PDA

View Full Version : Hard Mode's Rare Treasures

Reenee
Jul 28, 2003, 04:45 PM
I'm with my PINKAL FOnewm (and he's been the only character I've made since I got my FSOD corruption), and I'm going through Hard Mode Episode II so I can gather info to create and submit a couple of more guides to PSO World.

So finally I reach the Seabed, and I'm thinking, "Crap, if this place gave my RAmarl a bitching time, I can't even imagine what it'd do to a Level 50 FOnewm."

I was rather right. Not only my FOnewm's base DFP was still in the double-digits, but I actually managed rather well. It's just that those stupid Sinow Zoas did me in with one hit from their jumping slams...out of nowhere. It was unfair to me that I could simply not see where they were coming from and I had to pay a visit back to Pioneer 2 to learn. Not to mention the fact that they'd still leap at me when I get back.

*sigh* So with trusty Club of Laconium and Broom on hand, I Gizonde the Dolmolms (Zonde on individual ones), Foie'd the Dolmdarls, Recoboxes, Sinow Zoas, and Delbiters (he's the lucky one; more on that in a moment), and Zonde the Zeles, the Morfos', and Deldepths.

So I'm in Seabed Lower Levels when I reach one of those large rectangular rooms where two Morfos and a Delbiter appear. I'm sure that was the last place a Delbiter would appear in the level. So, I turn the camera around so that the Morfos couldn't even attack me (it's probably not a well-known trick: if you make it so that the game camera isn't seeing any visible Morfos in the area, the Morfos will NOT attack at all). It was an easy fight, and then I saw a Red Box where I swear I saw that Delbiter.

Fatsia was mine:

PINKAL
Hard Mode Seabed
Level 50 (semi-first run; I was playing earlier, but I turned off the Gamecube to go out somewhere)
Item: Fatsia (it's a Rod that boosts MST, but it's not strong on its own; it can be combined with Magic Water to create the Plantain Huge Fan, a neat and rather powerful Partisan that requires MST to equip).

Sometimes Hard Mode just rules.

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2003, 05:03 PM
*is jealous* I beat Hard Gibbles probably over 60 times to try to get a Fatsia but never saw it. Why can it be so nice with my Purplenum and give her plenty of Cross Scars but not give my Skyly a Fatsia?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 05:34 PM
Not bad.

I scored myself a Sting Tip a while back from a Deldepth in Vhard.

Tp stealing + FOnewearl = Not as many fluids.

Reenee
Jul 28, 2003, 05:40 PM
Something's wrong:

I traded for a Magic Water and even when I have enough base MST, I still can't combine the Fatsia and the Magic Water!

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 05:42 PM
Are you level 100?

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2003, 05:44 PM
Are you level 100?

Logical2u
Jul 28, 2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Hard Mode DOES rule! I was online yesterday with my Humar (now highly twinked) and he got double teamed by some Hildebears! I died (once) but got Scape'd and waited until I got my P-Blast and killed them both... and I looked around laughing, and then I saw the Red Box! I tried to equip, but it needed another 100 atp... I got it tekked...

Flowen's Sword with 0/0/15/0 ... the first rare with % I've legitly found online.

PJ
Jul 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
Now THAT'S a weapon i want! I should get my FOnewearl to the Seabed! *needs to do all of Episode II, hasn't even started it o.x*

Reenee
Jul 28, 2003, 09:25 PM
WHAAAAAAAT!? That thing needs to...

I gotta be...!

...... (yes, that was 6 dots)

I'm going to kill Sonic Team. WHY THE BLOODY FRICK DO I HAVE TO BE LEVEL 100 WHEN I CAN EQUIP THE DAMN THING!?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 09:26 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You need to be level 100 for Alot Of the weapon conversions.

My FOmar could easily Equip a Twinkle Star, But I must wait until level 100 to do so.

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2003, 09:50 PM
On 2003-07-28 19:25, Reenee wrote:
I'm going to kill Sonic Team. WHY THE BLOODY FRICK DO I HAVE TO BE LEVEL 100 WHEN I CAN EQUIP THE DAMN THING!?

My guess is that they did that to help keep lower level characters from using the better weapons.

Reenee
Jul 29, 2003, 05:45 PM
On 2003-07-28 19:50, Kalonera wrote:

My guess is that they did that to help keep lower level characters from using the better weapons.

Hmm, you're right. Plantain Huge Fan is right up there with Imperial Pick.

PJ
Jul 29, 2003, 05:47 PM
Of course, you could give it to another character that was level 100 to merge it.

And if you're online, I volunteer! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Monomate
Jul 29, 2003, 06:43 PM
Im confused...

on the item database it has the Fatsia as a 10 star and the description is 'A huge leaf. Weapon becomes more powerful when in contact with water.' and for Plantain Leaf it is a 9 star and the description is 'A Huge Leaf. When equipped increases your mental strength by 20.'

but...i have Plantain Leaf...100% legit (im offline) from an offline Gibbles on hard. it is a 10 star, and the description is the same as that for the Fatsia. Im freakin confused!!! someone please explain!!!

sorry, i didn't want to make a new post when you were all talkin about the fatsia here...

Bit
Jul 29, 2003, 07:26 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302

If you use the Plantain Leaf with a Magic Water, you get a Plantain Fan.