PDA

View Full Version : GAMECUBE or XBOX?

neomarz
Jul 31, 2003, 12:22 PM
Which system is better for PSO GAMECUBE or XBOX?
I have a GC and already own PSO but, my GC keeps getting errors and a black screen with white words appears so I am considering either getting a new GC or an Xbox (note: I don't have DSL or Broadband, but considering a modem adapter)

Wufei
Jul 31, 2003, 12:33 PM
Well if you don't have broadband, stick with the Gamecube version I guess ...

K9999
Jul 31, 2003, 12:35 PM
Well retard since XBL is broadband only looks like this is pointless eh?

Obscenity
Jul 31, 2003, 12:47 PM
If anyone has the option of either GC or XBox, I don't know why they would pick GC. No voice chatting sucks, and so do character corrupts.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-07-31 10:22, neomarz wrote:
my GC keeps getting errors and a black screen with white words appears

Clean it, or get it repaired. That's all it means.

If you don't have broadband, then don't get the Xbox version, it's simple as that. But, thanks, you've probably started another "which console is better" thread and we'll have fanboys galore in a minute...

K9999
Jul 31, 2003, 01:01 PM
Seriously anyone who is voting XBOX is a fucking retard

Neverwinter
Jul 31, 2003, 01:17 PM
GC GC GC it got to be.....GC!

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 01:24 PM
Gamecube for life baby!. ^_^

Its the only place where, real gamers, hide form the evil clutches of Xbox fanboys, The voice chatting option is cool tho. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pixel441 on 2003-07-31 11:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pixel441 on 2003-07-31 11:26 ]</font>

Ghaleon
Jul 31, 2003, 01:31 PM
game cuuuube

tiltnkirby26
Jul 31, 2003, 01:49 PM
On 2003-07-31 11:01, K9999 wrote:
Seriously anyone who is voting XBOX is a fucking retard

I own and like the GC version(haven't played the xbox) but you don't need to attack the xbox people like that.

lordinviso
Jul 31, 2003, 02:29 PM
GAMECUBE ALL TEH WAY!. XBOX SUCKS!. lol yea GC.

inDOMinable
Jul 31, 2003, 02:34 PM
I have more reasons than this string could hold, so I'll just keep it short. I despise the XBOX and think it is a plague delivered upon the gaming world. GAMECUBE, no $hit.

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 02:35 PM
If anyone has the option of either GC or XBox, I don't know why they would pick GC. No voice chatting sucks, and so do character corrupts.
I don't want to be a fanboy, but I have to react to this.
Voice chat is nice, but it's not a neccessity. You can go a long way with a keyboard, and sometimes it's even better, with all the symbols, plus if you use proper grammar and spelling, you will be easy to understand, while with voice chat it's hit or miss.
And character corrupting can also happen on XBox, especially on the memory card if you ever use it.

HighCvSRank
Jul 31, 2003, 02:35 PM
GC fanboys...lol...i got pso on both systems and love both systems but honestly i like the xbox version better less problems and voice chat is awesome! and also much more games to choose from for xbox live...hmm....GC pso only ? sucks huh?

Sedyne
Jul 31, 2003, 02:55 PM
On 2003-07-31 11:24, Pixel441 wrote:
Gamecube for life baby!. ^_^

Its the only place where, real gamers, hide form the evil clutches of Xbox fanboys, The voice chatting option is cool tho. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pixel441 on 2003-07-31 11:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pixel441 on 2003-07-31 11:26 ]</font>

You just contradicted yourself there dumbass.

Since you don't have DSL get the GameCube version.

however one thing i noticed about GAMEcube PSO compared to xbox pso...

its like when u first see a dvd player movie...your like oh this isn't much better than VHS......

then u use dvd player for along time...then see a VHS...and say WTF IS THIS SHITTY QUALITY?

That's how Xbox feels towards gamecube....u do notice a much bigger difference in graphics comparing the two. I can't even look at gamecube pso ;3

Link00seven
Jul 31, 2003, 03:11 PM
I personally like the Gamecube better then Xbox. And I own both.

Gamecube has a better community, and more quest.

