PDA

View Full Version : Oran for Hunter???

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 31, 2003, 12:28 AM
I wanna make a HUnewearl with something other than swords, aka daggers and claws, u know, fast attacks. I just dont wanna waste my time. I figured Oran is good, what do you people think?

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 12:33 AM
Oran would be best for HU's, but it does get some other good things for RA's and FO's as well. It can get some good things to compliment other ID's, but wouldn't best ID for a first character.

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2003, 12:37 AM
No. Go with SKYLY or REDRIA or some other ID that finds decent things. ORAN can't even find all the daggers, for crying out loud, and it finds very few other things. If you've already got a SKYLY or REDRIA, go ahead with the ORAN, it's good for finding some items for Forces, and a couple of good rare armors... But for Hunters, it's really not a good ID, especially not stand-alone. Cross Scars, the Diska of Liberator/Dragon Slayer/etc of ORAN, are easily findable by many other section IDs, and ones that can get the Red Daggers as well. Although I suppose if you -really- want a Twin Chakram... *shrug*
ORAN also can't find -any- God/ units, to my knowledge. If you've got other good, solid Hunter IDs to support it, go ahead, but if you don't, forget it and go with a different one. It's not a -bad- section ID, but not one that stands well alone.

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 31, 2003, 12:37 AM
Well, i already have a HUmar lvl 105, so if she really sucks i can give her some stuff like delsabers stuff, but i wanna make something with insane speed so i can maul stuff!

Bit
Jul 31, 2003, 12:38 AM
My Main is an Oran, and he's found excellent rares that all my characters can use.

He's found Guilty Lights for my RAmarl, and The Sigh of a God for my FOmar. He's also found both Sting Tips, and both Mahu(TP stealing items) that my Forces love oh so much.

Oran is based around daggers, Yes.. But it also finds much more along the lines of Forces and Rangers, as Kalonera had said.

Go with Oran, I love it.

Edit: Fun with grammer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-07-30 22:39 ]</font>

5M0K35CR33N
Jul 31, 2003, 12:38 AM
My friends an oran HUcast, and he can't stop getting Daggers, the other day he also got a Silence Claw, so I guess that would be good. But if your looking for anything besides Daggers and Claws, orans pretty much going to give you the shaft.

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 31, 2003, 12:42 AM
Im gonna go with Bit on this one and get an oran. I have a lvl 32 RAmar that would love a guilty light, and a upcoming FOmarl that is pretty much set till lvl 100, but she could always use some other stuff, so ya, oran is the id fom me! I also have a great name lined up for her... *Bubbles*... hehe, bubbles. Thanks for all ur help! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 12:51 AM
On 2003-07-30 22:37, Ian-KunX wrote:
No. Go with SKYLY or REDRIA or some other ID that finds decent things. ORAN can't even find all the daggers, for crying out loud, and it finds very few other things. If you've already got a SKYLY or REDRIA, go ahead with the ORAN, it's good for finding some items for Forces, and a couple of good rare armors... But for Hunters, it's really not a good ID, especially not stand-alone. Cross Scars, the Diska of Liberator/Dragon Slayer/etc of ORAN, are easily findable by many other section IDs, and ones that can get the Red Daggers as well. Although I suppose if you -really- want a Twin Chakram... *shrug*
ORAN also can't find -any- God/ units, to my knowledge. If you've got other good, solid Hunter IDs to support it, go ahead, but if you don't, forget it and go with a different one. It's not a -bad- section ID, but not one that stands well alone.

It's true that Oran can't find all the daggers, but Skyly can't find all the swords, Redria can't find all the God units and such, Whitill can't find all the slicers, etc. Although, Oran can find the Syncesta the easiest, which is needed to make the strongest daggers in the game. Oh and Oran can find a God/HP in Ult Temple from a Merlan (I'm not sure if it can find any other though) and while you're there, you can pick up Egg Parts from the easiest places to get it.

Edit: Got Greenil and Oran mixed up, oopsie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalonera on 2003-07-30 23:07 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 31, 2003, 04:37 AM
My only God units are 2 God/TP from a Dubchic (Mines) off my Oran hunter.

If you really want that dagger based char, go for that Oran. Every ID has it's advantages and disadvantages. Oran will find plenty of daggers. My Oran hunter (lvl 109) has found alot of Cross Scars (a ton), rippers (even more), and 4 Sinow Beat Arms (in less than 100 hrs). The last thing I mentioned should be a big plus as S-Beats are pretty good for daggers, especially for not so high level chars; if you find them.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 31, 2003, 04:42 AM
ORAN RUUULES!!
HERE ARE my 10 stars with ORAN:

2 Guilty lights
SCORPIO LAUNCHER!!!
Elysion
egg blaster (parts)
Flowens shield
Hildebears cane/head
Anti-android rifle
AND MANY MORE!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Daneaus
Jul 31, 2003, 09:49 AM
I have a level 53 Oran HUmar.... He finds some really nice stuff... He has helped my higher level RAcast a couple of times with some items he has found... Oran is a good id... Itll be good for that character and any other characters you have... have fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif