PDA

View Full Version : OMFG!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

Caecilius
Jul 29, 2003, 02:35 PM
The GameFAQs boards tell me that there is a proposed MASS FSOD-X planned by this group of uber-hacks called Infamous Gamers or something... Anyway, the thrad says that this group are going to corrupt the whole of the US servers, and probably the US and JP ones too. I'm making a new character as I type this, that way I won't suffer so much. It took me goddamn ages to find that Agito and the MKB, I'm not having 400+ hours of blood, sweat and tears going down the crapper provided that this hack goes ahead.
I'm just praying that the hack doesn't go ahead.

If it helps anbody, ask on GameFAQs about this guy Nugz. I hear he's best mates with Barubary (who is supposed to be co-making this virus).

Logical2u
Jul 29, 2003, 02:42 PM
InFaMoUsNuGz is an uber hacker/duper who proclaims 'i duno how 2 hack'. Barubary is the foremost information giver on Duping/Hacking.
Most people doubt that infamous can FSOD, and if yo DO get FSOD it is highly unlikely that you'll corrupt... besides, they'd need what, 48 x 10 x 15 people to do it... 7200 people to FSOD every lobby, and if there WAS a virus in PSO then you'd all just get DCed and nothing would happen.

gallaugher
Jul 29, 2003, 02:47 PM
On gfaqs they're talking about fsodx, not fsod. I saw it a few days ago. I don't believe it for a second. I could go over there & post that I'm going to turn everyone into butterflies. That doesn't mean that I can.

Rljohn
Jul 29, 2003, 04:27 PM
i wouldnt bet they are a bunch of 12-year old kids with no friends and abusive parents, saying they gonna do stuff to get attention

lolita edit: rule 19: Choose your vocabulary wisely, do not call people "Gay" or use the offensive term "JAP". Whether your using the word offensively or not do not use such slurs. Think before posting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-29 19:37 ]</font>

Aurra
Jul 29, 2003, 05:11 PM
There is absolutely no way Baru is planning to FSODX the entire PSO population. I would seriously put money on that. Plus, do you guys even know what FSODX is? It's when you FSOD during a save. Unless they're planning on making everyone save and then FSODing them, they're not planning to FSODX everybody.

Getintothegame
Jul 29, 2003, 05:26 PM
You would have to join a game with someone from that clan for it to happen

I'll try to update this later, BUT I am starting to think this is a hoax that people are trying to make the PSO community panic.

This virus would have to be extremely complex. The servers were made so if there was any tampering with the servers, that server would DISCONNECT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-07-29 15:29 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jul 29, 2003, 05:35 PM
IG isnt nothing. They think everyone else are noobs its funny. Dont worry about them

Getintothegame
Jul 29, 2003, 05:43 PM
Well, me and my friend were talking on AIM and he said he found this off of Phantasy Bar:
It has recently come to my attention that there are plans to hack the US server, causing corruption to everyone who happens to be online at the time. We don't know when it's supposed to happen, or who's planning to do it. The only thing we know is that it's supposed to happen.
Now, my theory is that the InFaMoUs GaMeRz are doing this. I used to be in it until I knew a few days later that most of them Hack/Dupe.
I bet Sega is looking for that idiot nUgZ, so if you have his card, report him.
Note that this is ONLY A THEORY! This might just be a rumor for all I know. But, still, watch out.

Kinda sounds like a hoax, still.

Update:

It has recently come to my attention that there are plans to hack the US server, causing corruption to everyone who happens to be online at the time. We don't know when it's supposed to happen, or who's planning to do it. The only thing we know is that it's supposed to happen.

Regardless of wether this threat is real, or not, I am going to temporarily move the PBO block over to EU/Sipca:4, the Ragol Gazette block. If nothing happens in about a month, then I'm going to go ahead and move PBO back to US/Deneb:8.

In the mean time, I suggest everyone stays away from the US servers until we can gather more information.

If anyone finds out more, please post it under here.

I will edit this post with any new information.

Another update...

