PDA

View Full Version : I've got a newbie question

Jeff86
Jul 28, 2003, 09:06 PM
I guess this is kinda a newbie question but I'll never know unless I ask, right?
How does a weapon being untekked prove that it is legit and not duped or hacked?

silvermax
Jul 28, 2003, 09:07 PM
i duno... wouldnt they just dupe the Unteched item?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 09:08 PM
It doesn't, really. Just most of the time people don't have untekked duped stuff, for the special would never work, and it doesn't really make any sense.

People leave things untekked because they feel it proves the 'legitness' of an item.

Foolish, really.

Guntz348
Jul 28, 2003, 09:12 PM
There really is no way to prove weather or not it's a dupe. When you dupe an item you make an exact copy of it. Theres no way to tell the difference between the dupe and the original. The only thing you can do is pay attention to %'s. Many of the dupes floating around all have the same percents. For example the sange&yashas with 30 machine, lavis cannon with 20 native, all these are dead give aways that a weapon is a dupe.

The hacks are a bit different sometimes. If the item is something that you know not to normally exsist in the game, or go against the rules of the game, you know its a hack. For example the 200 mind/pow satos are all hacks. It's impossible to make a mag with 200 in one of those 2 two stats, let alone have it be a rare mag, that has prerequisits for it to evolve into that mag.

lordinviso
Jul 28, 2003, 10:03 PM
Untekks just make it somewhat easier being the different percents and all. It really doesn't prove the item is false at all.

Jeff86
Jul 28, 2003, 10:16 PM
Weapons don't have to be tekked to be traded, right?

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 10:17 PM
Not that I know of, An item is an item.

Having it be untekked shouldn't have anything to do with it being tradeable.

Jeff86
Jul 28, 2003, 10:21 PM
Well, thanks everyone!