PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Idea that isn't nuts!

Finn
Mar 21, 2001, 05:48 PM
This is really simple. I want STATS!
At then end of a boss fight, it says who did what damage to the boss.
At the end of a level you can see who did the most/least damage.
Who died the most/least

I think this could be really simple to implement!

Heero_Yuy
Mar 21, 2001, 05:58 PM
That is a good idea you can see who was slacking and who was doing the ass kicking!

Lamalas
Mar 21, 2001, 06:07 PM
As long as they have spells that will make Forces be able to do as much damage as Hunters/Rangers in the same amount of time. Otherwise nobody would want Forces because we can't do anything useful except sit back and heal/shifta/deband. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

It's pretty sad, that with a high level ice spell, I can cast every 2-3 seconds...I do 132 damage to the Dragon. A hunter at 40 levels below me...can hit that dragon for twice that damage in the same amount of time.

I beat the dragon on Normal with Parn (a HUmar, lvl 10) and was hitting each hard attack for 90-110. Same scenario (FOnewm, lvl 53)...hitting the Dragon with Gibarta for 132.

I hope that this is fixed in PSO v.2 or PSO2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I don't like feeling mostly useless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Neojin
Mar 21, 2001, 06:09 PM
Remember, its a team effort. In any sport sure everyone has stats, but there is only one score on that board at the end, and the one that is higher wins. A pitcher may not have all the home runs, but his no hitter can and will win the game for them.

In theory a group of HUcasts weilding powerful weapons would be the stongest. However would it work well? Lets take out a Spread Needle (its paralizing special) wouldnt you like to have a Force or other TP using character casting Rebarta, shifta, deband, etc?

jazzyfox
Mar 21, 2001, 06:18 PM
Well put! As evidenced by my Stupidity thread, I've been feeling, ah, incomplete lately without a Force-type to back me up. There's nothing I like to see more than all the nasties swamping me turn into ice cubes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I do think stats would be a neat idea.. as long as they didn't mean anything. No EXP bonus or other reward for having the highest/lowest X. Heck, even just adding more per-character stats, like number of kills, number of deaths that I can look at on my own, like the time played. Maybe something like in Shenmue, where the passport disc shows you everything you ever wanted to know.

Lamalas
Mar 21, 2001, 06:21 PM
Also in theory you can have 2 HUcasts and 2 HUmars...all can deal out considerable damage and the 2 HUmars can split the load of Resta/Shifta/Deband.

All in all...yes it's good to have a Force in the game with you that can dedicate full TP bars for Resta/Shifta/Deband (I have 900+ TP btw). However, I'd like to be able to do something unique and contribute more on the damage side of things. Maybe new spells with bonuses like weapons have...

I know each enemy has it's own weaknesses to certain types of magic, but casting a spell that costs 35+ TP to do 200 damage (if that), does not compare to doing 5 times that much damage in the same amount of time for no TP.

Yes, Forces aren't supposed to be fighters. Yes, I can heal everyone surrounding me for 700 HPs with one spell. Yes, I can freeze everything surrounding me. I realize all of that...but it's kinda disheartening.

Sorry this has turned into a long winded rant on Forces...heh...if you could move individual posts, I'd say move this one to the "Rants" forum.

Again...sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

magenta
Mar 21, 2001, 06:57 PM
yes yes
here here lamalas..

i two have been somewhat put off by playing with people offline because of being put/told to do this, do that only because im a force...

damnit.. my force my not have good defense, or relatively weak offense compared to a hunewearl of similar level, but ive become skilled enough to combine my technquies with close combat..

i.e. cast high level gizonde, immediately follow with photon claw, bam.. baddies dead. (mine enemies, the gilchics, are especially susceptible to this)..

thus i can say i can match any other class of character at similar levels when it comes to tolling up the body count...

also you have to learn the art of hit and run, and exploit the weaknesses of some enemies such as delsabers, garantzes, belras, and those centaur things.. that they either cant turn quickly enough, or cant turn to follow you while doing their own attacks..

