PDA

View Full Version : Modem Adapter

MQuantum
Jul 29, 2003, 10:09 AM
I have Dial up connection, so I need a Modem adapter, right? Well, anytime someone calls, it kicks me off the Internet, and I was wondering if that would have any bad effects on my game if I were playing at the moment. I really want to get connected, but I am not going to waste time and money if I can't play for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Benoit
Jul 29, 2003, 01:04 PM
If your line gets disconnected, the game will probably notice this and urge you to save and quit the game.

satoshi1
Jul 29, 2003, 01:29 PM
I heard there was some number you could put before the dialing number that would give callers a busy signal, that's how it should work anyway.. You'll have to ask modem users though, I use a BBA...

VioletSkye
Jul 29, 2003, 02:01 PM
Im on BBA also (thank god) but a friend of mine uses dialup and he says when someone calls, it lags for abit then gives the error your line has been disconnected message, then either you press start to save it and return to the main menu, or it saves automatically and returns to the main screen. Either way, you can save and it won't mess with your char. The only downside is Dialup users are alot more prone to FSOD.

"dialup is the devil lol"

MQuantum
Jul 29, 2003, 02:10 PM
A number that will give a busy signal? That sounds familiar, but I don't know it. I think that's what I've been searching for these years!

Rich_T
Jul 30, 2003, 02:03 PM
if you are in the UK, try calling BT on 150 for help[.

MQuantum
Jul 30, 2003, 03:34 PM
More FSOD is the only draw back huh? Oh well, I guess I'll try it anyway. There are probably more thing worse than FSOD... *thinks hard*

Krawz
Jul 30, 2003, 04:57 PM
There should be a number you can put in with your dialing options to disable call waiting. I think it's different for each phone company though. Could give them a call.