lucas2k4
Jul 28, 2003, 10:59 AM
Oh okay. I dunno how much ATA You need though.

Reenee
Jul 28, 2003, 11:13 AM
Lucas is wrong. You will see the Weapon Shop selling a bit more of a certain item to Section IDs. And the Tekker also varies with the Section ID, but only with items that have ???? in their names.

And by the time you find your first Shot, you'll be able to equip it. Don't worry, especially if you're a RAmar.

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 11:20 AM
and is a shot all that good? is it worth it?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 28, 2003, 11:59 AM
Shots are good for ruins, but only if ur trong enough. I believe they require like 80 or 90 ATA, but the rest of the shot class are around that 2.
They are pretty good for hitting multiple enemys, especially in multiplayer when u have A hunter with u, The only problem bout them is that they are slow.

Ketchup345
Jul 28, 2003, 04:40 PM
Also do IDs carry over to stores or just finding..

They affect your findings, but you have a REALLY hard time to buy the items that your Section ID has a hard time finding. For example: my Redria characters rarely ever have Dagger class weapons in the shops.

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 04:57 PM
ARggh I went through Mines and Mines 2 and NO shots... Someone hates me.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 28, 2003, 05:32 PM
Only cannons and launchers are good.

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2003, 05:37 PM
On 2003-07-28 14:57, Ghostmaker wrote:
ARggh I went through Mines and Mines 2 and NO shots... Someone hates me.

Shots are a bit less common than the other weapons (unless you're Viridia or Redria).

Mildewman1
Jul 28, 2003, 05:40 PM
Personally i can't stand shots. They are very slow to recover from and not very strong. I prefer either sniping with a rifle type or quick death using mech guns.

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 05:57 PM
so if shots are bad what weapon should I use for Normal Mines?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 05:59 PM
Shots work fine.. If your more into hitting one enemy, Rifles work wonders.

Stalfos333
Jul 28, 2003, 06:19 PM
For mines and Ruins, Shot is great(till ULT). The enemies there appear in such great numbers, in waves, so being able to hit 5 at a time is nice. You end up doing more damage than with a rifle, and even buy yourself time (Rangers should be using Hard Attacks, not Normal) since the Hard attack knocks enemies back.

I'd go with a rifle for the caves, since you have lots of room to snipe.

Daneaus
Jul 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
Hi... im a RAcast... religiously... shots are good fun, if you want them to be real effective... try to find a (something)/Battle... preferably a good Devil/Battle or God/Battle... itll make up for the slow recovery time of the shot... and let you take advantage of the hitting multiple enemies a lot faster... Personally a normal shot isnt too good... id go with a higher level shot... launcher or arms are good... if you cant get one... ask a friend with a char on a higher level to get em... also Greenil id seems to get some good shot class weapons... when it gets em... hope i helped...

Sunblast
Jul 28, 2003, 09:57 PM
On 2003-07-28 08:52, Ghostmaker wrote:

As others have already said, Section IDs make some weapons appear more often in shops than others, but towards the end of the game (Hasn't happened to me yet) you can buy rare items. I think each ID has one rare weapon they can buy.

Fanatic
Jul 29, 2003, 12:05 AM
Shots are *very* cool in the early game. If you can get a good one, grind it, and keep up with a good pow mag, you should be breezing through the game untill ultimate. Especially if you are Viridia, which will allow you to find and upgrade shots much faster.

By the time you hit ultimate though, the shot class weapos are almost useless. Good only for picking moths out of the air and maybe a multi-location boss...

As mentioned earlier, you want to keep doing hard attacks, since it will push the enemies back, making up for the slow recovery time.

dj_dan
Jul 29, 2003, 12:20 AM
On 2003-07-28 19:57, Sunblast wrote:

On 2003-07-28 08:52, Ghostmaker wrote:

As others have already said, Section IDs make some weapons appear more often in shops than others, but towards the end of the game (Hasn't happened to me yet) you can buy rare items. I think each ID has one rare weapon they can buy.

You cannot buy 9* rares from the weapon shop in PSOGC or PSOX. You can only buy rares in the DC/PC versions of PSO (ver.1 and 2).