..for example when confronting a group of three delsabers, i run about a bit until they're bunched together. then let them get close enough to initiate their three hit combos.. at this moment i move sideways away from their attacks, turn to them and immediately attack them from an angle.. on normal, with my photon claw, this gets rid of them fast.. or when they start splitting apart.. blast them with magic.

only problems i have are with sharks on hard..or rather, groups of them... they are slow moving, but have fast attacks.. nano dragons, pan arms, poifully slimes, and the lilies are no probs.. grass assasins are a joke..

Finn
Mar 21, 2001, 07:01 PM
I think Forces should be included too. So you could see stats for who healed who, and who revived who as well.
The focus doesnt just need to be on the total amount of damage done...
For example, one player may have done 1000 points of damage but another player may have healed the party for 2000 points and revived people 10 times!

Lamalas
Mar 21, 2001, 07:27 PM
My whole thing isn't the fact that we have to heal others or revive others. We're supposed to be magic users...so let us use magic...

Forces really do not get anything unique. Wow...we can hit everything in the room with one spell for 100 damage. Wow...we can heal everyone for 700 HPs. Wow...we have lots of TP. All that and some meseta won't buy us a Monomate! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

I guess my main concern is that I feel like such an exp leach when I'm fighting with groups. Here's what I do:

I run in cast Razonde about 2 or 3 times to make sure I hit everything to get the exp...then 3 seconds after I cast Gizonde...everything is dead. Most of the time everything is dead before I can get a spell off. I feel like I've contributed little to nothing in the above scenario. I cannot do 1/4th the damage an equivalent level non-Force class can in the same amount of time.

HUmars can cast the same spells I can and, with a little work, can get spells of the same level that I can--excluding possibly Grants and Megid. So HUmars can cast Rabarta and freeze everything just like I can. Then they whack it twice and it dies.

I could freeze it, whack it 3 times, it gets unfrozen and whacks me once and I die. *shrug*...guess that's life as a Force though.

<center>
Lamalas?/?Whitill?/?53 FOnewm?/?Puck-09, Cordelia-03

Parn / Greenill / 10 HUmar / Puck-09, Cordelia-03

~~~

"Why didn't anybody tell me my ass was so big?!?!" - President Scroob, Spaceballs</center>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Lamalas on 2001-03-21 16:28 ]</font>

jazzyfox
Mar 21, 2001, 07:58 PM
I guess the real issue is just differentiation. My force is only level 3 (not played enough to get in my sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif ), so I'm just talking nonsense, most likely. There's just not that much to distinguish a force from the rest of the pack. I'd like to see the expansion add force only spells or spell levels, and/or magic casting weapons, like diablo staves. Maybe have a few new modifier series, that cast varying levels of a spell series.

It's not that the forces don't do damage.. Foie-Foie-Smack makes for an easier beginning time in the first than Cienna had, and I've got friends who can lay down the smack with the best of 'em. It's all in the uniqueness.

The_Saint
Mar 21, 2001, 08:31 PM
I think..for PSO 2 orpossibly version 2 (who know's..could happen) they should include high level technics usable only by the forces. Sure my HUmar has less TP than a Force, and he can't hit as hard as a force using the same level tech, but thats the problem...its THE SAME TECHNIQUE! In my opinion there should be an added Tech class. ie. Force class Techniques... or possibly like lvl 20 Techs.

magenta
Mar 22, 2001, 09:57 AM
from my previous postt..

yah.. im in very much in agreement with "unique techniques" just for forces.. and levels too.. like a humar cant reach level 10 on gizonde, put forces can go up to 20+..

and that my other complaint is that technique casting should be a lot quicker with forces.. why.. because duh they are forces and they should give you the feeling that they are more adept at techniques than other hunters.. i.e. like hunewearl would take 2 secs to cast, but it would take a fomarl 0.5 secs..

anyway.. im still very much into armed combat with my fomarl.. even though 4-5 hits from a shark (on hard) would kill me.. hit/doge/hit/hit/hit. hit/run/Razonde/hit/hit/hit.... Rafoie/hit/hit/hit