PDA

View Full Version : XBox: What would happened if MS decided that there was no se

Jkid
Jul 30, 2003, 07:08 PM
and decides to connect the JP EU and JP servers. To my prediction,there's only 5% of the time if MS decides that they'll connect the servers.

And if you read my PSO/ST parody:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=59637&forum=11

ST decided to end all hacking so the three xbox servers will be connected so I have one question,would you be happy if MS decides to connect the three Xbox PSO servers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-07-30 17:09 ]</font>

satoshi1
Jul 30, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-07-30 17:08, Jkid wrote:
ST decided to end all hacking so the three xbox servers will be connected so I have one question,would you be happy if MS decides to connect the three Xbox PSO servers?

I didn't know that was possible, to end all the hacking that is.

K9999
Jul 30, 2003, 07:46 PM
Who gives a fuck? I really want to play with people who can't speak english!

Jkid
Jul 30, 2003, 08:48 PM
Anyone else?

Afroman
Jul 30, 2003, 09:02 PM
The nice thing about "foreigners" is that when you go online when u cant sleep at 6am in the morning theres gonna be a full / nearly full serve rsomewhere to play on as apposed to playing with 2 - 3 people on a server!

Afro

primer567
Jul 30, 2003, 10:04 PM
The servers arent connected because of the voice chat. No one wants to hear some Japanese folks blabbing on in another language. Believe it or not Xbox PSO is the most secure and most protected when it comes to cheating.

saffaya
Jul 31, 2003, 02:58 AM
On 2003-07-30 20:04, primer567 wrote:
The servers arent connected because of the voice chat. No one wants to hear some Japanese folks blabbing on in another language.

Sorry, but that seem a pretty stupid argument to me.
There already ARE live games connecting jp and Us players together.
So talking in other games is fine, but in PSO isn't ?

primer567
Jul 31, 2003, 04:41 AM
Uh what other Live games?

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 10:40 AM
Believe it or not Xbox PSO is the most secure and most protected when it comes to cheating.
Do you actually play online? There's cheating and hacking everywhere. Much more than the GameCube version.

Da_Wrecka
Jul 31, 2003, 10:57 AM
On 2003-07-30 20:04, primer567 wrote:
The servers arent connected because of the voice chat. No one wants to hear some Japanese folks blabbing on in another language. Believe it or not Xbox PSO is the most secure and most protected when it comes to cheating.

Good grief, are you really this clueless? Xbox PSO has been hacked to hell and back, probably because of the ease with which save files can be pissed about with. If it's cheat-protected, then how were Al Rappies made?

s.TiNgEr
Jul 31, 2003, 11:13 AM
People are hackin it up on xbox Pso ^_^

zimmk2vgc
Jul 31, 2003, 11:23 AM
They have got to be crazy if they want to connect all servers together. Those crazy US servers would spread hacking too poor Europe, and we don't want that.

Denny
Jul 31, 2003, 12:14 PM
On 2003-07-31 09:13, Stinger08 wrote:
People are hackin it up on xbox Pso ^_^

*sigh*

When will the Nintendo fanboys EVER learn.....

primer567
Jul 31, 2003, 12:34 PM
Do you actually play online? There's cheating and hacking everywhere. Much more than the GameCube version.

Lets see, all glitches are patched. That eliminates anyone without a modchip hacking. Now how many people have modchips? 5? 6? You cant even cheat online.....

Jack
Jul 31, 2003, 02:09 PM
On 2003-07-31 10:34, primer567 wrote:
Lets see, all glitches are patched. That eliminates anyone without a modchip hacking. Now how many people have modchips? 5? 6? You cant even cheat online.....

Is the Word Select FSOD patched? Not a challenge, just curious. There's definitely more than 5 people with chipped Xboxes though.

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 02:15 PM
*sigh*

When will the Nintendo fanboys EVER learn.....
Dude, GC fanboy or not, you can't deny the massive hacking.

Shows how much you know. There are many people out there that have a mod chip. And they can cheat online. All they have to do is control the data sent out by their XBox so the server doesn't know they have a mod chip installed. There are other methods as well. There are many guides out there how to hack the XBox, including one with a switch that enables the mod chip to be seen or not.

Jkid
Jul 31, 2003, 05:18 PM
Well why not ST/Sega notice this and concentrate on the American servers for a change,just for one month at least.

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 05:42 PM
Sonic Team doesn't care much about American servers of any PSO version. Much less about EU servers. It's better since GameCube but it still leaves enough to be desired.

primer567
Jul 31, 2003, 09:45 PM
NO YOU GUYS ARE RETARDS. YOU CANNOT CHEAT ONLINE WITH XBOX.

Packet hacking and modchip hacking doesnt work online!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: primer567 on 2003-07-31 20:06 ]</font>

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 09:53 PM
On 2003-07-31 19:45, primer567 wrote:

Packet hacking and modchip hacking doesnt work online! You guys a fucking idiots.

