PDA

View Full Version : Albert Einstein didn't invent the Theory of Relativit

strongmad89
Jul 30, 2003, 07:56 PM
-Like I said above...

ALBERT EINSTEIN DIDN'T INVENT THE THEORY OF RELATIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, long ago, he owned a bank. A smart man named Smith wanted to deposit his "Theory of Relativity". At the front desk, Smith gave Einstein the TOR and Einstein started the joke we use to trick people all of the time, "Look over there!"

Smith looked, and Einstein smashed Smith's head in the window 3 times, knocking Smith out, and took of with the TOR.

Actually, that was on Family Guy a few nights ago. But that would have been cool if that was how it really happened! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jediknight007
Jul 30, 2003, 08:41 PM
e=mc^2 rulez!

Aredhel
Jul 30, 2003, 09:04 PM
Actually, his theory has been disproven several times over - so the theory is actually quite useless, but it serves as a good testament to a truly great mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-07-30 19:10 ]</font>

DeathCheese87
Jul 30, 2003, 09:06 PM
Yes yes, I like Family Guy too, but you don't have to steal anything from it.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 31, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-07-30 19:04, Aredhel wrote:
Actually, his theory has been disproven several times over - so the theory is actually quite useless, but it serves as a good testament to a truly great mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-07-30 19:10 ]</font>

But if his theory was incorrect, how did the atom bomb work?

_J
Jul 31, 2003, 09:14 AM

[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-07-30 19:10 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry. This poster is just trying to sound "intelligent" (as she/he/it would call it, even though they mean WISE).

Ness
Jul 31, 2003, 09:38 AM
Wow Family Guy.

That show ranks #3 on my list of bullshit.

Also, Tomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb.

Allos
Jul 31, 2003, 10:20 AM
Ness, Ness, Ness.....

When will you learn that nobody cares about your opinion on Family Guy? I might just have to burn your pants for that! But anyway....

And strongmad89, if you're going to copy something from Family Guy, do it right. Einstein worked at a patent office, not a bank that you said he owned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2003-07-31 08:22 ]</font>

strongmad89
Jul 31, 2003, 10:28 AM
On 2003-07-31 08:20, Allos wrote:
Ness, Ness, Ness.....

When will you learn that nobody cares about your opinion on Family Guy? I might just have to burn your pants for that! But anyway....

And strongmad89, if you're going to copy something from Family Guy, do it right. Einstein worked at a patent office, not a bank that you said he owned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2003-07-31 08:22 ]</font>

oh, thx! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Aredhel
Jul 31, 2003, 11:15 AM
Actually, I just read an article in a newspaper a few years ago talking about how it had been disproven atleast once (thus rendering it null). I suppose it's possible I read the article wrong and I'm really not going to try to prove it wrong so whatever...

Not trying to sound "intelligent" or "wise", just regurgitating something I heard and can't prove to you all. I'd prefer if you don't categorize me too, it is what leads to the locking of threads http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kizaragu
Aug 1, 2003, 09:59 AM

On 2003-07-31 06:51, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2003-07-31 07:14, _J wrote:
Don't worry. This poster is just trying to sound "intelligent" (as she/he/it would call it, even though they mean WISE).

Shut up _J they both made a valid point. Take your stupid insults elsewhere.
I know firsthand that Dalpha is very intelligent and he doesn't make a point of broadcasting it. You on the other hand must be a bit slow and a little shallow if you think he was trying too.
Aredhel and Dalpha both succeeded in making a good point, and YOU successfully succeeded in making yourself sound a dumbass.
Think before you post.

Twadz060
Aug 3, 2003, 04:43 PM
The theory of relativity and the atom bomb are two competely different things, the atom bomb came from the splitting of the atom. I ask you "what does that have to do with relativity?

RavenTW
Aug 3, 2003, 11:06 PM
The theory of relative has to do with the speed of light. The atom bomb involves conservation of mass and energy.

Oh, and it was probably Einsteins idea of gravity that was disproven. Even he wasn't sure if it was true.

Sedyne
Aug 3, 2003, 11:17 PM
On 2003-07-30 17:56, strongmad89 wrote:
-Like I said above...

ALBERT EINSTEIN DIDN'T INVENT THE THEORY OF RELATIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, long ago, he owned a bank. A smart man named Smith wanted to deposit his "Theory of Relativity". At the front desk, Smith gave Einstein the TOR and Einstein started the joke we use to trick people all of the time, "Look over there!"

Smith looked, and Einstein smashed Smith's head in the window 3 times, knocking Smith out, and took of with the TOR.

Actually, that was on Family Guy a few nights ago. But that would have been cool if that was how it really happened! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

actually if you ever read his biographies, most of them give strong evidence that his wife should be acredited to more of the work than he should, because she did an awful lot in helping him.

SorceressofTime
Aug 4, 2003, 02:59 AM
On 2003-08-03 21:17, Sedyne wrote:

actually if you ever read his biographies, most of them give strong evidence that his wife should be acredited to more of the work than he should, because she did an awful lot in helping him.

ok, i didn't know that. >_>

and you guys, chill. arguing over the internet is utterly and totally stupid. o.O

Aredhel
Aug 4, 2003, 03:15 AM
On 2003-08-04 00:59, SorceressofTime wrote:

and you guys, chill. arguing over the internet is utterly and totally stupid. o.O

I Agree whole-heartedly! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.php/463c5922/arguing.jpg

Deathscythealpha
Aug 4, 2003, 07:26 AM
On 2003-08-03 21:06, RavenTW wrote:
The theory of relative has to do with the speed of light. The atom bomb involves conservation of mass and energy.

Oh, and it was probably Einsteins idea of gravity that was disproven. Even he wasn't sure if it was true.

But didnt the constant speed of light do something in the equations for the splitting of the the atom? Unless im confusing my theories im sure it was something like that. I had been talking to it with my dad when i saw in the paper that his Theory or Relativity had been disproven (a scientist discovered that when a star is first born the light it produces moves at a fraction of a second faster or something, prooving (sp?) that his theory of a constant speed of light is wrong) and im sure he had said something about this.

I dont think we should turn this into an arguement, but i do think it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

Sedyne
Aug 4, 2003, 09:54 AM
On 2003-08-04 05:26, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2003-08-03 21:06, RavenTW wrote:

But didnt the constant speed of light do something in the equations for the splitting of the the atom? Unless im confusing my theories im sure it was something like that. I had been talking to it with my dad when i saw in the paper that his Theory or Relativity had been disproven (a scientist discovered that when a star is first born the light it produces moves at a fraction of a second faster or something, prooving (sp?) that his theory of a constant speed of light is wrong) and im sure he had said something about this.

I dont think we should turn this into an arguement, but i do think it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

Actually the theory had states that energy = mass x wieght squared. By f***** with it, and rearanging the equation they were able to split an atom and put shitloads of energy into small amounts of space. Thus creating the bombs (Fat Man, I forget the 2nd Bombs name) that devestated Japan.

<<If anyone remembers MGS2 FATMAN the bomb guy was named after the big bomb dropped on Hiroshima...irony =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedyne on 2003-08-04 09:26 ]</font>

Aredhel
Aug 4, 2003, 11:32 AM
"Little Boy"