PDA

View Full Version : If you owned both v,2 and epi 1 & 2 answer this.

segafreak
Jul 28, 2003, 01:20 PM
Which did you enjoy better episode 1 and 2 for the Gamecube or version 2.0 for the Dreamcast?Give me your opinion i wanna here it from all of you.

4SwordFolken
Jul 28, 2003, 01:33 PM
In a lot of ways, the GC version seemed a lot eaiser. I remeber the first time I hit Ultimate on DC V2... That was tough, untill we found some of the new weapons. But now, I understand that the game has been rebalanced, and for the better. Now we can actually find rare items and the enemies are just perfect, rather than death-dealing titains... But in some ways, I miss that. Basicly I like the GC more, but long for the challenge of DC V2.

AUTO_
Jul 28, 2003, 01:40 PM
It was a lot tougher to stick to your legit roots on version 2--mainly because of all the shit that would/could happen to you everytime you logged on, and just the fact how hard the game was on Ultimate (legit).

I like the GC (ep I & II) more, but I miss the people from the DC days. Atleast I knew the dupers back on version 2; now I don't even know the people I hate anymore http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Call me crazy--but I think the DC version was way more social. I don't know if it's because of the smaller lobbies (or the bigger lobbies of GC) but DC just seemed to be a more social enviroment (wasn't always a good thing).

Genkaku_McDohl
Jul 28, 2003, 03:48 PM
the only thing i dislike about episode 1/2 is that tech casting is more expensive than that of v.2. and meseta comes in lower amounts than that o v.2. on the other hand, the countless weapons in ep.1/2 make it a fun factor and episode 2 by itself it pretty good too. i use it for early exp boosts.

EvilNixon666
Jul 28, 2003, 04:03 PM
I miss the keyboard availability on the DC, which made chatting SO much better.... the soft keyboard on Animal Crossing is better than this one... Bleh.

Also, it requires less exp. to level. Rare weapons that I would have NEVER found on the DC (I logged something like 800+ hours between 4 characters) are much easier to find on the cube.

I miss state/maintenence A LOT, but I figure this makes the game a little more difficult.

Overall, despite the annoying n00bs and occasional losers, episode 1&2 is a lot more fun than Ver.2. And there isn't as much crazy hacking going on yet, either.

Nambrosia
Jul 28, 2003, 04:30 PM
I've played all versions now..
DC v1
DC v2
GC EpI&II
(Note: No "PC", but that's just like v2 right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
And I liked em all a ton.. I had a lot of fun on v1 and v2 and I'm still having fun on EpI&II. (for the sake of not taking so much time to write "EpI&II", henceforth I shall refer to it as "v3". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
But when you get right down to it..
I mean sure I like v1 and v2, I had a blast, met cool people, got cool stuff..
But as cool as they were, I could and did meet cool people on v3.
v3 is more balanced than v1/v2.
And rare items are easier to find on v3.
So when you get right down to it, v3 is my favorite PSO so far.
We'll just have to see whether v3's rank will hold up when PSO EpIII C.A.R.D. Revolution comes out in the US http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

segafreak
Jul 28, 2003, 05:27 PM
Many of this is true but do any of you admire the capabilites you had on the v.2.It's true that the monsters were really hard.(When I first reached Ultimate on the DC i couldn't do damage to them with my saber.I had to use spells like Grants and stuff.)You also have to look at everything else.Everybody on the game could use every spell except the androids of course.I enjoyed the fact that my Humar on the DC could use every spell.I loved that.Also the state maintenance helped a bundle.Now it's gone in Epi.1 & 2.Finding rares was easy on the DC too.You could find all different types of items.On the GC you are limited to multiple repeats of items due to your section ID.I also pretty sure that the character stats went higher in v.2.Hope somebody understands and agrees with me.V.2 was slighty better in my opinion

s.TiNgEr
Jul 28, 2003, 05:29 PM
I enjoyed DC version better. You know, the feeling when you first play a really good game. The gamecube and Xbox versions is like playing the same game over again.

Para
Jul 28, 2003, 05:39 PM
Ive played DCv2, GC and PC.
DCv2
Probably the hardest.
Since you load slower than the other two versions, finding rare items through piping is really hard.
Ultimate is insane.
PC
Loading times are so damn fast and you move ALOT quicker. Problem is that you still have to go through the deadly ultimate.
GC
Alot more balanced. You can actually go through ultimate without getting messed up easily by monsters in ultimate (except ob lily). I prefer GC though because it has more stuff and so hehe. Too bad they took out the rings and some other special items *cough* state mate*cough*

Quo
Jul 28, 2003, 05:42 PM
I've played all versions

V. 2 is the best by far. It's more convenient and more challenging.

segafreak
Jul 28, 2003, 05:49 PM
Hey Quo I like your opinion.It's very similar to my own.

