PDA

View Full Version : Most underestimated weapon (not in battle mode).

DesertFox
Jul 29, 2003, 10:23 PM
I would have to say the most underestimated weapon in this game by many is the Crush Bullet. I am lvl 101 and do 150 (heavy attack) without shifta while I'm using my new lvl mag around level 70(10/10/45/5). With shifta, I can do around 300 and with my good luck, aroung 450 to five targets at once. I forgot to mention I don't use al rappies. I use a god/arm, god/arm,god/legs,god/luck. I know that the god arms and god luck are legit, but the legs I got from a friend, who has some duped items, but not many. So I am mostly legit (not enough though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DesertFox on 2003-07-29 20:25 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 29, 2003, 10:26 PM
Sadly, from what I see, people underestimate just how powerful the Red Sword really is. They would rather go with something such as the Chain Sawd, or a Sealed-J sword. (Or the commonly duped Tsumikiri J-Sword. Blech.)

The Red Sword has amazing power, I get around +700 Atp when it's fully grinded. I wouldn't trade it for any weapon in the game.

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 29, 2003, 10:53 PM
Heck yeah! Crush Bullet baby!! Stealing HP!! Plus I found one with my Viridia RAcast that is 15/0/25/35 so its pretty friggin sweet!

lordinviso
Jul 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
Don't forget about the Ice Staff Dagon, Fire Staff Agni, and also the lightning one. Those are good for increasing your fos power of techs. Most people just use the duped P wand (even me).

Bit
Jul 29, 2003, 11:18 PM
Oh.

Can't forget Club of Laconium/Mace of Adaman/Club of Zumiuran.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 29, 2003, 11:22 PM
What a second. That list that you gave a link to says that the Cane Series boosts Simple Techs by 40%. If thats the case then why would anyone use Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman... etc?

Besides I've always preferred my Hilde canes over any of those crappy "Clubs" especially since the hilde canes special rules in ultimate.

Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003, 12:29 AM
The note about cane and wand series giving simple techs a boost seems wrong.

As for the specials on the hilde canes, are they even remotely worth it? Every time my FO equips a weapon with a special, it is far less effective than his techs .

Last bad luck was Elysion. My FOnewm did more damage with his own foie, and without walking closer to the enemy for each casting ^_^

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 30, 2003, 12:53 AM
must we forget the entire dagger class? 350 damage 6 times, that kills!

Reenee
Jul 30, 2003, 01:06 AM
When you equip a Club of Laconium (Foie), Mace of Adaman (Barta), or a Club of Zumiuran (Zonde), they're only going to boost their respective simple elemental technique. When you equip AGNI, DAGON, or INDRA, you're going to boost that series of elements.

On 2003-07-29 22:29, Fanatic wrote:

As for the specials on the hilde canes, are they even remotely worth it? Every time my FO equips a weapon with a special, it is far less effective than his techs .

A technique coming from a weapon will never be more powerful than a technique that was cast from the user.

Nani-chan
Jul 30, 2003, 01:31 AM
Last survivor with it's +20 hp saved me so many times. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

Obscenity
Jul 30, 2003, 01:58 AM
On 2003-07-29 20:26, Bit wrote:
Sadly, from what I see, people underestimate just how powerful the Red Sword really is. They would rather go with something such as the Chain Sawd, or a Sealed-J sword. (Or the commonly duped Tsumikiri J-Sword. Blech.)

The Red Sword has amazing power, I get around +700 Atp when it's fully grinded. I wouldn't trade it for any weapon in the game.

Red Sword rocks! I got one the other day and it's my new favorite Hunter weapon.

dropslash
Jul 30, 2003, 07:27 AM
I go with ChainSawd for 2 reasons.

1. I'm an Android. I don't need to paralyze large groups of enemies, that's what i have freeze traps for. The Gush special is much more useful anyway.

2. I can't find Red Sword on my ID.

My vote goes to Bravace. It's the most useful, all around handgun a HUnter can equip (even though this site says otherwise). I say it's more useful over Red Handgun for the sole reason that it's about 50,000 times easier to find a Bravace than an RH... well, for most anyway.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 30, 2003, 07:39 AM
Suppresssed Gun is better for hunters IMO, because even though it has 2 atp less when both are fully grinded, and it doesn't have the bravace's lightning special (pfft, like it matters) it has 7 more ata, which makes it worth equipping IMO. now if the bravace had hit% of 10 or more, that'd be another story...

PJ
Jul 30, 2003, 08:15 AM
On 2003-07-29 22:29, Fanatic wrote:

Last bad luck was Elysion. My FOnewm did more damage with his own foie, and without walking closer to the enemy for each casting ^_^

You do more damage with your own techniques, but:
a)It saves you TP
b)You can hit for more damage in a combo because you can do the combo faster than you can cast 3 times, so if you keep comboing, it'll kill enemies faster... and I lost my place so now I'm babbling http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 30, 2003, 08:32 AM
On 2003-07-29 21:18, Bit wrote:
Oh.

Can't forget Club of Laconium/Mace of Adaman/Club of Zumiuran.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

Yeah, espcially mace of adaman.

Heero_Yuy0w0
Jul 30, 2003, 09:11 AM
Yeah, i'd say the cane series. Club of Laconium + my FOmar = 650 dmg per foie.

dropslash
Jul 30, 2003, 09:44 AM
The ATA boost from Suppressed Gun is hardly worth giving up the power and Tempest of Bravace, especially to higher level characters.