Yes, well this rumour has become a wild fire of one. Many of the people that I usually play with are all on the Europe ships and no one trust anyone anymore. Some one said that the whole thing is going down toward the end of the summer, but don't know what their going to do. The idea is interesting and scary. BAH! I'm going to go out and get a bagel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-07-29 15:50 ]</font>

kitomaka_ck
Jul 29, 2003, 05:55 PM
the closest i have to nugz's card is drognan's card, nugz's favored companion. i will keep trying to get nugz's card. but couldnt ST just ban him anyways? even without his card number?

ginko990
Jul 29, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-07-29 15:11, Aurra wrote:
There is absolutely no way Baru is planning to FSODX the entire PSO population. I would seriously put money on that. Plus, do you guys even know what FSODX is? It's when you FSOD during a save. Unless they're planning on making everyone save and then FSODing them, they're not planning to FSODX everybody.

Agreed, Barubary usually isnt one to corrupt/FSOD people. While he does create codes and sometimes releases them, i seriously doubt that hes co-planning on corrupting everyone.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 29, 2003, 09:47 PM
He does that to the xbox servers hes gonna have to watch every window he walks 200 feet from cause ill be in one with a silenced rifle

Temjin-On
Jul 29, 2003, 10:10 PM
Read My InFaMoUsGaMeRz Revealed Post here, it sheds some light on IG and they are just a bunch of people who think there cool, nothing more.

STRYK
Jul 30, 2003, 02:24 AM
Alright, I'm semi-new to this whole thing. Could someone explain exactly what FSODX is?

Guntz348
Jul 30, 2003, 04:30 AM
On 2003-07-30 00:24, STRYK wrote:
Alright, I'm semi-new to this whole thing. Could someone explain exactly what FSODX is?

FSODX is frozen screen of death and you character gets corrupted. What this means is the screen will freeze and you'll have to shut off the system and restart it to unfreeze it, similar to when your computer freezes and you must restart. FSODX, the corrupting kind, usually happens when your game locks up while it is saving. This means it doesnt complete the save and since you power off, its only a half saved file, which is corrupt. You then lose all data on that memory card.

EliteDragoon
Jul 30, 2003, 08:06 AM
just get PSO for XBOX

gallaugher
Jul 30, 2003, 09:14 AM
On 2003-07-30 06:06, EliteDragoon wrote:
just get PSO for XBOX

I'd guess most of the people here already have pso. I doubt many people will go out & buy the xbox version just out of fear of this hoax.

SlashEdgewind
Jul 30, 2003, 10:14 AM
ya know I think it would've been a nice idea if something like that.. like power going off or whatever while saving or FSODX.. whatever, if the memory card has something where if it doesn't get a full save data then it just doesn't count it and then sets everything like it was back to the last time soemthing was saved on it... not that I know how to do anything of what I'm talking about... but that would be a nice handy way to prevent FSODX... and perhaps any other time where you're playing a game and some wierd shit happens...

Slash

gallaugher
Jul 30, 2003, 10:57 AM
great idea but it is overwriting that data while it's trying to save so there would be nothing to revert to.

Riu_000
Jul 30, 2003, 12:25 PM
This is just incredibly stupid...I'm not even gonna bother insulting you, because making a post about something like this just unsults yourself.

kitomaka_ck
Jul 30, 2003, 05:14 PM
i played with this guy last night who told me nugzs card number. ill post it when i get home. ill also have to confirm it is the real number, ill just say "hey nugz xxxxxxxxxx is your card # right?" he should say something like "YOU HAVE MY CARD!?" or "......." will that even help if it IS his number?

Uber-Chan
Jul 31, 2003, 10:31 AM
>_> Im stayin' on UK ships for a little while...<_<; Wouldn't want anything to happen to my uber level 76 char...>>;; Yeah..I said Uber.

Callie
Aug 5, 2003, 11:14 AM
stay where you want i can uncorrupt people but it delets your cards or you can run and hide still wont save you hackers are going to try to get every ship closed but vega block 1 and all the lobbys how i know so much is because i learnd it took me forever though please beleive me

LilWashu
Aug 5, 2003, 02:32 PM
BAH! I'm going to go out and get a bagel.