Emiko
Jul 28, 2003, 06:29 PM
In my opinion they both have there own ups & downs. (If you want my quick response skip the main body of text)

I have played, and own every version (V1, V2, PC, GC, Xbox)

On V1, when I ran into ultimate I was abruptly stopped, dead in my tracks. I was a Level 98 Female Hunter. I had my Spread needle out and shot three rounds at 4 Boomas, All but 1 missed, The one that hit did 3 damage points. It was fun, Specially when I found my first V.2 rare! My EXACT words "Oh holy hell! It glows, the name glows!" Or when I hit Level 101. And I finally began slautering everything in my way. It that aspect, Ver.2 was better. But the DC versions had no rares, unless you played offline. Lavis Cannons Were as common as DB's SABER, You took a risk everytime you went online. It was a 1/10 ratio, GSers over Legitts. In that aspect it was... bad.
I finally got fed up with the crap, bought me a Xploder and started creating anti PK codes. I had them so fine tuned that ANY PK would cure my HP & TP. With only a few gliches (I couldnt use the search option for guild cards, and so forth).

So, For Difficulty: V2, for Exploration & Story: V3, for Originality: V1.

Locust
Jul 28, 2003, 06:39 PM
hmm, i was a big fan of v.2, but im totally down with epI & II more. i like how the rare weapons look different...plus the new charectors...(unless thats how it was in V.2, i played it like 3 years ago...)

AxemPunanny
Jul 28, 2003, 09:42 PM
As of right now, v.1 & 2 on DC. I haven't logged online with Xbox/GCN yet; on DC I played online primarily. The DC versions have more of a nostalgic feeling to them. I do feel that the Xbox/GCN versions are better, due to the balancing of the characters, and the added features tho.

I definitely miss the State/Maintenance too. Looking back, that was probably my most valuable unit because all my chars had one.

I'd still play v.2 if I could, but I satisfied with the Xbox/GCN versions.

Barubary6
Jul 28, 2003, 11:37 PM
I liked Version 2 a lot more... I had so much more control over the game than I do now on Gamecube. I really learned a lot about how PSO works.

-- Barubary

_Sinue_
Jul 28, 2003, 11:52 PM
There's a lot to be said about Ep I & II, and they've really done a killer job with the PSO name since v.1 was first released. Back then, heh, FO's were nothing but weak HU's with greater mind. No bonuses, no lvl 30 spells, and everyone (cept droids) had every spell, including; Grants, Megid, Reverser, ect.

The online atmosphere is lacking in the GameCube version though. Maybe it's the userbase that's changed, or the lack of a keyboard.. but the people on the DC version seemed much more laid back and open. I've yet to meet someone over the age of 25 on the NGC version.. but in the DC versions, I knew people who were in their 30's, 40's - hell even 50's who got hooked on Pong and were still going. (I remember one 50 year old dude distinctly that I met on PSO who could OWN in Quake III arena.)

I've yet to come across that same type of diversity in the NGC version.. which is a sad thing really.

rena-ko
Jul 29, 2003, 10:55 AM
i really liked v1.
i was a bit 'meh' with v2 until i noticed c-mode.
i think, v3 is definitely the best pso...

Malkavian
Jul 29, 2003, 12:10 PM
I enjoyed far more ver.2 It was a lotmore fresh. many more people. Everybody with keyboards and it was safer!!! maybe there was NOLers but it was quite easy toa void them. Avoid corruption is a luck thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . But I realize Episode 1&2 is much more redefined and balanced and better software-wise. Without counting corruption bugs, is the perfect PSO

urban_Ninja
Jul 29, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-07-28 14:30, Nambrosia wrote:
I've played all versions now..
DC v1
DC v2
GC EpI&II

Its hardly all versions, if you haven't played PC or XBOX

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: urban_Ninja on 2003-07-29 11:52 ]</font>

Asmoedean
Jul 29, 2003, 03:26 PM
I miss being able to run through Very Hard Ruins and finding a billion rare units. I don't know why, but that's the part I miss the most from v2.

*nostalgia*

zimmk2vgc
Jul 29, 2003, 03:42 PM
When I look back at it, v1+v2 now look old and more wrinkled than..............some wrinkly thing. GC and XBOX have done wonders with the quality and speed. When I first got v2, I was really dissapointed about the loading times. Heck sometimes I even walked away for half an hour. Ive played the XBOX version, but it is no where near as quick as GC. (sorry if that sounded fanboyish)V3 has to be the best. So far its the version to have lasted the longest amount of time before being hacked. Duping, so what, better than having NOLs and generating your own FSODs. v3 is also far more balanced. All the characters have been put in there places. A force feels different from a hunter, loads. It was a good idea that the no fo folk had there powers of megid, grants and reverser and other spells away. Makes each character have a unique strategey and makes moulla and youlla have a place. Forces had it pretty hard before, just hunters with extra magic. Now they feel like a class of themselves. GC v3 is definitly sounds better than XBOX with the minus of hacks and suchforth. I don't no why people make a fuss over dupes. It was always bound to happen. I do dupe, but only to back up weapons incase of a FSOD. Don't diss hackers. You have to take the good and the bad with PSO. Dupers and hackers are like criminals in this world. And the bobbys (policemen to you non-brits) are not on the beat act as Sega.