Artemidorus
Jul 31, 2003, 03:13 PM
Gamecube all the way!
Get a PS2 and your totally set! Thats what Ive got (GCN & PS2) and Its lovely!

Neoluke12
Jul 31, 2003, 03:19 PM
Gotta go with gamecube for its non broadband needed modem

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 03:25 PM
Uhhh, I like my NGC version of PSO, I am just saying that the Voice chat is cool notice the [THO], But, I will stick with my GC no matter what. ^_^

FinalHell
Jul 31, 2003, 03:38 PM
GC? are u on the crank? U cant get voice chat in GC, U get curroption on the GC, U dont have broadband on GC. The bad only thing bout xbox is that they dont have the quest yet but they will soon. Also if u dont wanna talk u can get a USB adaptor and use ur computer keyboard. Xbox pretty much has every thing, xcept for the quest.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 03:43 PM
On 2003-07-31 13:38, FinalHell wrote:
U dont have broadband on GC.

Broadband is available for the Gamecube, I'm using it right now. And U isn't a word.

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 04:21 PM
That's how Xbox feels towards gamecube....u do notice a much bigger difference in graphics comparing the two. I can't even look at gamecube pso ;3
Graphics are not important. Fun factor is.

GC? are u on the crank? U cant get voice chat in GC
So? It's an extra. It's not a neccessity. It depends on your tastes, too.

U get curroption on the GC
On XBox too, just less.
I haven't been corrupted yet, and I have done much playing.

U dont have broadband on GC
This is where the term "XBox fanboy" comes into play. You don't know what you are talking about. You can have broadband on GameCube. I use it, as well as many others.

The bad only thing bout xbox is that they dont have the quest yet but they will soon.
Soon? The same thing was said some months ago.
And it's not the only bad thing. There is much more hacking on the XBox than the GameCube, despite having been out longer.

Xbox pretty much has every thing, xcept for the quest.
Yeah, right. Again, massive hacking. And there has recently been a decrease in players. Plus, something that XBox doesn't have, is connection between the EU, US and JP servers.

K9999
Jul 31, 2003, 04:29 PM
The fact that corruption exists on the GC is reason alone not to buy it. BTW how do you have more "fun" on the GC? Do you roleplay as a big mangina getting free jswords with your HUnewearl?

Pastullio
Jul 31, 2003, 04:29 PM
does your GC say to insert a disc or that it can't read a disc? if it did that happened to me and a lot of people too, the first GC that were released will all get this problem within a year or two of use, get a new GC, thats what i did and it works fine, plus if you get XB then you have to get new games and you won't be able to play the GC games you allready have

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 05:13 PM
Corruption a reason not to get GameCube? It also exist on the XBox, just less. And it really isn't a reason not to get it. People are still having fun with the game even though corruption exists, and it doesn't happen to everyone. Look at me, I've never been corrupted.

And as for GameCube being more fun, it depends on your taste. But personally, I wouldn't enjoy playing online when massive hacking is going on.

GameCube gets those problems after one or two years? Must be the same thing that happens to Dreamcasts every one or two years. Probably because of aging metal.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 05:43 PM
On 2003-07-31 14:29, Pastullio wrote:
does your GC say to insert a disc or that it can't read a disc? if it did that happened to me and a lot of people too, the first GC that were released will all get this problem within a year or two of use, get a new GC, thats what i did and it works fine, plus if you get XB then you have to get new games and you won't be able to play the GC games you allready have

Some people just can't afford another Gamecube.. My black one has given me that error twice now. Both in PSO. Well, if it ever dies, I always have my good ol' purple Gamecube to back me up.

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 06:37 PM
You pretty much FOwned them Benoit nice ^_^. Besides, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so if theres a disscusion, keep in mind that you are not going to change anyone's mind ^_^

Sparkoma
Jul 31, 2003, 07:10 PM
ok have both and i like xbox the best its really just that u can talk to ppl and its doesnt corrupt. yes it is slow then gc with geting the new shit out (really slow!) but its just better...