Mmmmmmmm bagels!!! Ahem.. anyways my 10 million liras worth oh I mean 2 cents. Alot of times someone goes around. Boasting their gonna infect this or that. Is usually just that.. Boasting. I usually don't take them seriously at all. And most of the time it's from people with no life or no clue for that matter. But on the other hand.. anything is possible.. And knowing some people. They like to mess with everyone else having fun. Kinda reminds me of Columbine or somewhere else. Hmmm.. anyways Just be careful..

Zarana
Aug 5, 2003, 08:55 PM
What, are you kidding? Pigs will be soaring in the skies before the Idiot Gang ever has the ability to corrupt me. Let them try. In fact, I encourage it. They'll just be soundly torn apart by me in the Lobby like the witless children they are.

Kujin
Aug 5, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-08-05 18:55, Zarana wrote:
They'll just be soundly torn apart by me in the Lobby like the witless children they are.

you can't win against celisse. she rules in the old way. not the new way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

this is off topic but: i thought that barubary was female. why are people saying he?

TheDarkRaven
Aug 6, 2003, 04:16 AM
All IG members are charmed by one word....Bacon. I know this from self-experience. Say "Bacon" while near an IG dude and watch the "lols" fly. This isnt guaranteed to work so dont sue me for my idiocy.

BACON!!1!!!!111!!!1

Mystil
Aug 6, 2003, 05:25 AM
On 2003-08-05 18:55, Zarana wrote:
What, are you kidding? Pigs will be soaring in the skies before the Idiot Gang ever has the ability to corrupt me. Let them try. In fact, I encourage it. They'll just be soundly torn apart by me in the Lobby like the witless children they are.

Haha, that's a pretty impressive post right there. Even I would be scared to cross paths with you.

But words can only do some much against a person whom owns you with a device.

Zarana
Aug 6, 2003, 02:51 PM
Well, in the end what I mean is that this 'code' they brag about it nothing more than a lie. There's no point in getting scared of a bunch of preteens who want you to THINK they're cheating. At the end of the day, the Idiot Gang is about as much of a hacking threat as, well, I am. The only difference is that they make up stories and try to pretend they're powerful hackers because they can't win a war of words. I would love for them to show up in the Lobby I'm in one night, but they're probably mostly in bed by then.

And thanks, Kujin, I'm glad I don't rule in the new way like the Idiot Gang does. Heheheh...

Solidus_Snake
Aug 6, 2003, 08:38 PM
Youd be surprised by how much trouble you can save yourself by handing over some cash and a couple numbers and letters(address lol)

Goldmario
Aug 7, 2003, 02:00 PM
It's fake. I'm a member of InFaMoUs GaMeRz and nothing is planned. This is a rumor someone at Gfaqs started to get people against us. I'm InFaMoUsFaTo BTW.

Ruined
Aug 9, 2003, 07:51 AM
On 2003-07-30 06:06, EliteDragoon wrote:
just get PSO for XBOX

For real, you don't have to worry about all this stupid stuff on PSOX.

whizkid7
Aug 9, 2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah, some moron on GFAQS thought it would be funny to make people freak out. This is just a big fat pile of BS. Nothing's gonna happen, and I doubt it even COULD. In order to do something like that, you'd have to be able to get everyone to save and lag during the save, then FSOD all at the same time, and that's pretty much impossible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whizkid7 on 2003-08-09 09:22 ]</font>

Solidus_Snake
Aug 9, 2003, 12:07 PM
Yeah GOLDMARIO and im the King of england

Caecilius
Aug 26, 2003, 01:04 PM
Being a resident of England I would like to say that there is no King...

kitomaka_ck
Aug 26, 2003, 03:14 PM
EXACTLY ugh caps

Dbc
Aug 26, 2003, 05:18 PM
This is the biggest rumour I have heard in awhile but really, how are they going to fsodx every ship on pso gc?, they could try to do one ship. If you think it will happen, why not get the xbox version that has only a duping problem that comes from the action replay.

Getintothegame
Aug 26, 2003, 09:16 PM
Caecilius, please dont bump old topics.

I will tell you the probablity of this happening: 0/100

InFaMoUsGaMeRz have been behind tons of hoaxes. One you may recall is the '01 AOL hoax.

They are trying to get attention again. Just IGnore them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-08-26 19:31 ]</font>