And I'm the Queen of England.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 31, 2003, 10:11 PM
Its funny how GC only people try to bring down the box when theyve never experienced it. Only reason why i can bad mouth the GC as i have got enough real life friends who have played it and gotten enough info to know a lot about it. Before i list them, i want someone to list the pros and cons of both systems, i honestly want to see what you people know about BOTH. And no excuses to avoiding this question if you hate the xbox so.

And benoit just so you know i am Valis_Warrior from PSCAVE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-07-31 20:11 ]</font>

primer567
Jul 31, 2003, 10:23 PM
I'm sick of all these posts about SEGA is sitting on there ass and not preventing cheating. You legits are the most misinformed mass of hatred i've ever seen.

Mazarin
Aug 1, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-07-31 20:23, primer567 wrote:
I'm sick of all these posts about SEGA is sitting on there ass and not preventing cheating. You legits are the most misinformed mass of hatred i've ever seen.

(*see custom title*)

Why not give intelligent answers?

Yes the XBox has been hacked to hell.
Yes the GameCube has also been hacked(tho, not quite to the extent of the Xbox, which is an arguable statement itself)

But the XBox version has had strides to solve game problems. Reguardless, people will hack the system. There is no fix for that(unless they do serverside saves, but then no playing offline) But they have stopped alot of the glitches. Gallon points/Meseta glitch, Dupe and Trade Window glitch. 2 player FSOD save(which I wish they left alone.) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

But answers like, "Who wants to listen to gibberish?" are poor at best. Some people go to this thing called school, and learn other languages. Some of people who are into these kind of games to the hardcore level know some Japanese. Alot of people speak Spanish, German, and French.

IMHO, I'd like to see @ least the EU Servers linked up to us. Now remember I said "some," and "alot." Not all people speak something other than English. And this effects many of the EU players who play with Germans and French. And for the fact that not many people(compared to the US servers) play. Granted, people do not want the hacking to spread, but that's the territory that comes with online gaming.

But unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

primer567
Aug 1, 2003, 02:04 AM
Why not give intelligent answers?
I try my best but sometimes people here just make me really mad.

Yes the XBox has been hacked to hell.
Yes the GameCube has also been hacked(tho, not quite to the extent of the Xbox, which is an arguable statement itself)
I wouldnt say hacked to hell, all you can do is max your stats and make items. Also I have seen some crazy symbol chats. GC has max stats trick along with dupe and a couple other glitches. Now that I think about it, they're about even.

and learn other languages. Some of people who are into these kind of games to the hardcore level know some Japanese. Alot of people speak Spanish, German, and French.
Yes but not enough people. If everyone was bilingual the servers would be linked. But if they were I can imagine immature people from other countries coming and spamming another language in the lobbies. I really dont think this kind of thing would work.

IMHO, I'd like to see @ least the EU Servers linked up to us.
I somewhat agree. It would be neat if the server checked your language setting and only let people with English on come in. That would stop curius people from other countries bothering our gaming.

Now, if everyone on this board was as nice as you I'd come here more.

Denny
Aug 1, 2003, 06:16 PM

BINGO!

I like the site for the PSO information, but the forum is filled to the brim with insecure fanboys that don't know when to drink a cup of STFU! I'm sure there are some normal Nintendo owning PSO fans that don't feel threatened by the Xbox version of PSO and realize that BOTH VERSIONS have flaws, but when you keep reading the same fanboytastic BS from some of the GC owners here it really goes to show that they don't give a damn about PSO. They're only trying to push their own stupid agenda.

How many "Xbox or GC PSO...WHICH IS BETTER!?" topics are going to be made? Are GC owners that insecure where they have to convince themselves that their version is just as good as the Xbox edition? If you like it on GC, fine! If you like it on Xbox, fine! Now can the fanboys just STFU so the regular Xbox and GC players can enjoy the forum in peace!?

Hats off to the non fanboy players of Xbox and GC PSO. It's too damned bad they are not more of you on this message board.

About Microsoft linking the servers, I'm not sure if it such a good idea. I think it would be interesting to play with people from another country, but I'm sure there is going to be some jackass out there that is going to insult someone just because they speak another language. Just look at all of the BS that place on some of the servers now!

Jkid
Aug 1, 2003, 06:40 PM
Xbo xLive has a function called player feedback so if player has done something that's insulting or curses alot,you can send them negative feedback on the person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-08-01 16:41 ]</font>

Denny
Aug 1, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-08-01 16:40, Jkid wrote:
Xbo xLive has a function called player feedback so if player has done something that's insulting or curses alot,you can send them negative feedback on the person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-08-01 16:41 ]</font>

That's a nice feature and all, but I wish there was a way that we could actually find out if our feedback actually meant something to Microsoft/Sonic Team/Sega.