I realize in hindsight that i was speaking from the viewpoint of a lv156 HUcaseal.

Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003, 10:11 AM
On 2003-07-30 06:15, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

a)It saves you TP
b)You can hit for more damage in a combo because you can do the combo faster than you can cast 3 times, so if you keep comboing, it'll kill enemies faster... and I lost my place so now I'm babbling http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tried it out, but it seems like I will never like it.

Elysion did rougly 2/3 of my foie damage. It cast slightly faster, but was impossible to aim.

Hildeblue's Cane did rougly 2/3 of my gibarta damage. It cast definetely faster, but after a combo I was in melee distance of my target (a Govulmer - ouch).

In neither case did the damage remotely compare to spamming Rafoie/Rabarta.

The tp issue might have a say earlier on, but at ultimate my bank stopped accepting meseta at 1mil, so saving tp is not really an issue for me ^_^

Bit
Jul 30, 2003, 12:34 PM
now if the bravace had hit% of 10 or more, that'd be another story...

My Bravace has 15% Hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003, 12:48 PM
::Looks at Bit's sig::

O.o

Methinks you need to pipe rappies in a pinkal game...

Bit
Jul 30, 2003, 12:51 PM
Don't get me started on that. >_> I have a Pinkal character, But I'm just not really into leveling her up at the moment.

Back on topic.

The Sigh of a God Is an underused weapon, but mainly because not alot of people have it, perhaps? The Gizonde it shoots hits multiple enemies, and is extremely helpful against a group of enemies that are weak to lightning. Free Gizonde for all!

Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003, 01:31 PM
Dunno... still think it has a hard time competing when the tp savings are a moot point.

I wonder about twin blaze with it's Gifoie though. Gifoie is very slow casting, so there might be a significant speed increase there to offset the damage difference. Also, Gifoie is often cast while running from an enemy, and here an attack animation moving you forwards would actually work to your advantage...

ShadowCaster
Jul 31, 2003, 08:50 AM
Now, when anyone says underestimated weapon, I think Berdysh. No no no not the common type found in Ruins, but the rare. FYI Max Grinded it has more atp boost then Soul Banish and it doesn't drain HP. And on top ofthat it's special is the best. Ever use the TJ sword?? Well they have the same special. A big expanding blue dome of PB energy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So I don't see why it's so underrated, of course only HUcaseal and HUcast can use it, so the Soul Banish would be the only choice for a multiple hit rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh not only are those underestimatedbut Varista it saved my life over and over in Hard and V Hard

So... Underestimated weapons
1) Berdysh
2) Soul Banish
3) Varista

PJ
Jul 31, 2003, 08:57 AM
On 2003-07-30 08:11, Fanatic wrote:

On 2003-07-30 06:15, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

a)It saves you TP

Tried it out, but it seems like I will never like it.

Elysion did rougly 2/3 of my foie damage. It cast slightly faster, but was impossible to aim.

Hildeblue's Cane did rougly 2/3 of my gibarta damage. It cast definetely faster, but after a combo I was in melee distance of my target (a Govulmer - ouch).

In neither case did the damage remotely compare to spamming Rafoie/Rabarta.

The tp issue might have a say earlier on, but at ultimate my bank stopped accepting meseta at 1mil, so saving tp is not really an issue for me ^_^

Since Gibarta can cast through walls, you can use it at the side of a wall (Most useful in Forest/Temple) and you won't move. It can also go through Barriers! And if you're on the right angle, the foie can work also without moving.

Primrose
Jul 31, 2003, 09:56 AM
On 2003-07-31 06:50, ShadowCaster wrote:
Now, when anyone says underestimated weapon, I think Berdysh. No no no not the common type found in Ruins, but the rare. FYI Max Grinded it has more atp boost then Soul Banish and it doesn't drain HP. And on top ofthat it's special is the best. Ever use the TJ sword?? Well they have the same special. A big expanding blue dome of PB energy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So I don't see why it's so underrated, of course only HUcaseal and HUcast can use it, so the Soul Banish would be the only choice for a multiple hit rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh not only are those underestimatedbut Varista it saved my life over and over in Hard and V Hard

i disagree with Varista, as it is the weakest rare Handgun type weapon after Custom Ray v.00, and since its special attack is nothing really special i wouldnt consider it underestimated.
Just because it saved your life doesnt mean people underrate its capabilities, it probably saved your life over and over because it can easily be found early in the game, and not thanks to its power.

But i agree with Berdysh, everyone seems to be so fascinated about Tsumikiri J-Sword, that they forget about Berdysh.
But i think you overrated it a bit then, its not stronger than Soul Banish, even at maximum grind. And the special is not exactly the same as Tsumikiri J-Swords special, as far as i know, at least damage and hit radius wise. I never a had Tsumikiri J-Sword of course, so correct me if im wrong, but i had Berdysh, its special attack does a similar type of blast, but its hit radius is i think not as large as that of Tsumikiri J-Swords hit radius. Its hard to estimate, id say its about as far as a support technique would go, without range boost that is, or even less, i might be wrong though.
The damage from the blast equals a normal hit, it depends on ATP.

Like others mentioned before, lots of force weapons are highly underrated. I cant stop recommending the common 9 star canes and wands. One should just learn to what techniqes the enemies are weak to, and then switch to the appropriate weapon.
Thats all, and its efficacious.