PDA

View Full Version : Final Fanstay 7-2?!?!

FinalMasterM
Jul 31, 2003, 02:01 AM
Ok, I go into work today and the first thing a co-worker tells me is that Square is working on a Final Fantasy 7-2. Now, is it just me... or do I see the idea just sucking? I mean, FF7 is my favorite FF game, but how in hell do you make a sequal to it?

Rep0
Jul 31, 2003, 02:12 AM
I don't think that any Final Fantasy needs a sequel.

FinalMasterM
Jul 31, 2003, 02:18 AM
On 2003-07-31 00:12, Rep0 wrote:
I don't think that any Final Fantasy needs a sequel.

I agree, all end in a way that they wouldn't need a sequal, but to give 7 one... it will just degrade it, imo.

eXo
Jul 31, 2003, 02:37 AM
Well its to bad because or opinions really dont matter *LOL* i mean the FF series is going to have its first ever official sequel soon in FFX-2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and to make it even worst the game consist of a whole female cast,and the whole point of it is that yuna wants to try and find her true love the blitzball player tidus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Atax
Jul 31, 2003, 03:34 AM
It's not definite nor is it a sequel; Square is merely considering a revamped edition of FF7, for the PSP.

Kizaragu
Jul 31, 2003, 05:44 AM
A sequel would just ruin FF7. A remake wouldn't be quite so bad, If they used the graphics engine from Kingdom Hearts (As Cloud looked so damn cool) I think it could be a success. But I've lost all faith in Square-Enix since I've seen all this FFX-2 cack and the Fact that FF11's been officially Called (By them) a Failure. They should just leave it as it is.

Ness
Jul 31, 2003, 08:10 AM
On 2003-07-31 00:37, eXo wrote:
Well its to bad because or opinions really dont matter *LOL* i mean the FF series is going to have its first ever official sequel soon in FFX-2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and to make it even worst the game consist of a whole female cast,and the whole point of it is that yuna wants to try and find her true love the blitzball player tidus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Not to mention that the entire game is for veiwing pleasure of lonely males. Rikku was cool until Square turned her into a slut. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bounty-Hunter
Jul 31, 2003, 09:59 AM
FF7-2 isnt a sequel. In the game Aeris died and she was going to be brought back to life but the Square ran out of time so they decided to make a sequel where Aeris comes back to life.

ginko990
Jul 31, 2003, 10:13 AM
On 2003-07-31 06:10, Ness wrote:

On 2003-07-31 00:37, eXo wrote:

Not to mention that the entire game is for veiwing pleasure of lonely males. Rikku was cool until Square turned her into a slut. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm Rikku, getting out of water/wet suit...hmmm

nah, i think this games gunna be good. i stopped following its details of pre-release and whatnot, but im still going to get it when it comes out.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 31, 2003, 11:10 AM
FF 7-2 could always be a story about Red13 and his new son. You'd have to see the last movie after you beat sephiroth to understand it.

Captain_Dude
Aug 1, 2003, 04:46 AM
Bah, Square are just selling out. It's all moneys fault! CURSE YOU MONEY!

Bah, I still think FFX-2 was one of the worst ideas Square had since they decided not to rename the company "Squenix" (That sounds SOOO much better than "Square-Enix".

I wannt play FFXI, it looks good. Beautiful graphics, massively multiplayer, battle system that stays true to the Final Fantasy series, great music, good monthly fee considering it's an MMORPG ($10, roughly the same price as PSO, but it looks a whole lot better than PSO).

Kizaragu
Aug 1, 2003, 08:32 AM
Squenix heh heh. I think your right though, square are in it for the money now. I don't even get that excited about new FF games any more, I'm I'm a huge fan. The Next generation ones just don't appeal to me...

s.TiNgEr
Aug 1, 2003, 11:02 AM
of course their in it for the money. What else would they be doing? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Aug 1, 2003, 11:19 AM
Of course, if they did make another game to expand on the story of Final Fantasy VII, it could always be a prequel...

Square did disprove this rumor a while back.

Artemidorus
Aug 1, 2003, 11:35 AM
On 2003-07-31 01:34, Atax wrote:
It's not definite nor is it a sequel; Square is merely considering a revamped edition of FF7, for the PSP.

THAT is cool. It gets annoying seeing Cloud run around with no mouth, elbows, or waist. I would totally buy a "re-vamped" version. Especially if they let you revive Aeris, but I'm doubting that one. . .

Kizaragu
Aug 1, 2003, 11:49 AM
A prequel? Never thought of that. Now that could work! You'd get to know sephiroth a bit better, and parts of the story line could be cleared up without ruining FF7.
A funny thing about that happened the other day.

I was in Town with DSalpha (We were walking all the way to PC world. Do you know how far that is? Plus it was sooooooo hot) and I tried explaining the plot thoroughly to him to explain parts he missed or whatever. I explained the Complex story and on several occasions kept contradicting myself. Man that stories full of holes!

