PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pouilly Slimes

Shimarisu
Jul 28, 2003, 12:38 PM
OK, I just got my first NOTHING from a Pouilly Slime. All the while piping I knew it would happen. I cast rabarta on them to split, and none of them died. All the while I'm thinking "You don't really know what to do, and it'll drop nothing."

50 or so pipes later, the first Rabarta yielded two normals and one Pouilly. I killed the normals, then the Pouilly. It dropped nothing. I'm furious, I need a cure freeze more than anything. I sure as heck don't know what went wrong as the last Pouilly I saw I used the same method and it dropped Cure Slow. That was on my FOmar - and it was a duplicate Pouilly after a split. It all seems completely hopeless because there is too much margin for error here, and I can't see properly when I'm casting because of telepipe/other Pouillys in the way. What order do I kill them in? How careful do I have to be? I panic like heck because they can kill each other, so I just cast rabarta over and over, but I swear I did not kill any. What's the deal? I already hate and fear them, far more than I hate and fear Hildetorrs. I'm bloody furious.

I think I deserve a Cure Freeze though, so if nobody can offer any worthwhile advice then I will trade for one of my legit items - I'm already sick of Pouillys and my terrible eyesight and tendency to panic.

I hate my Cure Slow. I want a bloody cure freeze. Did I mention piping for them with a Hunter (only Whitill I have) is infuriating because I keep having to restore my TP every 4 pipes? No?

Well it is. It's infuriating. I'm angry as hell. And to think all the Pal Rappies I've seen NEVER dropped an Agito, but no WAY do I hate them as much as I hate Pouillys.

Thanks. For NOTHING. Sodding Pouillys. Please, somebody legit at level 120 plus who can kill Dark Falz WITHOUT the cure Freeze, please, please trade me this item that will literally save my FOmar's life.

- Shimarisu

Shimarisu
Jul 28, 2003, 12:45 PM
Oh and in the same game, the SAME Addicting Food run, I ran across a Nar Lily completely by accident. It dropped Perfect/Resist. AARRGHHH, why couldn't I have run across a Pouilly by accident and been able to kill that straight off without resorting to this feckless, depressingly fruitless splitting method? I don't want this Perfect/Resist OR the Cure/Slow. Goddamnit, I want Cure/Freeze!

- Shimarisu

Electron
Jul 28, 2003, 12:52 PM
You have to kill the Pouilly Slime first in order to make it drop.
If you kill the Pofuilly Slime first, it will drop something and the other slimes in the room won't drop anything.

Heero_Yuy0w0
Jul 28, 2003, 12:55 PM
Yeah, kill Pouilly first. I've got a couple of cure/freezes, but I can't go online =/.

Shimarisu
Jul 28, 2003, 12:56 PM
I wish I knew then, why the last one I killed dropped something when I killed it last.

Ah well, back to piping. Thanks for advice.

- Shimarisu

Nai_Calus
Jul 28, 2003, 02:27 PM
WTF, you don't have to kill the Pouilly first. When I was looking for a Lavis Cannon with my REDRIA FOmar, the Pouilly was, obviously, always the last nasty to die. I got nice crap seven times and a shiny red box the eigth time. Pouilly #9 with my ORAN HUmar wasn't the first out of it's group of slimes to die either, but it still dropped me a nice 3-slot Guard Wave. >P
I don't know why it didn't drop anything, especially if you haven't been killing them or letting them kill eachother. O_o; That's... Weird. O_O;;;

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2003, 02:44 PM
To my understanding, the game considers all the slimes that split off of the first one to to all be the same one. So, when one from that blob of slimes drops an item, none of the others will. If you kill all the blues before the Pouilly and none of them drop an item (they do have a fairly low drop rate), then the Pouilly will most likely drop an item.

Fanatic
Jul 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
That is not true. I've noticed in the boredom of Addicting Food runs that each slime in a split can drop something.

The trouble only starts if you kill any before you pipe back. Those killed will never drop again [this game], so if you got a red slime spawned in place of a blue you killed previously, it won't drop....

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 04:04 PM
Eh.

To be safe, I always kill the Red one first, they've always atleast dropped me something, Good or Bad. >_>