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-07-31 17:10, Sparkoma wrote:
ok have both and i like xbox the best its really just that u can talk to ppl and its doesnt corrupt. yes it is slow then gc with geting the new shit out (really slow!) but its just better...

It does corrupt, just today there was a topic in the tech support forum about a corrupted PSOX save.

Benoit
Jul 31, 2003, 08:20 PM
Actually that topic has been there since yesterday. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I thought to post it as additional evidence, but meh.

Heavy_E
Jul 31, 2003, 08:26 PM
On 2003-07-31 10:35, K9999 wrote:
Well retard since XBL is broadband only looks like this is pointless eh?

Maybe the guy didn't know. Seriously do jackasses like you even think before you post.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 31, 2003, 10:34 PM
I voted xbox before i read that he has no broadband. And i dont enjoy being called a retard*gets his rifle and scope*

Xion001
Jul 31, 2003, 11:04 PM
Well I have the GC one, but i played the Xbox one and i dont see much of a diffrence, but lack of quests and people on Xbox. Xbox's voice chat somewhat makes up for it.

Para
Jul 31, 2003, 11:12 PM
GC is good if you are going about to play offline multiplayer with a huge group of friends since you can actually bring your character around with you.

Emiko
Aug 1, 2003, 12:12 AM
Damn.... listen to this. I have every version of PSO (incl: PC) and I think they BOTH have there ups & downs. I will list them.

High Speed Internet: Xbox Required, GC Optional.
I like the flexability of not needing highspeed internet, but I like not having lag much more. 1 point for Xbox.

Voice Chat: Xbox has, GC does not.
Personally I HATE, yes, I HATE voice chat. So I would give a very biased opinion on this. So I'll just give a point to GC and NOT slaughter the Xbox's voice system.

Memory Device: Xbox Hard drive, GC Unit.
I extremely enjoyed creating my 48 characters off my Xbox's Hard drive. I dont like the fact that only 4 characters are allowed on the GC memory units at a time. So, lets see... for GC to come up with the 48 characters it would need... Twelve Mamory Cards. A total of $360. I will now bestow Xbox 1 point, out of a deserved 48. And, to be kind, I will not begin to yell about the DC's 1 character per card.

Curruption: Xbox some, GC more.
I dont know of this because I have never had it happened. But I have heard, by far, way more complaints about GC. 1 point for Xbox.

Quests: Xbox has, GC owns.
Granted GC has many more quests than Xbox, Xbox will have them to come, but this is a rating and this point goes to GC.

People: Xbox many, GC many more.
For people wise, GC owns Xbox. there are MANY more people on the GC servers than the Xbox Servers. Another point to GC.

Graphics: Xbox/GC/Dreamcast THE SAME.
The graphics, minus the pretty water, are all the same. I don't want to hear "Xbox is better," 'cause its not. They may RUN smoother but the actual GRAPHICS are the same. Ofcorse this is My Opinion.

Gameplay: Xbox excelent, GC the same.
They are equal, because they are the same game.

Points: Xbox Three, GC Three. Wow... I cant make a judgement on this, therefor I will not make a vote. In MY OPINION I believe they both have there ups and downs.

EDIT: I will never tell >.> | <.< | >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emiko on 2003-07-31 22:34 ]</font>

Sparkoma
Aug 1, 2003, 12:35 AM
On 2003-07-31 21:12, Nites wrote:
GC is good if you are going about to play offline multiplayer with a huge group of friends since you can actually bring your character around with you.

???? xbox u can move your guy around with you

elfin
Aug 1, 2003, 03:05 AM
In reference to what Emiko wrote... Id like to add to that list...

Xbox is hacked beyond any and all hope..... GCN sure has alot of dupes and such, and the hacks sure keeps on coming. But its not even in the same universe as the Xbox, as of yet.

Xbox can not interact with other regions, if u live in EU then your forced to play exclusivly at EU servers... GCN can play with all.

Outrider
Aug 1, 2003, 03:13 AM
I'm sorry, I'd really like to comment on how we gotta stop system bashing...

...but I'm still laughing about that guy who said they had different graphics.

