PDA

View Full Version : GC: Why is Rati and Sato so popular? What about Chao?

NeoLon
Jul 30, 2003, 09:30 PM
I think the Chao mags are under rated! what do u think?

Bit
Jul 30, 2003, 09:32 PM
Rati is just better.

End of story. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soukosa
Jul 30, 2003, 09:33 PM
Sato's and Rati's are easy to make. Chao mags require you to get all the stats to at least 36, which can be a major pain to do, and they require a mag cell.

kabuki64
Jul 30, 2003, 09:50 PM
I have a friend who really loves the Chao mag, it really is an intresting mag, and Im sure alot of other people like it too. Besides with less people using the Chao mag it gives your character a unique feature, heh instead of all those angle winged people.

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2003, 12:20 AM
On 2003-07-30 19:33, Kalonera wrote:
Sato's and Rati's

RARRGH DIE APOSTROPHE @&^!(&^!!!!

Chao needs a Mag cell and all stats over 35, which is a pain to get and makes for a pretty crappy Mag, too. Rati and Sato can be bred for focused stats, like a 5/145/50/0 Rati or a 50/0/0/150 Sato.

Besides, Rati are just plain -sexy-. ^_- How can you -not- love them? ^_^

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 31, 2003, 12:22 AM
Id like to get a chao mag, but there just so damn hard to get, so ill settle with Rati

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 12:24 AM
On 2003-07-30 22:20, Ian-KunX wrote:

Sato's and Rati's

Uh... what about them?

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2003, 12:31 AM
On 2003-07-30 22:24, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-07-30 22:20, Ian-KunX wrote:

Sato's and Rati's

Uh... what about them?

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the names of the Mags unless you're talking about something belonging to them, i.e., "My Rati's PBs are Estlla, Pilla and Mylla&Youlla". Just refering to multiple instances of them, there should be no apostrophe. "I like Satos." It's a very common grammatical error, and one that drives me completely insane whenever I see it. Blurgh.
...Then again, I think that 'Rati' should be singular -and- plural, since 'Ratis' both looks and sounds bad and could lead to mispronunciation/confusion. So what do I know? *shrug*

Treken
Jul 31, 2003, 12:37 AM
OK I love my rati but i created a nidra and it is so cool and is easier to feed than sato and they have invincibility. Well this is just my opinion.

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 12:44 AM
On 2003-07-30 22:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the names of the Mags unless you're talking about something belonging to them, i.e., "My Rati's PBs are Estlla, Pilla and Mylla&Youlla". Just refering to multiple instances of them, there should be no apostrophe. "I like Satos." It's a very common grammatical error, and one that drives me completely insane whenever I see it. Blurgh.
...Then again, I think that 'Rati' should be singular -and- plural, since 'Ratis' both looks and sounds bad and could lead to mispronunciation/confusion. So what do I know? *shrug*

Ah. I put that apostrophe in there since "Rati's" didn't look too well. Maybe the plural of "Rati" is the same as the singular, much like with "chao".

dj_dan
Jul 31, 2003, 12:52 AM
I think they just made the plural of Chao to be Chao because if you add an "S" it becomes another word Chaos (K-os) and they wanted to avoid confusion.

tennis_guy
Jul 31, 2003, 12:58 AM
I'd love to have a Chao mag, but how am I going to get a mag cell besides trading? Too hard to get a chao mag....

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 01:02 AM
On 2003-07-30 22:52, dj_dan wrote:
I think they just made the plural of Chao to be Chao because if you add an "S" it becomes another word Chaos (K-os) and they wanted to avoid confusion.

Yeah, even though I still see a lot of people put an "s" on the end. But, IMHO, not having the "s" in the plural form sounds better.

eXo
Jul 31, 2003, 02:45 AM
Satos are cute and colorful,pretty for the females and fashionbly fit for the males.plus the stat managment on a sato is very flexible compared to that of a Chao,simply because you are restricted to that pain of raising all stats to 35,i mean come on no one really needs a mag with 35 def in the long run :confuse: IMO the chao's real purpose is to create the striker of chao http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Over
Jul 31, 2003, 02:48 AM
Chao mags are cute and cool, theyre definately underated and should be classed as the best mag! * Goes up to his own chao mag and hugs it*

Nani-chan
Jul 31, 2003, 03:36 AM
Yeah but those require mag cells. I don't have any mag cells, nor can I duplicate them, nor can my friends duplicate them.

So making mags without mag cells is the only choice I have, lest a duper laughs at me for trading my rare items. *doesn't trade anymore since dupers always gloat and laugh at me* u.u;;

Plus Sato gives invincibility and Rati gives S/D and they look cuter then deva or bhima I guess. It's up to you all to decide what you like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-31 01:39 ]</font>

dude3282
Jul 31, 2003, 07:50 AM
Whatever happened to those people who swore by Soniti? (and No, they're not all hacked!)

Oh, and about that apostrophe thing - a guide for you illiterate morons.

http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Raziel_Kai
Jul 31, 2003, 08:30 AM
Yeah, the problem with Chao is the Cell mainly.
For Mag farmers, it's not that hard to get the stats one needs. But for some players, it does kinda put a damper on what kind of super stat boost a player wants from his MAG.

Rati and Sato MAGs are easier to raise, it only takes a little patience and some correct Section ID/class combination to have one.

I don't actually have a favorite MAG type, I usually get around with my 5/125/70/0 Diwari with a light grey underside color I managed to make.

NeiLast
Jul 31, 2003, 11:28 AM

In fact, Chao comes from the word Chaos. Chao comes from the Sonic games, where they are linked to the Chaos god/creature who gets more powerful with each Chaos emerald it consumes.

This makes me wonder how to pronounce Chao.

"Chow" or "Kay-aw" (like Chaos without an s at the end).

SubstanceD
Jul 31, 2003, 02:05 PM
Sato's and Rati's are easy to make. Chao mags require you to get all the stats to at least 36, which can be a major pain to do, and they require a mag cell.

Well, Kalonera's post more or less summed up everything that I was going to. Anybody can breed a Sato or a Rati Mag, all they need is the know-how. Chao Mags on the other hand can only be gotten via mag cells which are only available Online ( I am Offline only ) and only during certain times of the year meaning that they are very rare and that getting one is more hassle than it's realy worth ( come on it is just a cosmetic preference ). I don't know much about Mag cells ( I did not know that you had to get all stats to at least 36 for a Chao Mag for example ) but I do know that it can alos be complicated rasing them, that's why Rati and Sato Mags are more popular than Chao Mags.

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 02:08 PM
On 2003-07-31 09:28, NeiLast wrote:

In fact, Chao comes from the word Chaos. Chao comes from the Sonic games, where they are linked to the Chaos god/creature who gets more powerful with each Chaos emerald it consumes.

This makes me wonder how to pronounce Chao.

"Chow" or "Kay-aw" (like Chaos without an s at the end).

Its "Chow". Chao existed before Chaos anyway. But, I do want a Chao Mag, I can't wait until I get online!

Aeryn
Jul 31, 2003, 02:09 PM
The chao mag is nice but for those of us who are offline and can't get mag cells the rare mags like Rati are the only way to go.