Coxy
Aug 2, 2003, 11:50 AM
On 2003-07-31 09:23, zimmk2vgc wrote:
They have got to be crazy if they want to connect all servers together. Those crazy US servers would spread hacking too poor Europe, and we don't want that.

wtf are you on about? i hope your being sarcastic, im from here in england and there is hacking, duping you name it its there, ive even witnessed it with my own eyes

Mixfortune
Aug 2, 2003, 02:56 PM
Hacking exists everywhere on PSO, unless you have serverside saves, this has been mentioned by someone else earlier. What is the use in trying to be proud that the version you have has LESS hacks? There is really no point in it. And it's not like PSO has enormous flaws when compared to the other games of today, it's just that it affects more people and is amplified when it is used online and people mess around with other players.

So really, the problem is not GC more than Xbox, or vise versa, or the hacks they have or don't have. The hacks don't make the hackers, people choose to abuse it, so as long as there are ANY hacks available, no system is bigger or better than the other in regards to PSO, or basically any game, integrity-wise.

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 03:01 PM
Exactly, now if only everyone else thought that way.

Benoit
Aug 2, 2003, 04:43 PM
I'll tell you all something. I have been careful to be neutral here, even though I like GameCube more. I'm only correcting wrong info.

So, Valis Warrior, I'm going to ask you this: STFU. I know you longer than today, and I know you are an XBox fanboy. You have, multiple times, gave misinformed opinions and bad information. Yes, I do not play XBox PSO, yes, I hate XBox, yes, I hate Microsoft... BUT, I don't insert my head in the ground and pretend I know what I'm talking about. I do RESEARCH. I know perfectly well what I'm talking about. Besides, I have heard many things from players that DO play XBox PSO, which I also use as a source of info.

Packet hacking and modchip hacking doesnt work online!
This is a perfect example of misinformation. All this person does is listen to Microsoft. Victim of advertising.

Its funny how GC only people try to bring down the box when theyve never experienced it. Only reason why i can bad mouth the GC as i have got enough real life friends who have played it and gotten enough info to know a lot about it.
I'll admit that I've seen more GameCube fanboys bashing the system than anything else. Ignore them, they are stupid. But I have also seen the same of XBox owning people, trying to bash GameCube with silly arguments. And I don't think you have that much experience about GameCube. Your arguments show it. And since you are first asking for the others to name their reasons, do I have to assume you are going to pick your 'arguments' from the others and use it? Well done.

I wouldnt say hacked to hell, all you can do is max your stats and make items. Also I have seen some crazy symbol chats. GC has max stats trick along with dupe and a couple other glitches. Now that I think about it, they're about even.
There's more you can do on XBox. I don't know the details, but since the game is hacked easily, that leaves many paths open. GameCube has nearly never been hacked, they just use glitches like duping.

Yes but not enough people. If everyone was bilingual the servers would be linked. But if they were I can imagine immature people from other countries coming and spamming another language in the lobbies.
Is that honestly a good enough reason? I'm sure you have SPAMmers on the US servers too. Also, it doesn't take an EU person to speak in another language. And here in the EU there are more bilingual persons than you think.

It would be neat if the server checked your language setting and only let people with English on come in. That would stop curius people from other countries bothering our gaming.
I can already see a work-around to that. People just have to set their language to English, and use their keyboard to chat in their language. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The only problem was you getting angry because of misinformation.

How many "Xbox or GC PSO...WHICH IS BETTER!?" topics are going to be made? Are GC owners that insecure where they have to convince themselves that their version is just as good as the Xbox edition?
I wouldn't only blame GameCube owners. I've seen plenty of insecure XBox owners too.

Now, I only wish that threads like these would stop to exist, since it's a waste of time, and everyone would go back in front of their screen, and just play their PSO game!

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 07:37 PM
This is a perfect example of misinformation. All this person does is listen to Microsoft. Victim of advertising.
Actually not. You guys should know by now Xbox Live servers check for a modchip the instant you get on. It results in a permanent ban. Call up 1-800-4MYXBOX and ask someone. Here (http://www.xbox.com/support/live/con-mod.htm) is a link to the page describing that. Its a fact, if you talk to any cheaters with modchips ask them.

There's more you can do on XBox. I don't know the details, but since the game is hacked easily, that leaves many paths open. GameCube has nearly never been hacked, they just use glitches like duping.
Here are the codes for Xbox:
-Max Money
-Level mod
-Rare Weapon Drop
-Max Stats
-Glitched Symbols
-God/Equip

Here are the glitches for GC:
-Equip multiple weps
-Shop Dupe
-AR/USB Dupe (X too)
-FSOD (X too)
-Trade Steal
-Reconbox Trick
-Maxed Stats
-AR Codes
-Max Money
-Glitched Symbols

The game isnt hacked easily, all the Xbox codes were released by one person who hasnt made any new codes since the release. Xbox can also patch glitches. Dont say its super hacked, it isnt 100x worse then GC.