ZeroPhantasy
Aug 1, 2003, 03:27 AM
I played the game both on xbox and GC.it is so much better on xbox.....its so quiet in the GC lobbys.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 1, 2003, 04:32 AM
i have the gc

no xbox caus most of the games are for the pc too. so why wast money for what a computer can do better

AndyPandy
Aug 1, 2003, 08:10 AM
On 2003-08-01 02:32, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
i have the gc

no xbox caus most of the games are for the pc too. so why wast money for what a computer can do better

Ah right...is PSO EP 1 and 2 out for the PC....I didnt realize.

AndyPandy
Aug 1, 2003, 08:15 AM
On 2003-08-01 01:05, elfin wrote:
In reference to what Emiko wrote... Id like to add to that list...

Xbox is hacked beyond any and all hope..... GCN sure has alot of dupes and such, and the hacks sure keeps on coming. But its not even in the same universe as the Xbox, as of yet.

Xbox can not interact with other regions, if u live in EU then your forced to play exclusivly at EU servers... GCN can play with all.

Heh, you should take a look at your past characters, then think again.

Voodoochild
Aug 1, 2003, 08:26 AM
Gc all the way mate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Namevah
Aug 1, 2003, 08:42 AM
I have online for GCN and Xbox Live but only PSO for GCN. Why? Monthly fees. I dont like paying more than one fee at a time. And voice chat. For me it is either dead quiet in Unreal Championship or full of jerks yelling in MeckAssault. Is this the same for PSOX? I dont know but the impression those people on the other games made on me will last for some time...

tank1
Aug 1, 2003, 08:58 AM
GC! cuz the xbox might have about an extra pixel worth more in graphics but the game cube aint been haked to the next century!!!

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 09:08 AM
On 2003-07-31 22:12, Emiko wrote:
Damn.... listen to this. I have every version of PSO (incl: PC) and I think they BOTH have there ups & downs. I will list them.

High Speed Internet: Xbox Required, GC Optional.
I like the flexability of not needing highspeed internet, but I like not having lag much more. 1 point for Xbox.

Voice Chat: Xbox has, GC does not.
Personally I HATE, yes, I HATE voice chat. So I would give a very biased opinion on this. So I'll just give a point to GC and NOT slaughter the Xbox's voice system.

Memory Device: Xbox Hard drive, GC Unit.
I extremely enjoyed creating my 48 characters off my Xbox's Hard drive. I dont like the fact that only 4 characters are allowed on the GC memory units at a time. So, lets see... for GC to come up with the 48 characters it would need... Twelve Mamory Cards. A total of $360. I will now bestow Xbox 1 point, out of a deserved 48. And, to be kind, I will not begin to yell about the DC's 1 character per card.

Curruption: Xbox some, GC more.
I dont know of this because I have never had it happened. But I have heard, by far, way more complaints about GC. 1 point for Xbox.

Quests: Xbox has, GC owns.
Granted GC has many more quests than Xbox, Xbox will have them to come, but this is a rating and this point goes to GC.

People: Xbox many, GC many more.
For people wise, GC owns Xbox. there are MANY more people on the GC servers than the Xbox Servers. Another point to GC.

Graphics: Xbox/GC/Dreamcast THE SAME.
The graphics, minus the pretty water, are all the same. I don't want to hear "Xbox is better," 'cause its not. They may RUN smoother but the actual GRAPHICS are the same. Ofcorse this is My Opinion.

Gameplay: Xbox excelent, GC the same.
They are equal, because they are the same game.

Points: Xbox Three, GC Three. Wow... I cant make a judgement on this, therefor I will not make a vote. In MY OPINION I believe they both have there ups and downs.

EDIT: I will never tell >.> | <.< | >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emiko on 2003-07-31 22:34 ]</font>

You should have given the point to XBox for even having voice chat to begin with. You always have the option of not using. I mean how hard is it to unplug the headset? Learn to be objective. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a useless feature, or that the XBox version deserves a demerit for it. Just the opposite, in fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-01 07:50 ]</font>

Neoluke12
Aug 1, 2003, 09:12 AM
Shut up you fanboy

tank1
Aug 1, 2003, 09:40 AM
thats 1 big thred and game cube is far superior weve got quests(granted so will u soon) why the hell do u need 48 chars u gonna level em all up to a 100 or sumthing the gamecubes internet is just as fast if not faster you left out that your xbox version is hacked as helkl and has more holes than a machine gunned sieve oh and soon ya probably all gonna get nolled so i think gamecube will take that extra point bak and leave xbox with nil!

Oh i forgot Xbox is also limitted to ya local area also and aint international we can got to anyserver worldwide another point for game cube WOOT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2003-08-01 07:42 ]</font>

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 09:56 AM
Oh i forgot Xbox is also limitted to ya local area also and aint international we can got to anyserver worldwide another point for game cube WOOT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2003-08-01 07:42 ]</font>

Big deal. I never have any problem finding anyone to play with on XBL. I don't see what's so great about connecting to JP/EU servers. What difference does it make?

LoreSeeker
Aug 1, 2003, 10:06 AM
I'm sticking with my GameCube version. The Xbox one has some nice features and everything, but my level 125 RAmar is on GC. I really don't want to do that again. The community on PSOGC is also better from what I have seen at my friend's house. For just about any other game, I would choose Xbox, but GC has the advantage here... for once.

ashramrak
Aug 1, 2003, 10:12 AM
just be serious I've finished seat of the heart with elly and kireek.... what a plot !

it's a shame that there are not much online quests on xbox

as for xbox download quest I've already played them all on DC so....

plus the fact that the xbox ver is full of hackers & dupers well; AND that sonic team is mainly supporting nintendo .... GC power http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anyway if I had a xbox and no GC (nero protect me !) I would buy the xbox ver of course

Pixel441
Aug 1, 2003, 10:22 AM
w0rd!

funkybob
Aug 1, 2003, 11:43 AM
gamecube is the best.

Benoit
Aug 1, 2003, 11:47 AM
You should have given the point to XBox for even having voice chat to begin with. You always have the option of not using. I mean how hard is it to unplug the headset? Learn to be objective. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a useless feature, or that the XBox version deserves a demerit for it. Just the opposite, in fact.
Alright, so you plug the headset out. Now what? There is nothing else to communicate with. Well, there is a keyboard, but then you must pay 6.95$ shipping to get it, and who knows how much time you will wait. You can't deny that the voice chat is and remains the standard communication on XBox.

and soon ya probably all gonna get nolled
NOLing has been fixed forever. So says Barubary.

Big deal. I never have any problem finding anyone to play with on XBL. I don't see what's so great about connecting to JP/EU servers. What difference does it make?
Simple. More people, more interesting people(hey you can learn something about their country!), and it corresponds with the spirit of PSO. PSO is a game that's made to interact with the whole world and make friends. The XBox version goes against Yuji Naka's dream, which he created the game for.

Pastullio
Aug 1, 2003, 12:19 PM
about what i was saying that the GC's that were purchased right after the release had the problem of not working within a year or two, i've heard RUMORS that nintendo fixed the problem though and if you get a new GC you should not have that problem

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 12:36 PM
Simple. More people, more interesting people(hey you can learn something about their country!), and it corresponds with the spirit of PSO. PSO is a game that's made to interact with the whole world and make friends. The XBox version goes against Yuji Naka's dream, which he created the game for.

I've been to Europe. I've been to Japan. I wasn't impressed. Besides, in case you haven't noticed, most of the rest of the world hates Americans.

PABLOparavida
Aug 1, 2003, 12:50 PM
I think Gamecube is better but I have never played on XBOX so I wouldn't really know but everyone says Gamecube is better.

Pixel441
Aug 1, 2003, 12:50 PM
And, thats a reason to hate them too? =^_^=

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 12:57 PM
On 2003-08-01 10:50, Pixel441 wrote:

Did I say I hated them? No. I just don't care whether I play PSO with them or not.

