PDA

View Full Version : I was planning on getting a new game tomorrow:

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 07:58 PM
And I was wondering which one.

I currently own:
Star Fox Adventures (I'm trading in this one to add to the finances)
Phantasy Star Online Ep.I & II
Super Mario Sunshine
Timesplitters 2
Metroid Prime
Wind Waker
Smash Bros
Rogue Squadren

I was considering Mario Party/Robotech Battlecry.

Are there any good RPGs?

*Note: I'm in the UK*

satoshi1
Jul 29, 2003, 08:01 PM
You're considering buying Mario Party or Robotech? Hm.. Well, if you play a lot with friends, then go with Mario Party, it's fun as hell, but only when you've got 2 or more people playing with you. Robotech is an awesome game. Very fun. As for RPGs... There's Lost Kingdoms and Lost Kingdoms 2, Evolution Worlds (I own this one, pretty good), and Skies of Arcadia. I've heard many many MANY reviews claiming that Skies of Arcadia is the best RPG on the Gamecube, I have yet to try it though, so I'm not sure.

Artemidorus
Jul 29, 2003, 08:04 PM
I didn't know Skies of Arcadia was on GCN!!! I would HIGHLY recommend that one! Yup yup yup! That's an official Todd Recommendation there! yup yup yup!

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 08:07 PM
Well, the first game I got for the GC was Lost Kingdoms, and let's just say I was more than slightly dissappointed with it's length (about 6 hours from beginning to end)

I had SoA on the DC, is it any different on GC?

I've never heard of this Evolution Worlds, is it a conventional RPG, MMORPG, Action or what?

satoshi1
Jul 29, 2003, 08:09 PM
Evolution Worlds is a port of a DC game, it's a standard RPG, I'm not exactly sure how long it is, seeing as how I havn't beaten it yet..

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 08:12 PM
I see... Is it out in the UK? I may have to look into it...

With Mario Party, I do have a few good friends who may be persuaded to play it (Although my main friend is COMPLETELY addicted to PSO) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bit
Jul 29, 2003, 08:13 PM
Wind Waker.

Definately. Fun game, lots to do.

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 08:16 PM
Um... I already have WW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I beat it and OOT The list was games that I already have

Bit
Jul 29, 2003, 08:42 PM
Oh oh. I thought that was the list you wanted. Read it wrong >_>

Hmmm... Do you Own a PS2?

Get Xenosaga if you do. It's a bit boring at first, but It turns into a great RPG.

Allos
Jul 29, 2003, 08:43 PM
I own Robotech and I highly recommend it. That or Skies of Arcadia. I've never played Evo. Worlds but it got mediocre/bad reviews. Apparently is way too generic and boring.

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 08:50 PM
Unforetunately I don't have a PS2, I do have a PC though... I have a load of games for it though...

Aredhel
Jul 29, 2003, 09:45 PM
I would also recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends for the GC - it's an excellent RPG that isn't overtly complex but isn't shallow either. Give it a try http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 09:47 PM
I've played and completed the original... Is there anything different in the GC version? (Give vague details if there are)

Aredhel
Jul 29, 2003, 10:20 PM
emm, having not played the DC version...I would say....buy it and find out! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But seriously, DO NOT buy Lost Kingdoms. I haven't played Lost Kingdoms 2, but I bought the first one, and thought it was, quite possibly, the WORST game I've ever played. You might just wanna save your money for Soul Calibur and F-Zero GX - those two look pretty rockin'. Then again, you could just buy your girlfriend some flowers instead - that may be a better way to speand your money http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aredhel
Jul 29, 2003, 10:23 PM
I dodn't see any of the Resident Evil games on your list - seriously think about getting one of those. The remake of the first one for the GC is quite excellent.

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 10:24 PM
I have no girlfirend... Unless you count my PSO Character http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2003, 10:26 PM
When I had my GC the first game I got was Eternal Darkness, pretty sweet, give it a try.

satoshi1
Jul 29, 2003, 10:29 PM
Ah yes, Resident Evil, can't forget about them. Kickass games. I've beaten the first one, my save for RE0 got deleted.. and I'm part way through my friend's copy of RE2. Evo Worlds is kinda bland, but it's still something.. F-Zero GX and Soul Caliber II are gonna be totally awesome. If anything, wait for those ones.

Edit: Eternal Darkness, wow, that's a LOT of great games. Sell your home and buy them all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-29 20:31 ]</font>

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 29, 2003, 10:33 PM
You know? To be honest, I think I'll get Robotech. I'm kind of in the mood for a good Blaster...

Bounty-Hunter
Jul 29, 2003, 11:11 PM
For the PC I say get America's Army or Battlefield 1942. Good games for online gaming but not as good as PSO.

lordinviso
Jul 30, 2003, 11:40 AM
Robotech. I have that game and it is quite fun and can get very challenging at points.

Ness
Jul 30, 2003, 12:22 PM
On 2003-07-29 18:04, Artemidorus wrote:
I didn't know Skies of Arcadia was on GCN!!! I would HIGHLY recommend that one! Yup yup yup! That's an official Todd Recommendation there! yup yup yup!

I would have to agree.

SubstanceD
Jul 30, 2003, 01:30 PM
Damn! Am I too late to give my 2 cents on this ( looks at watch, almost 19:20 Ireland/UK time and realises that he is too late ).

I would have recommnded Skies Of Arcadia Legend highly if I had got here in time. I presonally own it but I have barely had a chance to play it due to a certain PSO addiction so unfortuantly I can't coment on what differneces there are between the GC version and the DC version ( yes I own both and I have beaten the DC version ). Still most of the reviews that I have read claim that the later half of the game has been signifficantly expanded and slightly altered from the DC version, I think they say that there is somthing like a 1/3 more content in the GC version.

Ikaruga (sp) would have also been a damn good choice. This is game that I want badly but I can't find it anywhere. A god amongst shoot em ups.

Anyway Robotech is still a pretty good choice, this is also another game that I want to buy but I can't because of financial reasons and a lack of time.

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 30, 2003, 01:33 PM
Well, I'm back from my Game acquiring excursion, and I came back with...

*Drumroll*

Red Faction II.

I looked all over town, and none of the shops had Robotech, but my friend highly recommended this. I have tried it, and it is indeed good.

Well, thanks to all who posted.

monkeyfist
Jul 30, 2003, 01:54 PM
if you're into sports games, get NCAA Football 2004 or Madden NFL 2004. it only online for PS2 but they both got great reviews

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 30, 2003, 02:59 PM
Uh... 3 things wrong with that...

1. I already got my game
2. I don't have a PS2
3. I don't like sports games ^_^

Thanks anyway...

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 30, 2003, 03:35 PM
Red Faction II, Is that any good? I would have went with Rockman.Exe...Mega Man Tetwork Transmission..O wait I already have it. Its an awesome game, Its an Oldschool Rockman game with the Battle network storyline.