Benoit
Aug 2, 2003, 08:42 PM
Actually not. You guys should know by now Xbox Live servers check for a modchip the instant you get on. It results in a permanent ban. Call up 1-800-4MYXBOX and ask someone. Here is a link to the page describing that. Its a fact, if you talk to any cheaters with modchips ask them.
While that is true, it is fact that you don't look further. What I mean is that hackers have already found a way around it a long time ago. There are even guides freely available on the net, and there's even going to be a book published about it.

Here are the codes for Xbox:
-Max Money
-Level mod
-Rare Weapon Drop
-Max Stats
-Glitched Symbols
-God/Equip
Add to that the equipping of multiple weapons, shop due, USB dupe and the whole list a person made in another thread.

Here are the glitches for GC:
-Equip multiple weps
-Shop Dupe
-AR/USB Dupe (X too)
-FSOD (X too)
-Trade Steal
-Reconbox Trick
-Maxed Stats
-AR Codes
-Max Money
-Glitched Symbols
FSOD is not a glitch that is used, at least not much.
The Reconbox trick is actually a legit routine to get much EXP. Just get a weapon that steals EXP and stay using the special against it.
The other I don't know.
But it's a fact that cheating is less common on GameCube than on XBox. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 09:37 PM
While that is true, it is fact that you don't look further. What I mean is that hackers have already found a way around it a long time ago. There are even guides freely available on the net, and there's even going to be a book published about it.
Uh where are these tutorials to use a modchip on Xbox Live? Cant find them? Oh yeah there arent any!

I think your getting this confused with the hack to flash your Xbox with a 007 game so it acts like a modchip. But you cant sign on Live with it flashed.

Add to that the equipping of multiple weapons, shop due, USB dupe and the whole list a person made in another thread.
Umm I guess you didnt know the shop glitch was patched so anything that uses the shop glitch wont work. Trade steal, max stats, etc wont work.

But it's a fact that cheating is less common on GameCube than on XBox.
Depends how you define cheating. If you define cheating by trying to modify game files, then Xbox is more cheated. But what about all the glitches? Is that not cheating? Glitches are patched on Xbox....

Mazarin
Aug 2, 2003, 09:42 PM
I know!

WHO FUGGIN' CARES? Just play the damn thing.

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to put a end to all the misinformed n00bs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

davidwid
Aug 3, 2003, 01:31 PM
Gee this thread has become XBOX ves GamuCube all over again. I dunno why fanboys keep bashing the other sytems with passion. I have all three systems, and have played both version of PSO. Really it is a matter of what type of games you like to play. I like XBOX the least simply for the reasons that it has no games i would want to play, the ones I like are great, so in that essence, owning XBOX is not a bad thing since there are a few quality games (by Tecmo and SEGA) that I own.

GameCube on the other hand always has strong first party games, and they are all great, and fun to play. My only gripe with Nintendo is that they are so dumb not even considering online aspect of video game industry. Now that they have new president, hopefully he will throw away all the musty old conservative point of view and continue with new innovation. Sometimes older generation just have to admit that they are old and need to step down.

As for PSO Xbox and Cube, I do like PSOX because it is broadband only, less lag, and easier to find your friends. The voice chat is nice addition. Though there are plenty I hate on this version: you cant play with other countries, hacking and duping, and not many online content. I guess if I only have one choice it would have to be....oh so hard to choose, each one has its own plus and minus. I guess I am spoiled with convenience on XBOX but like the contents on GameCube. LOL.

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 01:31 PM
Uh where are these tutorials to use a modchip on Xbox Live? Cant find them? Oh yeah there arent any!

I think your getting this confused with the hack to flash your Xbox with a 007 game so it acts like a modchip. But you cant sign on Live with it flashed.
I'm not expecting you to find it. It does exist, and just because you can't find it, doesn't mean anything. Ignorance.

Umm I guess you didnt know the shop glitch was patched so anything that uses the shop glitch wont work. Trade steal, max stats, etc wont work.
Maybe, it's true, maybe not. I guess it is.

Depends how you define cheating. If you define cheating by trying to modify game files, then Xbox is more cheated. But what about all the glitches? Is that not cheating? Glitches are patched on Xbox....
It's very simple. Cheating is everything you aren't able to do when playing the game normally. Using glitches, modifying game files, hacking, duping(glitch),... It's all cheating.
And not all glitches are patched on XBox, I'm sure.

I'm trying to put a end to all the misinformed n00bs!
Uhhuh, while you are the n00b here.
No hacking on XBox? As someone best said it...
"And I'm the Queen of England."