Vecar
Aug 1, 2003, 01:19 PM
Gamecube is definitely better because in my opinion x-box dosent really have as many good games other than xenosaga and halo.

ashramrak
Aug 1, 2003, 02:41 PM
On 2003-08-01 10:57, Obscenity wrote:

On 2003-08-01 10:50, Pixel441 wrote:

Did I say I hated them? No. I just don't care whether I play PSO with them or not.

that's not gonna make the boat sail further

Benoit
Aug 1, 2003, 03:04 PM
I don't hate Americans, I like to play with them. People hate the nation, not its people. And if you can't be social with people just because they are from another country, then you're >censored<.

Nern
Aug 1, 2003, 03:15 PM
Im on the Box and I would have to say that even though i havent played the Cube version, Im am more than likely switching to GCN. The lack of quests, hacks(dear god there are so many), and the huge amount of whiney brats and all round rude racist people on the mic are quickly driving me away. The ONLY reason im still on Xbox is the voice chat. Please tell me GCN isnt like the above.

ashramrak
Aug 1, 2003, 03:58 PM
it's really nothing like that as far as I can tell

Outrider
Aug 1, 2003, 03:59 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:19, Vecar wrote:
Gamecube is definitely better because in my opinion x-box dosent really have as many good games other than xenosaga and halo.

Err... Xenosaga's on Playstation 2.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 2, 2003, 12:16 AM
i was about to say that too. And plus xbox has many more good games than halo trust me i own one. Really the only hacks ive seen on xbox people arent even really hacks. The shop dupe many considered a hack..merely an exploit that was fixed. I know i ask a bunch by saying this but name all the hacks you supposedly say exists on xbox. Either show some hacks that exist or have no say those are your choices.

Para
Aug 2, 2003, 01:06 AM
honestly if you plan to play online and not with friends offline GC or XBOX would suit your needs but if you play ALOT of offline with a nice big group of friends (friends/cousins play with me alot... got like 12 different players going around and its expanding lol) then GC would be in your favour.

Nern
Aug 2, 2003, 11:47 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:16, Solidus_Snake wrote:
i was about to say that too. And plus xbox has many more good games than halo trust me i own one. Really the only hacks ive seen on xbox people arent even really hacks. The shop dupe many considered a hack..merely an exploit that was fixed. I know i ask a bunch by saying this but name all the hacks you supposedly say exists on xbox. Either show some hacks that exist or have no say those are your choices.

Iam on Xbox as well and I have seen many "hacks". Ill list some off the top of my head.
-Al Rappy(nuff said)This guy,in my opinion,is the worst of the bunch.

-All the photon drop quest items

-Weapons(Note these were all out before the photon drop quest.)
Double Cannon
Black King Bar
Snow Queen
Magical Piece
Power Mauser...blah blah..any weapon/item combitnation the requires the photon drop quest. These where in the game about 1 month after release probably earlier.(Note there is a laundry list of these. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302 )

-TJ Sword(again..Nuff said)

-Any weapon with crazy %(there's alot of these items. I used to have a bank full of them.)

-Any Holiday items, rappy drops ect.(easter eggs maybe but very doubtful), mag cells.

-Hacked Mags(200 power, 200 Def..u get the picture)

-materials only availible in challenge mode(TP, Hit..)

These items are everywhere. There are more that I havent even listed,and thanks to the Action Replay and the recently deceased shop dupe, they are too easy to obtain. Open your Eyes!

Nern
Aug 2, 2003, 02:32 PM
A few more that I have remembered

Parasite Gene "Flow" (not sure)
Dark Flow
Dark Bridge
Dark Meteor
All S-Rank Weapons
Demonic Fork
Flame Garment
Nei's Claw (Ill Gil drop)
All Rings

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 03:02 PM
You guys need to stop with these posts and just buy whatever version YOU want to and not what everyone else says to get.

Superfly_TNT
Aug 2, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-07-31 10:47, Obscenity wrote:

u are such an idiot. gc has more players who play the game for the game, xbox has a lot more problems with it than gc. corruption is a minor problem that has only happened to about 10% of the people who play the game. and that's maybe 1,000 people out of the 100,000 people who play. think for a change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 16:12 ]</font>

Bad_Dreams99
Aug 2, 2003, 06:07 PM
Xbox and GC are both good. There isnt any difference in graphics because there both 128-bit. The only difference in PSO for gamecube is that there are more items.

tornado216
Aug 2, 2003, 07:05 PM
I don't really see any reason to hate the XBOX version, but I just think GC is better because of more quests, more people, and more nations to play with. They only reason I would like PSOX is because of the Voice Chat, but it seems to be annoying. Typing with that stupid letter by letter game keyboard is annoying...