**************SPOILER FROM HERE ONWARDS********************
Forgive me if I get some aspects of the story wrong. Haven't played it proppally in ages. Please correct me If I do

If Cloud was really just your run of the Mill military dude and Not a member of SOLDIER, How come people keep pointing out the mako in his eyes?

Why did Cloud take Zacks identity?

Hojo called Cloud a Failed experiment, Why? (This is where I get confused. Did he think Cloud was Zack? If so how come Zack was a failure? This probably was explained but I havent played it in sooo long)

And wasn't it a bad thing when Holy failed and Lifestream was used instead to protect the planet at the end? I thought that was what Cloud and co wanted to prevent? Just because Sephiroth isn't there to absorb it, your still using a huge majority of the planets lifestream. No lifestream, No life.

Sorry I rambled on a bit.

(Plus if your part of the Shinras military what are you called? You can't be called a SOLDIER as thats for the special dudes.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-08-01 09:54 ]</font>

Atax
Aug 1, 2003, 12:24 PM
Pretty sure from what I remember of the story line, tha it isn't mako but jeneva's (think what she's) cells that are enduced in the new memers of SOLDIER; Saying it was Mako was a cover up. Which is why Sephiroth could manipulate Cloud.

And I think Cloud was considered a failure because his body partially rejected the cells.

Could be partially/totally correct/wrong, but considering it's been years since I've played through the game, my mine is a bit on the fritz when it comes to remember this stuff.

DualHydra
Aug 1, 2003, 09:49 PM
ff7 sucked 7-2 would suck more. ffx pwnz it. thats why theres a x-2 and its gonna pwn it more.

Slicer238
Aug 1, 2003, 10:28 PM
On 2003-08-01 09:49, Kizaragu wrote:

If Cloud was really just your run of the Mill military dude and Not a member of SOLDIER, How come people keep pointing out the mako in his eyes?

Why did Cloud take Zacks identity?

I can answer these. All people that signed for SOLDIER were exposed to mako. Meaning all Voulenteers got it.

Coud spaced after being in the test tube from the reactor expertment and when Zack died he assumed himself that he did everything Zack did. I'm pretty sure thats the answers. If not correct me.

Rep0
Aug 1, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-08-01 19:49, Tidus_415 wrote:
ff7 sucked 7-2 would suck more. ffx pwnz it. thats why theres a x-2 and its gonna pwn it more.

I believe that you are crazy.

Then again, I don't really like the FF's after VI.

eXo
Aug 2, 2003, 04:18 AM
On 2003-07-31 03:44, Kizaragu wrote:
I think it could be a success. But I've lost all faith in Square-Enix since I've seen all this FFX-2 cack and the Fact that FF11's been officially Called (By them) a Failure. They should just leave it as it is.

What are you serious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif that was funny maybe you should visit http://www.playonline.com or and you will clearly see that FFXI has been giving the title of Squares most anticipated game in franchise history,how true this is im not sure because i have never played it,but it is my understanding that they have come along way from the japan release and,the US release will go much more smoothly,its more then just luck,that sony invested more then 140 million into square last year to keep it operational EGM magazine issue # 153,in doing so with the exception of Final fantasy tactics for GBA & Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for GC. Sony has successfully secured the exclusive right to the next 5 Final fantasy titles. This includes FFX-2 FFXI FFXII -*this game is also in development as we speak has an 2004 expected release date* and two other FF series titles 2 be released at a future date.
The bottomline is that FFXI is not a flop,bust,failure or anything close to it,actually sony had to convince square to push back the, release date so that they could meet the supply and demand for the harddrive thats coming prepacked with FFXI.

Kizaragu
Aug 2, 2003, 04:27 AM
I'm certain I'd read that square said it was a 'failure'. I do know that this was said shortly after it had been released in Japan and they were having all those problems. Too be honest I haven't look much into 11 since then But if what you say is true I'll be happy to eat my Words! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DualHydra
Aug 2, 2003, 01:28 PM
come on why would they say its a failure....just ask the public...it's a failure in japan. since most people here like what the jp like think about it....it aint going nowhere.

Vitamin_D
Aug 2, 2003, 02:08 PM
Final Fantasy VIII > Final Fantasy VII

Reenee
Aug 2, 2003, 02:18 PM
Wasn't there a sort of sequel already done with the Final Fantasy series?

I never played any of the old 8-bit/16-bit ones, but I remember somewhere saying that two of the Final Fantasies included the same orphaned warriors.

Firocket1690
Aug 3, 2003, 03:20 AM

some people just have different ideas in which to be considered 'slut' I have heard many speak of the very HUnewearl as 'slut.' some people consider those strippers in NYC as sluts. it's all just a matter of personal opinion.

A woman considered sexually promiscuous.
A woman prostitute.

Dictionary.com

No, Rikku does not have any sex in any of the Final Fantasies, nor do the online PSO HUne's

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bday.gif

Guile
Aug 3, 2003, 05:00 AM
It's probaly not gonna happen...or atleast not made until like 50 years cuz square is slow.