Daikarin
Jul 29, 2003, 04:23 PM
I prefer episode I & II. It contains v.1 and v.2 and also has episode II. Filled with extras and such, I think this is the best version of all due to the low hacking. The DC version was innovative when it came out, and I met some really cool people (Most players I knew were from my country) but hacking was too much and you couldn't go to any lobby knowing your character wouldn't be corrupted by some badass 1337 idiot.
On EP 1 & 2 I'm not familiar with players as I was with v.1/2 due to the fact that they're all foreigners, but it's nice to have teammates from all around the world.
And we get new online quests, like Towers and such...

DualHydra
Jul 30, 2003, 09:18 AM
i liked it back then because everyone had a different hacked weapon unlike now....everyone has and uses a t j sword which is very annyoing....

segafreak
Jul 31, 2003, 02:25 PM
I loved the whole version 2 thing.Then sadly the Dreamcast went and died on me.(sob)Yeah does anybody think there should be a Dreamcast 2?

clance
Jul 31, 2003, 02:42 PM
Well 1 and 2 is better for gaming but ver 2 on the DC was so simple to get on line, you just set up your own ISP with the dreamkey and plug it in tap in your Seriel number and access key when you make a new character and hey presto your online!

With GC there is a hunters license, modem all that shit!

Valleo
Jul 31, 2003, 03:06 PM
I dont know about you but I find its much easier to get online on the Gamecube than it was with the dreamcast. Keep in mind I have the BBA, so I have no idea what the modem set up requires. I hated that stupid dreamcast setup screen. And Version 2 also had an HL, and if I remember correctly, there were alot of people that had all kinds of nightmares trying to sign up for one.

ChibiMyu
Jul 31, 2003, 05:29 PM
I don't really have a prefered version. If I was only allowed to play one version, ever, it would have to be GC for the extra levels are rares. I had a great time on DC though. I've practically been here since day 1, and I don't regret spending so much time here. Of course my motives to play are very different now.

In terms of specifics:
Best community: DC ver 2
Best rare hunting: GC EP1&2
Best economy: eh... they both dupe/cheat
Most character security: NOLing and FSOD vs. corrupting FSOD, you pick
Best c-mode: GC EP1&2
***Best BA mode: DC ver 2 all the way!!!!***
Best Graphics: GC
Best controls: GC

ChokingVictim
Aug 1, 2003, 01:05 AM
played v1 and 2 offline, playing on the 'box now...

thank christ i never had to deal with that keyboard nonsense... voice chat does has its faults, but choreographing some areas of the game thru symbol chat and limited typing times must suck royal heinie

i can't speak for the cube because of my own insatiable hate for the controller, this coming from a man who loved the N64's controller mind you, but once you learn to deal with the assholes, xbox isn't too shabby

_Sinue_
Aug 1, 2003, 04:29 AM
I loved the Dreamcast online setup personally. First off, it really isn't an issue since the NGC doens't have any other online games.. but the fact remains that when and if more titles for it go online, you'll have to re-input your information all over again for each title. With the DC it was simple insert it once and be done with it... every online game used the same configuration information found in the DC Bios.

Also, I loved it for the simple fact that you had a ton of choices when it came to tweaking your modem. My favorite was being able to modify your modem init strings for improved preformance. The generic AT&0 (which I'm sure the NGC uses) was fine for what it was designed for.. but with the right init string you can cut down on lag and disconnects considerably. Not to mention it was a nice bit of Nostalgia, a throwback to the times I used to modify my modem init strings to get Doom and Rise of the Triad to run better over my 2400 baud modem. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ZanMato
Aug 5, 2003, 03:07 PM
I preferred playing on v2, back then it was a smaller population of players and most ppl knew each other so i always had friends online to play with.

However i have found ep 1&2 easier to play especially in Ult mode and the cheating is nowhere near as bad as the dc days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Aug 5, 2003, 03:27 PM
my order of preference 1. ep1-2, 2.v2, 3.v1
so from v1 to v3/ep2, i prefer ep2..
new weps, new chars, more balanced, etc..
plus i can get online!
during my dc days, i couldnt get online w/my bb 'conexion' so it wasnt that fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Savrak
Aug 6, 2003, 04:08 AM
I miss my friends from V.1 and 2. But overall I enjoy GC verison.

Anyone know

Camoflage
Dark Avenger
Zee
{GS} Dalthos

That was my crew in DC. so maybe you could relate me to them. Theres one more but i can't think of his name (he gave me all his rares then restarted his character, nicest thing ever seen.)

I also miss the feeling when your in Normal and Hard mode when a lvl100 came in. You know he'd help you give you some stuff and generally be an awesome guy. I go into a normal or hard game now and i get told to *go away in most unplesant turms."