PDA

View Full Version : XBox: More than 4 chars?

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 07:59 PM
I just want to make sure you can... and if you can and do how do you switch between them?

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Jul 28, 2003, 09:27 PM
You can have 12 characters total, and even more if you want temp. characters on your memory card. When you select your character in the beginning, all of your characters are listed there.

kat
Jul 28, 2003, 10:32 PM
Game cube wise, you need another memory card to have more than four. Each memory card holds four. To switch stuff between characters on different memory cards, have both cards in the system and do multimode. Then select which character(s) you want from card A and then use the temp characters option to transfer over characters from slot B.

At the end of the session when you quit the game, make sure you transfer the temporary characters back to slot B.

Ghostmaker
Jul 28, 2003, 10:53 PM
Note it is Xbox not GC

Emiko
Jul 29, 2003, 04:19 AM
Okay, here goes my explination....
You may have upto 48 characters, thats right, 48 stored on you Xbox Hard Drive!
But...
There are four slots... I will refer to them a Slot1, slot2, slot3, and slot4.

You may have up to 12 characters PER SLOT. Any characters in slot1 can trade items with any other character in slot1. But to trade items for characters in different slots you need a memory card. Its as simple as that. So to trade items between a character in slot1 and a character in slot2 you need a memory card.

This is all possible by the power of a built in hard drive!