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 07:54 PM
u are such an idiot. gc has more players who play the game for the game, not to hack and pk people like all you gay xbox fags do. xbox has a lot more problems with it than gc.
Wow in your blind rage of fanboyism you are accusing all Xbox players of hacking and pk'ing? Thats odd....I've never heard of PK on EpI&II. Alot more problems eh? Could you name them?

Monomate
Aug 2, 2003, 08:29 PM
A.) GAMECUBE IS BETTER PERIOD...NO MATTER WHAT
2.) This is kind of unfair...to me it seems that there are more GC people on PSOW than XBrick peeps (not exactly sure...but it seems that way to me...)

Benoit
Aug 2, 2003, 08:33 PM
I don't really see any reason to hate the XBOX version, but I just think GC is better because of more quests, more people, and more nations to play with. They only reason I would like PSOX is because of the Voice Chat, but it seems to be annoying. Typing with that stupid letter by letter game keyboard is annoying...
Now that was a nice neutral post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Yes, voice chat is nice, but lags 3 seconds before getting to the other side.
And the letter by letter keyboard is called the software keyboard. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wow in your blind rage of fanboyism you are accusing all Xbox players of hacking and pk'ing? Thats odd....I've never heard of PK on EpI&II. Alot more problems eh? Could you name them?
Actually, he was saying that on GameCube the percentage of people playing the game to play the game is higher than that of XBox.
The problems he was referring to? Look above.

ChokingVictim
Aug 2, 2003, 08:40 PM
regarding the post quoted right above...

so homophobia is ok and so called fanboy beahavior is bad...sure makes sense to me...

how many of these f*cking threads are there gonna be... is it that hard for people to mentally chew gum and walk at the same time... some people bought the cube for certain reasons, same with the box... i bought an xbox and have no GC, yes you do have to be a broadband user, yes it sucks not to chat to people in other regions, yes i'm jealous of certain games in the cube's library like Metroid, Zelda, Animal Crossing etc...all of which i might add, are first party titles

on the other hand, voice chat suits me more, i like the idea of paying straight up for xbl instead of popping down however much for the keyboard and the modem, XBL is the hands-down best set up for console playing online... now my biggest gripe with the cube sounds silly- i hate the controller.. it's all about the controller-s for me, again- personal preference here people...

if you think GC PSO is a more 'pure' playing arena, then fine.. if you like the idea of playing more than all of 2 games online after you pay for a console, modem, and keyboard...then fine..some people hate the xbox controllers...so be it

pick whatever system suits your tastes... i for one went with the box after playing both systems at a friend's one weekend...
the new mario kart game looks stellar, as does rogue squadron 3. Me, i'll settle for ninja gaiden, counterstrike, DOA online, full spectrum warrior, fable..etc

the fanboy sh*t from either side is tired. there are too many reasons to pick one over the other if you want to focus on one system...and given how cheap it's become to buy a gamecube, owning both isn't that hard now...

please if you are going to express your dislike for another system, use a grain of intelligence for once

anyone can use the words 'f*g, g*y, retard...etc'

Para
Aug 2, 2003, 11:15 PM
On 2003-08-02 13:14, Superfly_TNT wrote:
corruption is a minor problem that has only happened to about 10% of the people who play the game. and that's maybe 1,000 people out of the 100,000 people who play.

i myself havent corrupted... but maybe thats because i play offline? I am not familiar with the FSOD nor BSOD. ^_^

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 11:35 PM
Yes, voice chat is nice, but lags 3 seconds before getting to the other side.
Depends on your connection. But what I do find odd is that no other Xbox Live games have voice lag....weird....

rbf2000
Aug 3, 2003, 12:26 AM
In the matter of opinion, debate is useless.

Get whichever one you think is prettier.